New Main Ascended Bonuses

Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

New Main Ascended Bonuses

Seeing as ascensions have been increased to at least 20, and most people either stop at LG+1 (due to reduced bonuses thereafter) or at AG, it should be time for i'd say ascensions 15 through to 20 get some sort of new bonuses rather than just the continued 1% increase in base stats.

Too many people have stopped ascending and it should be encouraged more, but the only way to do that is by making it more worthwhile.

I have spoken to Jason about gathering ideas for new bonuses and he said I should go ahead with this and see what we all come up with. He did say he can't promise that bonuses will be given, but he will definitely consider the ideas we can get here. So at least that's something. :D

I personally feel that if any bonus is given then it should be that same bonus throughout ascensions 15 to 20 but increasing a little bit the further you go.

This thread is NOT here for debates about how the ascension requirements are too high, or that it's not worth ascending anymore. This thread is here purely for people to give their ideas for new bonuses. If you feel that the requirements are too high and it's not worth ascending anymore past AG then try to come up with some sort of bonus that may turn that around.

If you have anything to say about a bonus that has been suggested here then feel free to post. Anything other than suggestions or comments on said suggestions will be removed as spam. lets try to be a bit creative. :D

If you have an idea for a bonus then post it in this thread and I will add it to this list below.

I've already spoken with several people about this and they have put forward some ideas already:

1 - Slight increase again on base stats (i.e. more than 1%)
2 - Increased Officer slots
3 - Increased Planet slots
4 - Increase in UP upgrades (i.e. increase of 4 per upgrade as opposed to the current 3)

New suggestions will be added when I get them so get posting your thoughts.
Image ImageImageImage
weilandsmith
Forum Elder
Race: Asgard
ID: 1994771

Re: New Main Ascended Bonuses

how about providing really big bonuses for ascension number 10 and 20. the bonuses every 10 ascension becomes a goal to strive for aside from the ascended title. the bonus has to be something that can be easily implemented. as we have all seen, tampering with the game code causes all sorts of bugs. if you give out a simple bonus like extra naq, UU, name change, ATs and MPSD, then jason can easily arrange it.

for the 10th ascension, how about an equivalent to $50 SS upgrade times 5? a $50 SS upgrade times 10 at ascension level 20 or something like this.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=121210

just change what acesion its achived at :)
weilandsmith
Forum Elder

AssAsinX wrote:no

:lol: what i am suggesting is something that jason can easily implement instead of tampering with heaps of code. if you have a better idea than increased SS bonuses, then feel free to post.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Why would you want to ascend more, its a waste of time, ascended server sucks, maybe you want it because you just got your 16th ascension and you want a big bonus.........
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

SuperSaiyan wrote:
GeneralChaos wrote:Why would you want to ascend more, its a waste of time, ascended server sucks, maybe you want it because you just got your 16th ascension and you want a big bonus.........

this update would make it not a waste of time :roll:

Of course it would, think of all the guys who are sitting with 300k+ RAW ups, covert lvl 32+ etc, because they stopped ascending because ASCENDED SERVER sucks, and only plays into sniper accounts hands......why would they want to throw it away for someone who only builds stats so they can ascend over and over,

Its a waste of time.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
weilandsmith
Forum Elder

GeneralChaos wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
GeneralChaos wrote:Why would you want to ascend more, its a waste of time, ascended server sucks, maybe you want it because you just got your 16th ascension and you want a big bonus.........

Of course it would, think of all the guys who are sitting with 300k+ RAW ups, covert lvl 32+ etc, because they stopped ascending because ASCENDED SERVER sucks, and only plays into sniper accounts hands......why would they want to throw it away for someone who only builds stats so they can ascend over and over,

Its a waste of time.

you play the game differently, others play it differently. to each his/her own way of playing. just because you have a different view doesn't mean that it should be imposed on everyone else.

we are putting up constructive suggestions here to help make the game better. if you feel that ascended has a problem (as i believe, many feel that way too), then post an idea that can make ascended more playable and friendly.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Well my opinion,, Please FIX ascended to some assemblence of a viable game first, then openly discuss newer bonuses.

Personall I think every one of you is going in the wrong direction. More and more Ascentions SHOULD yeild less and less rewards. Otherwise your just increasing the gap between the new and old more and more, and it a joke now.

