Accounts on vac mode hacked.

Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Accounts on vac mode hacked.

Here is what I know.

A few days ago 311s account appeared from vac mode (where it had been for over a year) and left the TA. I didn't think much of it at the time, but I sent a PM anyway. This morning when there was no reply, I decided to send him an email about it.

His response was:
311 wrote:no no...............someone must have stolen my account, cuz i didnt come out of vacation mode

Also this morning I found this in my inbox ingame.

"shinobii has quit the Tauri Alliance alliance 01:31"

Shinobii's account has also been on vac mode for a long time, since about march.

Whilst I havn't been able to contact Shinobii yet, I can only assume this is no co-incidence, and that his account too is now not in his control. He has not contacted any member of TAF since logging in and dropping tag, much like 311s account didn't make contact. This is totally out of character for both of the players I know. Shinobii would at least make a post on our forums to say goodbye.

IDs
Shinobii : 37189
311: 21720

I don't quite know what to suggest at this stage. But I thought both the game admins and the community should be aware that these accounts are not under the control of their rightful owners.

EDIT: Both accounts are still dormant on ascended.

~Norbe~
TA HC
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Re: Accounts on vac mode hacked.

:shock: Are you sure it couldn't have been something else?!
Bias Admin colour
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

isnt there a 99 day limit on vac moding?.. maybe time ran out?
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

To the very best of my knowledge,
Jason was never totally clear on the limits of vacation mode...
in any event, the accounts appear to have been hacked.

damn...

makes me want to change my password.

I think I'll do that today.

If it turns out that a crime has been committed, I will offer a substantial ingame reward for the conviction of those responsible.
Last edited by Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict

Agreed... Norbe would appear to be in a strong position to know if they got kicked for inactivity....

and 311 already explained that he didn't intentionally leave vacation mode...

or the TA alliance.

while it might be easy to point fingers in the direction of temptress' FUALL family,

thankfully, they have too much too lose. ;)

probably someone like synvares or a synvares-type little-bitty officer of someone who hates TAF... they war with lots of people... ;)
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

I've heard about another account mysteriously appearing out of vac mode, in circumstances similar to this...

It would have to be a very large coincedence to have 3 accounts vac'd for some time, come off vac in such a short time..

Given it's thursday, I'd say speak directly to jason tomorrow in the irc meet.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
temptress
seraphim

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:Agreed... Norbe would appear to be in a strong position to know if they got kicked for inactivity....

and 311 already explained that he didn't intentionally leave vacation mode...

or the TA alliance.

while it might be easy to point fingers in the direction of temptress' FUALL family,

thankfully, they have too much too lose. ;)

probably someone like synvares or a synvares-type little-bitty officer of someone who hates TAF... they war with lots of people... ;)

[-X Dubby, FuALL don't need to resort to such measures, nor would they. (well not the ones I know)..

who/whats synvares?

and I missed the left alliance thng :?
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Norbe
Forum Elder

Firstly as far as I know there is no limit on vac mode. There is an account still tagged in TA that has been on vac mode for approx. 3 years and has never come off.

Secondly, there is nothing that FUAll have to gain from hacking accounts that are on basically perma-vac mode. So please don't make accusations. This issue is far too important to end up getting spammed to crap by both sides.

Thirdly, it is a shame to hear that a third account is involved. There is definitely no co-incidence here.

I am still waiting to hear back from 311 as to whether the email/password of the account was changed. If he can simply log back in and change it again, its not so much of a problem. Though it is still very worrying.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Norbe
Forum Elder

Razerwire's account has just been deleted about an hour ago. Probably a seperate incident but i'm not ruling anything out at this point, especially as the logs show he hit 311's account earlier.

alliance logs wrote:01:16 deleted__RAZERWIRE [ Tauri Alliance - WantsWool] 311 attack 15 Win
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict

tempty, i'm agreeing with ya. :D

i was just saying that while it would be easy to point fingers at FUALL,
for a variety of reasons, including the server war,

but people shouldn't bother. :)

i'm sorry it appeared that i was pointing fingers, that was absolutely not my intention at all. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Last edited by Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shinobii
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 37189

Allright, just got a text message about my account. I've logged in and changed password. Indeed, I have not touched this account for a long time, think it's been about a year to be honest.

Other than the "set all alliance to" messages, I had these.

Subject: The trade broker reports trade from shinobii to Ymer of 10,370,313,737,296 Naq for 1 Untrained is complete.

Subject: The trade broker reports trade from shinobii to Ymer of 72,000,000 untrained for 1 Naq is complete.

Subject: The trade broker reports trade from shinobii to Tajj of 10,370,313,737,296 Naq for 1 untrained is returned to sender

Subject: The trade broker reports trade from shinobii to Tajj of 10,370,313,737,296 for 1 is rejected.

Subject: The trade broker reports trade from Oumar to shinobii of 32,648,717,949,329 for 1 is rejected.

You can thank whoever sent me a text message for discovering this. Otherwise I would have never known.

Dunno who those players are. Maybe they are legit players, maybe they are just fronts to cover who the naq and untrained really ended up with.

Anyways, not sure what the official way to report this is. I'll look up thing.

I'm still not interested in getting back into the game. Have gotten into a few other things lately and just lost interest in something text based. Once this is resolved i'll probably go back on vac mode.
Norbe
Forum Elder

Shin, the text was my idea, but it was sent by BMMJ13 from EPA. I will take this to the admin meeting tomorrow and talk to admin directly. Hopefully he will look into 311 and razerwires' accounts too.

Ymer: id=36299 : Email: johan.eriksson@mbox331.swipnet.se
Ex-AB Member and i'm told a decent guy by someone that knew him. He was supposidly inactive too.

Tajj: id=81795
Oumar: id=76408

I would say whoever runs those accounts is likely a multi/hacker, who was attempting to hack shin's account and use it to cover his trail, assuming that as shinobii's account has been inactive for so long it would never be checked and he would get away with it. There is probably quite a trail of various past players accounts that have been accessed in this way, especially if Ymer is not the culprit but a victim too.

~Norbe~
Shinobii
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 37189

Cool, yea, great idea. Kinda funny to receive it, took me a while a bit to remember what sgw was. I've sent an email to urgent@stargatewars.com and changed all my password.

Hopefully this gets resolved before I come off ppt because I don't even remember how to play this game. Would love to just put it back on vacation mode, but oh wells.
Norbe
Forum Elder

Nice one shin, just waiting for 311 to get back to me and tell me he's done the same. Then we need to find out what the heck happend to razerwire and get that undeleted. As for playing the game, its easy. If your name is shinobii all you do is push the "Mass them to hell" button as and when you feel like it. :P

~Norbe~
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
temptress
seraphim

I'm wondering how "hacker" knew these were long term vac accounts, and I remember Ymer and agree he seemed an ok guy
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections

Return to “For Admin Archives”