Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Re: Drugs

Post by Legendary Apophis » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:38 am

No bad side effects to "good marijuana", errr that's utter utopia and completely wrong. No bad side effects to good tobacco is as much a wrong statement by the way.

@ Zero, few weeks ago a baby was killed by a driver who smoked marijuana, and you got this kind of dramas very often, in my country it's one of the main causes of deadly car accidents (about 1/5 of all car accidents causing death are due to weed). So please, stop with the "weed is cool and never causes any damages to others".
Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
SpoilerShow
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life

Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

Post by Angnoch » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:45 am

We will stop with the weed is cool, if you quit believing the propaganda from the turn of the century that vilified marijuana. As far as harmful effects go, it is no worse than alcohol or tobacco on a persons body. Yet because of a campaign that made it seem like it was one of the worst things on the planet, by the same people who kept snuff boxes full of cocaine mind you, most people have grown up the the perception that weed=hard drugs. That is a completely weak train of thought. It is a drug and should be controlled, but in much the same way tobacco and alcohol are controlled. A set of guidelines and laws on when and where you can smoke.
SpoilerShow

Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Post by Z E R O » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:57 am

Legendary Apophis wrote:No bad side effects to "good marijuana", errr that's utter utopia and completely wrong. No bad side effects to good tobacco is as much a wrong statement by the way.

@ Zero, few weeks ago a baby was killed by a driver who smoked marijuana, and you got this kind of dramas very often, in my country it's one of the main causes of deadly car accidents (about 1/5 of all car accidents causing death are due to weed). So please, stop with the "weed is cool and never causes any damages to others".

Jim, if you please, I would like to see cited examples of this. Reputable news articles would do. Just be aware... Any article you can find me proving marijuana has caused harm, I will find evidence one hundred fold that alcohol is far more harmful to society.

I don't think a single person here has said "Weed is cool" It is just being compared to a far more harmful and destructive legal drug, and the harm caused by weed pales in comparison to the harm caused by said legal drug. That is an undisputable fact. This is not due to the fact that less people consume it either. Marijuana is the most common illicit drug, the most affordable, the most accessible, and the LEAST harmful of them all. Millions upon millions have tried it... If there was going to be evidence to come out that marijuana was as harmful as alcohol, it would be here by now. It's not.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
SpoilerShow

Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Post by Jim » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:09 pm

Z E R O wrote:
I don't think a single person here has said "Weed is cool"

Weed isnt cool, but it is pretty awesome.

Recent big report on cannabis:
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 11012.html

Newest update on Amsterdam:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 76780.html

First American states to legalise:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 93459.html

Shezmu
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Post by Shezmu » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:49 am

Marijuana is awesome, but like anything should be used responsibly! I'd rather drive around stoners than drunks or texters because they are paranoid and more vigilant though perhaps slower.

Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Post by Kjarkur » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:57 pm

I'd rather drive around sober drivers only.

But point taken.
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of FameShow
- > SGW's Hero of the YearShow
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->Show
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->Show

Return to “Debate Central”