tech thoughts

Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 0

tech thoughts

Thinking about the game, there is no strategy in it at the moment,

Sure, it is a great game for just massing and beating players but those with fast internet, multiply laptops, etc can just sit there and sellotape the attack button and watch tv.

I think, it would add a new dimension that new techologies can be researched.

These would have levels, and each level costs more naq, BUT, may not produce the finsihed item straight away.

e.g I need to build my science tech level to at least 5 before I start to get any meaningful information.

I also have a new set of units to train. Scientists. These can be trained up but can never be untrained (only on ascension) and these help produce science points which go towards researching tech.

Certain techs will only need a few points as they are fairly basic like 1% increase in efficiency of attack but higher the %, requires an exponential rise in points

I get to a point and start to decide which path way I want to take for tech.
There will be a dropped down box which I can click for an additional cost of naq.

These can be invisibility, realm shift (not to perg), hologram tech, re-animation tech and many others that aid attack, defence, covert, income , ms, even Up production.

So, I decide I want to study invisibility I have gained enough science points and have gained an higher enough level. I "pay" from my income a % for this to be researched. It is not instant, and there is % probability that the tech cannot be used (another path needs to be taken) but this is the gamble as sometimes no matter how much you research you cannot get there (the how, what, when ) needs further padding out.

So, I plough naq into the invisibility tech. I am successful. So what does my new tech do.

Addition to this, there is a "power" required. This is somewhat akin to the ascended re-fill and is dependent upon no of scientists.

So, I engage my invisibility tech. This applies to my attack and MS.

I can start to mass a player or hit a player (depending upon how much energy I can have but not enough so it can be abused and once used up, will take a certain time to refil)

This means that I could potentially mass a player and they would not be able to see who was doing it. They could attack back, but would only get some damage reports, not who it is and some of there attacks would miss the target so 15 ats wasted. The would only be able to hit back 5 times after you have stopped, so they could not continually mass you.

Of course continue and you run out of power then you loose you invisibility.

Other techs like realm means that if someone is massing you, you realm shift (similar to planets) and your protected for however long your power can generate the realm shift.

Re-animation, could be used, if your being massed or you are the attacker, you engage this tech and you units remarkable come back (to a %)

Would this make the game too complicated, make lag even worse.

Do not pooh pooh the idea, is it doable, if not state why and if so say why.

The game needs re-freshing up, as now just hitting the sab button has replaced the attack button

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
J I X
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Sigma

Re: tech thoughts

Harakash Maha Vishnu wrote:
I can start to mass a player or hit a player (depending upon how much energy I can have but not enough so it can be abused and once used up, will take a certain time to refil)

This means that I could potentially mass a player and they would not be able to see who was doing it. They could attack back, but would only get some damage reports, not who it is and some of there attacks would miss the target so 15 ats wasted. The would only be able to hit back 5 times after you have stopped, so they could not continually mass you.

you want to be able to attack players with out them knowing who you are? i dont like that idea if your not brave enough to mass a player and letting him/her know who you are dont do it.

Other techs like realm means that if someone is massing you, you realm shift (similar to planets) and your protected for however long your power can generate the realm shift.
we have ppt thats good enough

Re-animation, could be used, if your being massed or you are the attacker, you engage this tech and you units remarkable come back (to a %)
i do like this a idea thou. saying that resources are easy to come by these days so its not really needed bout 5 years late lol

Would this make the game too complicated, make lag even worse.

Do not pooh pooh the idea, is it doable, if not state why and if so say why.

The game needs re-freshing up, as now just hitting the sab button has replaced the attack button

you dont like the sab button but you'd like to be able to mass somebody with out them being able to tell who it was?
Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire
