READ Before posting your idea

DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

READ Before posting your idea

Game Suggestion: When thinking up suggestion try to be 'smarter than the average bear' dont just go and post the first idea that comes into your head, try to elaborate on your ideas, give reasons for how and why they would improve the game as well as possible advantages and disadvantages.

Balancing the game:
balance is a fickle thing, when suggesting ideas try to come up with solutions that will balance the game for all races not your your prefered race or an idea that will improve your race bonus.

Stupid idea's:
even though this goes with out saying, people still post stupid idea's, why? who knows...anyway please refrain from posting silly idea's that will ruin the integrity of the game as we know it, these idea's just serve to clutter up the game suggestions forum and therefore prevent good idea's from being seen and then possibly implemented, for any body whom is wondering why im posting about stupid idea's these include but are not limited to; Bank interest, race filter search, highest naquadah filter, trust me in my time on this forum ive seen it all.

i think thats it for now, and before someone says anything i must say we are all guilty of a stupid idea once in a while but please in future just think.
it would be appreciated it this could be stickied as i think everyone can benefit from it.

About naming posts:

There have been a lot of posts recently which have been titled like:

'good ideas'
'some suggestions'

etc, etc.

Please can you all, when posting a suggestion, give the topic title a name that is relevant to the suggestion. 'Ideas' and/or 'Suggestions' is not good enough.

This way it means that people that are interested in the idea can read it, people can remember what the suggestion is about, and it makes the lives of the Mods easier.

I would also ask that you limit one idea to one topic - as trying to discuss several ideas in one thread cn become quite confusing - plus, people see a long and detailed post, with several headings and their enthusiasm to read it just plummets!!

Just a few guidelines to try and generate more interest in your ideas.

Regards,

Wolf

Detail it:
If u suggest something try to make it detailed, no suggestion can be defined with 1 sentence! Try to write it a way, how everyone can understand what exactly you want to suggest.

Search:
before u post, always search for existing topics on the issue. Maybe someone has posted that idea before you. When searching, filter it down to the Game Suggestions section. Also try with more keywords of your idea one after another. There are topics with not too good names, look into those too, maybe what you want to suggest is in a topic which wasnt named well.

If you find a similar topic suggested before: add a reply to that. If you feel its OK with modifications, suggest those modifications. Add to your post, what u want to change, what is good what is wrong in the original suggestion.

Keep in mind that if u make a new suggestion and it was suggested before, it will likely sink. But if u add to an existing topic, the size of the topic will gravitate more ppls, and the suggestion will more likely be noticed.

Edited by Digi 02/17/08
Originally posted by Replisean 06/01/05
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
MajorLeeHurts
Major Pain

Re: READ Before posting your idea

Could you please explain the process by which the valid suggestions are taken to Admin for consideration.

After which please feel free to delete my post.
Kaboomer wrote: "Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

MajorLeeHurts wrote:Could you please explain the process by which the valid suggestions are taken to Admin for consideration.

After which please feel free to delete my post.
"Valid" suggestions... suggestions can be argued as to whether they are valid or not. However, assuming there are suggestions that are heavily supported there is I believe currently no process for taking these directly to Admin.

People will normally bring these up in the Admin meet on Fridays.

It should not be expected that the For Admin Mods handle the suggestions being given to Admin. I would consider doing it myself to help out if it were not for the fact that I rarely get home from work in time for the first meet and am in bed before the second meet.
Image ImageImageImage
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

from Grepolis forum where they are using some formats to post ideas, incase it might adapted here and modified a bit so new ideas meet some criteria in order to be properly discussed

Ideas Form

Proposal:
In a few sentences, state the general concept of your idea.

Have you Checked the 'Do not suggest list/previously suggested ideas' in the 'Archive'
you will save yourself a lot of time and avoid the risk of your thread being closed quickly

Reason:
Explain why you think this is either a necessary or enhancing addition to the game. You should consider the existing game mechanics here and show how this idea improves upon them. Tables comparing costs, times, unit values etc are a helpful addition.

Details:
Explain the specifics of your proposal. How will it work?

Visual Aids:
Put any mock-ups here. Those that are large screenshots should be linked, smaller windows can be displayed using the image tags.

Balance:
Describe what impact this idea will have on other game features. Will it require adjustments or changes? If so, be specific.

Abuse Prevention:
Does your proposal open up possible exploits or make it possible for players to cheat? If so, then how can this be addressed?.

Summary:
Give a final wrap up and list any questions you think may still need to be answered to improve your idea.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

*grin* We were just discussing that.
Good find, Lith. ;)
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

the visual aids are not necessary as that game was different, but the rest can be enhanced a bit to fit with this game.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259

Return to “Suggestions Archive”