Moderator: Misc Mods

Juliette
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Scam in RL

Post by Juliette » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:30 am

This (wo)man might be a passive scammer (as one could base on their earlier 'trade issues').
Generally, passive scammers instead of actively scamming people, just start sob stories to try and get their money back without returning the 'faulty' product.
If (s)he is, this particular case would be a change of profile.. reversed the roles, but gain the profit.

If (s)he has been scammed before (the other option one can consider based on their earlier reports), it is possible (s)he changed their mind to "everybody does it, so why not me"?

Or beli could be scamming us instead. :P

Never forget. Everybody lies. Once it appears to you like there isn't a lie at work, someone has been fooled.

Regardless. Don't call. Don't have someone else call. For FF/Koji reasons.

"I do not expect an easy fight - just one I cannot lose."

"If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it."

| +
"Just as the Mother Confessor is the final arbiter of truth through her magic, she is also the final arbiter of power. The word of the Mother Confessor is law."

Juliette: Newgrounds Game Rep & Developer Contact me about Newgrounds suggestions/issues/bugs.

Forum - Unicron
Psyko - Soundwave
Haz - Shockwave
Buck - Grimlock
Dovahkiin - Starscream
Noobert - Sunstorm
Sol - Thundercracker
Sarevok - Skywarp
Legendary Apophis - Cyclonus
Clockwork - Reflector
ertyuio - Divebomb
Kikaz - Rampage

noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Post by noone » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:48 am

The add mentions it came of a 'friends' car.

I would try and see if you can find some serial number on the turbo, and see if the item has perhaps been reported stolen ;)

Then you have a case to hand over to the police ;) fencing its called I believe.

Kojak a bobby :o
Your not that baldy from the police swap program docu on dutch telly are you kojak ???
(cant recall the name, both cop and show)

kojak
The Voice of Reason
Alliance: The Dark Dominuim
Race: Scottish
ID: 88279
Alternate name(s): Brucey

Post by kojak » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:50 am

NanoBite wrote:The add mentions it came of a 'friends' car.

I would try and see if you can find some serial number on the turbo, and see if the item has perhaps been reported stolen ;)

Then you have a case to hand over to the police ;) fencing its called I believe.

Your not that baldy from the police swap program docu on dutch telly are you kojak ???

The name of the cop is "kojak" and the shaow was called em well "Kojak" lol..

And yeah thats where the name came from... Have your self a beer from me...

noone
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Post by noone » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:54 am

kojak wrote:

Hahaha, no no no ... though .. I'll have the beer :P

I meant the program where an english cop trades places with a california cop.
The english guys learn the 'zero tolerance' approach from the us folks.
And vice versa, they us folks learn the english approach of being rough without a firearm.

Also, beli, that guy on the website has a good trade score and well over 2000 posts there ...
I cant realy imagine a scammer obtaining that. If it is a scammer, the site should have previous complaints about the trader in question.

Juliette
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Post by Juliette » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:42 am

NanoBite wrote:
kojak wrote:

And vice versa, they us folks learn the english approach of being rough without a firearm.

Also, beli, that guy on the website has a good trade score and well over 2000 posts there ...
I cant realy imagine a scammer obtaining that. If it is a scammer, the site should have previous complaints about the trader in question.
Scammer needs to start somewhere. Remember SGC_Replicators. Everyone thought he was clean, boom! proven wrong.
Or myself, for example. Used to be a fairly well-loved forum member. Nothing but good grades and all. Lots of posts. Boom! Blown up.

(What I'm saying is, good histories count for nothing.)

"I do not expect an easy fight - just one I cannot lose."

"If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it."

| +
"Just as the Mother Confessor is the final arbiter of truth through her magic, she is also the final arbiter of power. The word of the Mother Confessor is law."

Juliette: Newgrounds Game Rep & Developer Contact me about Newgrounds suggestions/issues/bugs.

Forum - Unicron
Psyko - Soundwave
Haz - Shockwave
Buck - Grimlock
Dovahkiin - Starscream
Noobert - Sunstorm
Sol - Thundercracker
Sarevok - Skywarp
Legendary Apophis - Cyclonus
Clockwork - Reflector
ertyuio - Divebomb
Kikaz - Rampage

noone
Forum Elite

Post by noone » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:19 am

Juliette wrote:
NanoBite wrote:
kojak wrote:

Scammer needs to start somewhere. Remember SGC_Replicators. Everyone thought he was clean, boom! proven wrong.
Or myself, for example. Used to be a fairly well-loved forum member. Nothing but good grades and all. Lots of posts. Boom! Blown up.

(What I'm saying is, good histories count for nothing.)

But they're better then nothing :)

And his recent activity in traiding would suggest Beli is that traders first victim .... cant realy imagine that ... allthough .... hmm .. I would scam beli too >.>

beliblisk
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: Resistance
ID: 68961

Post by beliblisk » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:00 am

Well i am stilly trying to comvince he/she to return founds.......his/her trade record is perfect that why i am more and more confused.

Any seller doesnt reply to pm,e mail or on the forum so things seem to be a little dark for me :?

With 6,401,820,330,144 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2994000 of Super Tadz's Covert Ops!

With 111,151,377,807,302 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 9330796 of EnterTheLion's Undercover Agents!

With 2,663,022,177,462 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 3840816 of Rube_Dragon's Covert Agents!

Considering the distance to travel, the enthusiasm of the troops for this battle, and the degree to which they were comfortable in their victory,and 8,880,526 Untrained Jaffa ware taken from the realm of XYZ.

Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Post by Kit-Fox » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:17 am

Removed
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.

Return to “Debate Central”