Accounts on vac mode hacked.

Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Re: Accounts on vac mode hacked.

Shinobii wrote:That's a good point, there is a limit to dropping out of vacation and then going on ppt. All I can tell is that someone used a market turn to go on ppt according to my market logs.

You have used 1 trades and/or donations this week.
You have used 1 PPT bonuses this week.

shinobii Ymer 10,370,313,737,296 Naquadah 1 Untrained Nov 12, 2009, 4:34 am Completed.
shinobii Ymer 72,000,000 Untrained 1 Naquadah Nov 12, 2009, 4:33 am Completed.
shinobii Tajj 10,370,313,737,296 Naquadah 1 Untrained Nov 12, 2009, 4:13 am Rejected&Returned.
Oumar shinobii 32,648,717,949,329 Naquadah 1 Untrained Nov 12, 2009, 1:34 am Rejected&Returned.

So thx to norbe who had my cell phone, i was alerted pretty quickly.

Admin has gotten back to me and it looks like what i lost will be returned and then I'll be hitting vac mode till I can get myself in the mood to play again. Probably send my stuff to someone more active in case this happens again.

Still HOW did someone get into your account?
Bias Admin colour
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

ID= 83233 (formerly lilith)

User Stats
Name: Sl0vak

Living God of the TOLAH
{On The Cusp of A Black Hole...}
{Temporarily on the Protected Planets Treaty...}
Plane: Normal Reality
Commander: Pragma
Race Name: System Lord
Army Size: 54,476,459
Treasury: 269,825,692 Naquadah
Fortifications: Galactic Military Complexes
Relation (yours/theirs) Neutral / Neutral
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

With the size Lilith had before, he/she is royally screwed right now. You don't just get back up to 450m+ AS.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Radiance wrote:With the size Lilith had before, he/she is royally screwed right now. You don't just get back up to 450m+ AS.

I wonder where those uu did go...untrained & raided (there would be a bragging thread), brokered/sent to multiple people then?
400mil army just doesn't vanish this way!

Someone did go into the database or something. Some of those being accounts of people who left for a year if not more...not linked to each others...
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

I guess it'd depend if the hacker was being smart about it.

The $$ market is a big one, selling off 50-100+mil at a time doesn't raise eyebrows, and the public record of it is deleted after a week. Same for large amounts of naq.

It would be smarter to sell off hacked resources, after all admin can remove/ban ingame accounts, but not $$ from your bank account.

He could be arrogant to believe himself uncatchable and has it all stacked up an ingame somewhere, but if you're smart enough to track down these accounts and get into them.. I doubt it.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
solmyr
Forum Elite
Alliance: Faded Empire
Race: Masstastic
ID: 94442
Alternate name(s): Thurisaz, Dance Commander

Caprila wrote:I've heard about another account mysteriously appearing out of vac mode, in circumstances similar to this...

It would have to be a very large coincedence to have 3 accounts vac'd for some time, come off vac in such a short time..

Given it's thursday, I'd say speak directly to jason tomorrow in the irc meet.

as have 1, ans it was someone who i know would reply back to me, and now they have mysteriousl lost 100's of mill army size.

i think we have an epidemic
TRADED WITH ME??? Lemme Know how it went!!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=154179
8 Multi's reported and banned
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

311, I'm happy you got your stuff back but what about everyone else?

Sure some of them may have had no intention of ever coming back but that's beside the point.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
solmyr
Forum Elite

bebita wrote:another account that should be look into it
is lilith ex eternal knights
she had over 400 mil army now uu disseapeared no sign of life from her .....
id=83233 => lilith
id=33492 => his co and he played several times with uu and alot of naq
id=11899=> he had alot of naq out in the same time pragma had the naq out

this was the one i refeerred to and spoke to bebita about ingame, and yes pragma the CO has had 200mill UU 100T ppts and sl0vak (lilith) joined him as soon as she became active again. I email admin weeks ago but no reply :(
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

looks like access to database , and abusing of vac accounts, resources migh have been sold via msn thoor spread around to what ever accounts for fun.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Tekki wrote:311, I'm happy you got your stuff back but what about everyone else?

Sure some of them may have had no intention of ever coming back but that's beside the point.

Just to correct you, believe it or not but no resources were taken from 311s account. Shinobii's account lost approx 10 tril naq and 72mil UU, which havn't been replace yet, but he says he should get them refunded by admin.

So far the majority of the players affected have been previously high profile players. Lillith was the EK leader for a long time, same with 311 who was on the TA HC. Oumar was delta. Hen.. well we all know how great he was whilst he was with us. Ymer isn't quite so high profile, i'd never heard of him but apparently plenty of people have. The point I am making is its possible there is a player out there that has planned this for a long time. Long enough to watch a lot of accounts go inactive, jot down the IDs and wait for what they considered the right time to pull this off. Long term inactive accounts are the perfect victims. The owners simply wont think to check on them and report it. Unless they have a friend who sends them a text message that is.

Whoever is doing this though, has clearly thought it through. They will likely attempt to cover their tracks and make the work of the admins in catching them as hard as possible. You can bet there is someone out there with an unverified paypal account just waiting for the money to roll in. And it might well be someone we least expect it to be.

They have already made one mistake though, we know one part of the trail thanks to shinobii. Hopefully we can manage to get messages out to some of the other players invoved in this and fill in a few more of the blanks.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Sorry for the double post. I take it back. Its linked to this guy...

viewtopic.php?f=159&t=94227&p=1091158&hilit=zugam1%40gmail.com#p1091158

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Tekki
Forum Addict

Ah I apologise then about 311, I misread.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
solmyr
Forum Elite

unfortunately lilith dropped off the face of the Earth and no emails are replied to and noone has a way of contacting her, however i am willing to bet (as is bebs i think) that the CO Pragma has something to do with it. why would a hacked accounts first action be to change commander? a commander that has a 200mill UU 100T ppt when the acc loses 100's of mill UU? id be VERY surprised if they are not connected
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

I'm glad I came off vacation mode recently.

I think I will check my account on a semi-regular basis even when I am on long-term vacation mode.

here's a suggestion:
the quitting thread should require member login to view. :)

In fact, I suggest the whole forums should require more secure access.

Has anyone noticed the occasional posting by spambots?

it has happened in the SGW BattleCorp Forums, and I believe it has happened here as well.

5,000 Attack Turns as a Reward for information that puts someone in jail for fraud and hacking.
Ancient_one
Forum Irregular

viewtopic.php?f=130&t=154805

This is the account connected to Pragma trying to sell off resources. I suggest trying to start there.

Return to “For Admin Archives”