Further to the Courier New topic, but this is an actual bug

Kateaclysmic
Forum Grunt
Alliance: HVE
ID: 1911075

Further to the Courier New topic, but this is an actual bug

Could we please have it so that in the attack screen either all naq shows up as images or all naq shows up as text?

I just attacked someone for 6b because of this issue.

A few weeks back it was seemingly randomly choosing to revert back to showing all naq as text for a while, then a few clicks later and all naq was back to displaying as images, and so on and so forth for a while, although more recently it has been consistently all images.

However now it is doing a combination of the two. Please see attached.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Further to the Courier New topic, but this is an actual

Not a bug.

Summary of tweak, put in while people were calling states:
Forum wrote:>10bil and no ppt = img
Ergo: <10 or PPT = no image (but text)

This update was put in place because of the increased loading times people reported (the images do not cache, obviously, so the page will reload them e.g. each time you go 'back' to the page).
This tweak still guarantees that scripters have not enough data to properly assess targets, while drastically reducing loading times when using your farm list (as more 0 Naq = less images = less loading time).

Same adage as on Ascended: If you look before you click, you will always end up safe and sound.
Kateaclysmic
Forum Grunt

Thanks for your reply, Juliette.

Could I please propose, then, that the text and the images both display in the same fashion? For example, as per my screenshot, where text was displayed as opposed to an image, the text was all in one line and therefore smaller amounts of naq were showing as further protruding to the left (hence looking to be larger amounts of naq) than the text.

It would also, in my opinion, make sense if the font were the same for both the images and the text.

The ideal would be that both images and text were consistent and looked the same, so as not to cause confusion.

Thank you.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Good call, and I do see that point. We will look into whether that is possible. :D
I too am a stickler for things looking 'proper'. ;)
Kateaclysmic
Forum Grunt

Thank you very much. :)
Sphinx42
Goa'uld
ID: 0

Actually, this way, with the amounts <10 bil. being displayed half a centimeter or so to the left, I don't even need to read the actual numbers, which saves my brain some time - AND it makes it impossible to, say, mistake 100 millions for 100 billions or 2 trillions for 2 billions (stupider things have been done while tired). So it's actually faster and safer as it is now.

That said, if things are going to get tidied up, I'll be fine with that too :)
Gone, left, no longer here.

Return to “Bugs Archive”