Now, I wouldnt have a problem with giving 1 "big" bonus like every 10 ascentions. Like the 4 mentioned above. But ascentions 1-9, 11-19, 21-29,etc etc etc, should yeild only the 1% bonus. They are incredable easy to acheive and incredable cheap to do so. Not to mention they offer NO incentive in ascention. I bet I could do 10 base ascentions and not gain the APP from 1 weeks income presently.

As for the four listed

1 - Slight increase again on base stats (i.e. more than 1%)
2 - Increased Officer slots
3 - Increased Planet slots
4 - Increase in UP upgrades (i.e. increase of 4 per upgrade as opposed to the current 3)

1. No, opens the gap to much, and kills Diamons even more
2. Not a bad idea
3.IDK, I think 10 is too many, maybe incorperate the merging planets idea here?
4.NO thats a 25% Decrease in UP cost, and therefore make the next ascention even easier and cheaper

Possible additions.
Sacrifising lifes in a useful manner to obtain something??? maybe.

Biggest thing about ascentions is they were meant to pummel an account, and they barely even effect them anymore. There needs to be a cost worthy of the reward.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
weilandsmith
Forum Elder

Lore wrote:Biggest thing about ascentions is they were meant to pummel an account, and they barely even effect them anymore. There needs to be a cost worthy of the reward.

the biggest hindrance to losing everything when you ascend is the broker. make it so it is not possible to ascend while there are active brokers. then maybe we can have increased rewards. and i'm glad you agree with the 10, 20 big bonus ascension reward.
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

My vote would be to go opposite from Daimon.

To keep things balanced.

15-20 you get a % decrease of troop looses.

E.g

15 = 2%
16 = 3%
17 = 7%
18 = 14%
19 = 28%
20 = 50%

Basically the idea being a "whatever a 20 Ascended being is called" is very hard to kill, so they loose less troops, as apposed to the other end of the scale, a DAIMON, who is no longer in the recieve of Ascended Powers is much easier to kill and has 2x the number of unit losses.

Thoughts? Comments?
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster

the tech improvements?? For anyone of a decent size (ie Ascended over 6 times) these are easily obtainable, depending on the number of Ascensions, you can get another upgrade perhaps?

eg:

Planetary Assimilators
Galactic Assimilators [make this upgrade 2 instead of Universal]
Universal Assimilators [becomes Ascension 10 or 15]
Multi-Dimensional Assimilators [ for Ascension 15 or 20]

Feel free to modify my idea, like every 10 Ascensions instead of 5 as I've got listed
Azarak
Forum Intermediate

Clarkey and I have spent the last couple of weeks brainstorming ideas on this and ways to get more people to do keep going as very few people do it.

I agree going past LG+1 is not worth it but the people who do it do it for fun. The people who actually play the game for fun keep ascending for something to do and o get enjoyment out of it and not be those who buy and sell UU/Naq or $ and make a profit, those who devote 90% of resources to stats, those who go and mass smaller players for fun.

weilandsmith wrote:how about providing really big bonuses for ascension number 10 and 20. the bonuses every 10 ascension becomes a goal to strive for aside from the ascended title. the bonus has to be something that can be easily implemented. as we have all seen, tampering with the game code causes all sorts of bugs. if you give out a simple bonus like extra naq, UU, name change, ATs and MPSD, then jason can easily arrange it.

for the 10th ascension, how about an equivalent to $50 SS upgrade times 5? a $50 SS upgrade times 10 at ascension level 20 or something like this.

Ascension number 10 is not a hard task anymore, the cost is low so no extra bonus should be given. Just look at the cost to ascend to EAG compared to AG - its a massive increase and here we even suggested waiting till number 15 (of which the cost has risen by another fairly large chunk).

Clarkey and I have been talking about this, and himsef with others also since before he got to 16 so its not a random oh yes I want a bonus now I am thee. I can't speak for Clarkey but I know he will keep going whether new bonuses are introduced or not so reall the point is meaningless. Like several others he does it for fun and to reveal the remaining names - thats all not to work the system so he gets a bonus out of it.

GeneralChaos wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:

Its a waste of time.

