NOTE TO ALL! PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: Misc Mods

Semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

NOTE TO ALL! PLEASE READ!!!

Post by Semper » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:54 am

OK! SO!

We have some new sub sections!!!

For general and other intelligent debate topics ranging from what is the meaning of life to who would win in a war the ST universe or the SW universe please post said topics in the "General Intelligent Discussion" area.

IF you would like to have an official debate to settle a score or just test you wits please post in the Official Judged and League debate section. THAT way the three judges/mods can do their job for you, but please make sure you follow the detailed (and boring) but IMPORTANT special rules for THAT section.

This limbo of a section here where I post this I will use for the odd bulletin about the forthcoming debating league, which never got going last year and can also be used to comment on the official debates going on, or to ASK any questions regarding debating, the rules or what belongs where etc etc.

Thanks for you time.

Mens Agitat Molem.
Accolades/Titles:
[spoiler]Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.[/spoiler]

Semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Re: NOTE TO ALL! PLEASE READ!!!

Post by Semper » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:36 pm

QUESTION: hi

i wanted to post something but i don't know where, so if ya could enlighten me a bit on the matter of what belongs in this, that, those, these and all that over there and what in general intelligent discussion topics.

because one can (or at least I can) make a debate out of anything in this, that does it mean that if topic is intelligent it goes to intelligent discussion and if it's not to this that? :? but shouldn't it go to the general section then? :?

ANSWER: Yeah no problems.

I can understand how it can be very complicated (this is why I asked for more specific forums)

So you know to bottom line it, in 'general intelligent discussion topics' we have SERIOUS discussions. You cannot express an opinion without explaining it and making it sound logical. That is the aim. (I add we still want to have fun, but we want the topic to go somewhere and not be interrupted by senseless pointless opinions or off topic factors.)

In this, that and those its asking for more relaxed post's just basic opinions without any need for depth or explanation, it of course HAS room for both, but the former (general intelligent discussion topics) only has room for one.

Examples would be "Is this the best game ever" - well yeah could go in both, where as if you would be satisfied with people saying "Yeah I really enjoyed it" then this that those is the place. If you want a more in depth place to throw it then 'general intelligent discussion topics' would be the place. Where you should expect answers like "Yeah it was good because of x,Y and Z..."

And as for putting topics in the general section, well that is ONLY for game related things. Not specific to alliance or officer recruitment and war bragging.

I hope that clears it up for you a bit more. Critical Thinking is the way to go!
Accolades/Titles:
[spoiler]Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.[/spoiler]

Return to “Debate Central”