Stats halved *FIXED*

shehzadem
Hunter
ID: 100956

Re: Stats halved **ACTIVE

Dropped again. Fixed itself again by Mar14 - 06:37.56, but judging by the accumulated GnR, it was like that for at least 2 turns.
Colonel Jack Oneill
Forum Expert
Alliance: Olympus
Race: Tauri
ID: 1916485

Weird , have never experienced this
shehzadem
Hunter

Ye I'm starting to think admin's just messing with me to boost forum post count :razz:
shehzadem
Hunter

Mar15 - 13:15.16 (at least 2 turns, probably more).

again. Should I even post these anymore?
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Yes, please keep doing so.
Thank you for posting these, sheh. Investigation continues.
shehzadem
Hunter

Yeh feels good to be loved. :smt060

GameTime:
Mar16 - 14:16.43 - 2 or more turns again. I have noticed covert rank drops as well, MS and AC stays the same.

:smt100
zogeanking2
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Ascendency
Race: Minbari

shehzadem wrote:Yeh feels good to be loved. :smt060

GameTime:
Mar16 - 14:16.43 - 2 or more turns again. I have noticed covert rank drops as well, MS and AC stays the same.

:smt100

I didn't have any AC when it did for me, but I noticed MS seemed unaffected
Support
Site Admin

Is the lack of report indication of reporting fatigue or did the measures taken two days ago resolve this issue? :) Shooting blind here, since your reports are the only indication something is going wrong somewhere. All rank math is now done the exact same way.
shehzadem
Hunter

What measures? :-k 'Tis true, I haven't seen a drop in rank over these past two days, but I had hoped to test whether the problem was somehow related to sending my MS out on a planet exploration.
Support
Site Admin

What measures? 'Code measures.' For instance, making sure rank and stat math is 100% consistent. :) (ie. bug fixing - Ray Charles style.)

Good, looks like this might be resolved.
shehzadem
Hunter

I knew that. Fascinating. I was just wondering which settings were tweaked. :razz: Anyway, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it happened again. Up until:

Mar18 - 13:36.11 (around 2 turns)

Seems the source of the bug is ever elusive - Road Runner style. :smt117 But I have to say that quite coincidentally the mothership came back with a planet at around the same time the ranks dropped. This time, everything except MS.

Strike from rank 122 to 436
Defense from rank 122 to 198
Covert from rank 258 to 301
AC from rank 35 to 49

Strangely enough, strike is always the most affected, followed by defense. Covert usually marginally, AC maybe a rank or two.

The search continues. :)

EDIT: Second account also dropped in rank right after MS successfully dragged and re-orbited a planet. Everything else is the same as above, even the ranking drop in regard to the attributes. Curious.

P.S. - Are there any prizes for solving the bugs or anything? :-k
shehzadem
Hunter

Okay happened a few times inbetween, couldn't be arsed to post though, but I probably figured it out - the bug is caused by the mothership returning successfully back with a planet.

So to reiterate, the bug is caused by:

Sending a MS out on a planet hunt. After waiting deyadiyada 24h, the MS must come back with a planet for ranks to drop. If the MS comes back empty, the ranks do not drop and everything is a-okay. Now, I thought that ranks correct themselves after 1, maybe 2 turns, but it appears that they stay that way until the next time you log on plus the time it takes for the turn to change. Stats themselves do not drop, only ranks - att the most, followed by def, covert and AC, in that order. MS stays the same (inb4 coincidence).

Maybe there's more that I'm not seeing - the amount of planets it takes for the bug to appear, specific rank range, etc... but I think that's the gist of it. Got'cha you nasty bug :smt117

Cheerio
Support
Site Admin

That deserves a title. Welcome to the rank of Hunter, Sheh.

Alright, looks like the stat recalculation for returning explorers immediately prior to doing the ranking might have caused a conflict - imagine trying to sort coloured cubes and have one change colour mid-process. (It is still very weird that would happen to you repeatedly, but this should remedy that.)
shehzadem
Hunter

Wew nice, thank you. Do I get any fancy admin powers now? :-" :smt047
Anyway, thanks for fixing it so quickly. I'm sure the lad / lass managing the code cracked open a bear now that this thing is behind him. 8)
zogeanking2
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Ascendency
Race: Minbari

Wow was that what was causing it?

I often have my MS looking for planets so makes sense that it was that causing it.

Return to “Bugs Archive”