No1 is being made to ascend again - its a choice some will and others wont. I agree ascended server is a giant waste of time which is why most people including myself mostly ignore it. These bonuses are targeting main so why you even feel the need to start with the ascended is crap talk who knows.

Lore wrote:Well my opinion,, Please FIX ascended to some assemblence of a viable game first, then openly discuss newer bonuses.

Personall I think every one of you is going in the wrong direction. More and more Ascentions SHOULD yeild less and less rewards. Otherwise your just increasing the gap between the new and old more and more, and it a joke now.

Now, I wouldnt have a problem with giving 1 "big" bonus like every 10 ascentions. Like the 4 mentioned above. But ascentions 1-9, 11-19, 21-29,etc etc etc, should yeild only the 1% bonus. They are incredable easy to acheive and incredable cheap to do so. Not to mention they offer NO incentive in ascention. I bet I could do 10 base ascentions and not gain the APP from 1 weeks income presently.

Says mr 300mil+ army size :p However I do agree its quite easy to do even 11+ however one problem with doing this is, as those who are there know is your lifer count becomes massive (people who go all the way wil end up with 100-150mil of them which is stupid) but this is another matter.

So what you are saying is people who put in the time and the resources to go to number 20 should be getting less bonus than admin currently gives? Yeh please explain why? 20-30 tril on an ascension + most likely 10mil+ lifers added and the bonus should be less than the current 1% yeh that is going to make less people do it not more.

Sarevok wrote:the tech improvements?? For anyone of a decent size (ie Ascended over 6 times) these are easily obtainable, depending on the number of Ascensions, you can get another upgrade perhaps?

eg:

Planetary Assimilators
Galactic Assimilators [make this upgrade 2 instead of Universal]
Universal Assimilators [becomes Ascension 10 or 15]
Multi-Dimensional Assimilators [ for Ascension 15 or 20]

Feel free to modify my idea, like every 10 Ascensions instead of 5 as I've got listed

Your not getting it are you? 1-10 is fine as is (these days cost pretty much nothing - why would extra bonuses be given for something so simple and cheap, even 1-15 is fine as is (cost is not that great). Its just the last 5 or less that is something that takes effort and work to get done these days.
I am no longer a regular forum poster – PM ingame or catch me on msn if need be.

au revoir
-Ross/Azarak
Sarevok
Forum Addict

See i'm not there, so, you surgested a variation, which is what i was asking for. So leave the first 2, and only allow the second 2 once you pass the mark (assuming 16th), or one at 16, and one at 18, or 20
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

weilandsmith wrote:the biggest hindrance to losing everything when you ascend is the broker. make it so it is not possible to ascend while there are active brokers. then maybe we can have increased rewards. and i'm glad you agree with the 10, 20 big bonus ascension reward.

No active brokers solve nothing, you just broker it, let them accept it, and broker it back. Takes 30 seconds longer.

12agnar0k wrote:My vote would be to go opposite from Daimon.

To keep things balanced.

15-20 you get a % decrease of troop looses.

E.g

15 = 2%
16 = 3%
17 = 7%
18 = 14%
19 = 28%
20 = 50%

Basically the idea being a "whatever a 20 Ascended being is called" is very hard to kill, so they loose less troops, as apposed to the other end of the scale, a DAIMON, who is no longer in the recieve of Ascended Powers is much easier to kill and has 2x the number of unit losses.

Thoughts? Comments?

I like the idea, you got it a bit over powered but the idea is solid.

@ Azarak,,,,What does my 350 mill size got to do with anything? Fact is offering bigg prizes for top end ascention helps the big and strong and hurts the weak.

Especially the newer players because so many older/larger players sit in G&R range **Because they have too** just to maintain their accounts.

You give this rediculously powerful ascention boosts and you will see 2 factions race to complete them all, those beinfg the ones who can afford them the easiest. This makes them stronger in attack, and makes them accept fewer losses, so whats gonna happen to the up and comings who take months to eek out 1 ascention.

Not only that but ascending should be about ascended, not about main. You want main bonuses then build your main account. Ascentions should be for furthering your ascended account.

These are just my opinions.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

increase the points given in ascended by like a factor 1,000,000, that would make it a little more worth wild, or something better then the crap all you can just save in like a week anyway

Return to “Suggestions Archive”