Come chat with Admin

Offical Chat Forum - if you have question about the chat or anything related to it ask here
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re: Come chat with Admin

I'll see if I can either get that fixed, or get a replacement web chat page set up after I finish work >.<
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Didn't work last week when I tried it then either.

I followed your mirc guide, and that is working fine. It signs me into everywhere when I launch, so that's very useful :)

.... Not that there's anyone in these admin meets #-o Just Juliette & I tossing around the tumbleweed :-$

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

And ETL.
Caprila

#-o True.

Actually kinda fun though. Would be nice if a few more people turned up though.

Interesting to talk to people from the game/forum you might never otherwise interact with, whether admin j turns up or not.

The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Caprila wrote:#-o True.

Interesting to talk to people from the game/forum you might never otherwise interact with, whether admin j turns up or not.
That might actually be a good idea as well... Players discuss things amongst themselves, find out who likes what idea, then present the likable ones to AdminJ (whether in a separate meet, or a forum thread with links to the discussion, I dunno...).

It would make it easier on AdminJ to sift through the ideas, finding the ones most like, and deciding whether to include them, rather than have people arguing back and forth during a meeting.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

when are the meetings?
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Jim wrote:Fridays 8:30am and 3:30pm gametime

Anything you want to share with him?
Ask him about anything?
Complain about the market mess up?
Talk about lack of updates?
Been banned?
Want something fixed or sorted?

Come turn up!

A guide can be found here

Much love
Jim
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

Haz wrote:

That might actually be a good idea as well... Players discuss things amongst themselves, find out who likes what idea, then present the likable ones to AdminJ (whether in a separate meet, or a forum thread with links to the discussion, I dunno...).

It would make it easier on AdminJ to sift through the ideas, finding the ones most like, and deciding whether to include them, rather than have people arguing back and forth during a meeting.
you mean... like... like the forums? #-o

Yeah, doing it (bickering about ideas like that) on irc instead will totally make a difference :neutral:
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Haz wrote:

And remove the only medium through which we can be in contact with J in real time? Which is often the only way.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Caprila

Simply put, I suggested the meetings might be more lively should a few more people attend. 'Hey, if you're got 30 minutes free on friday, why not stop in to see if Admin J's around. If he is, we'll pester him about game updates. If not, well we'll play pass the ~tumbleweed~, share a few beers & jokes during the wait.'

The reality of the situation is, Admin J won't always be able to make the meets. And however unpopular IRC is, there's always going to be a few people with problems, or issues they'd like to talk to him about, that consider it worth it to wait. It's hardly a competition to the forums, but it could be an additional communication tool.

@Haz. It likely would make it much easier for AdminJ to consider specific suggestions brought up to him personally, than reviewing an entire category. However, it's also unlikely to be a popular idea, given the foreseeable arguments about who decides which suggestion should be brought up etc. More trouble than it's worth, I think.

The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

fem fatale wrote:is meeting on atm?

someone tried to access it and got an error message?

[17:35:50] Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/li ... structions. You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.gamesadvantage.com (port 8090).
Should be fixed now.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Caprila

It seems to have gone again :-k
[15:32:09] Running lightIRC 1.1 Build 30. Project home: http://www.lightirc.com
[15:32:29] Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/li ... structions. You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.gamesadvantage.com (port 8090).
Not that I saw anyone at last week's meet :-$

The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Caprila wrote:It seems to have gone again :-k
[15:32:09] Running lightIRC 1.1 Build 30. Project home: http://www.lightirc.com
[15:32:29] Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/li ... structions. You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.gamesadvantage.com (port 8090).
Not that I saw anyone at last week's meet :-$
Damnit!

Paul said he fixed it... >_>
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Caprila

Great admin meet last night, nice to see so many people coming along ;) Along with Support Admin.

~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp
ID: 0

For those that can not attend are we able to start posting the meets again on here. It seems one thing has already been discussed at these meets that had not been mentioned until someone heard about it...then they made a topic post about it.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler

Return to “StarGateWars IRC Chatroom Discussion”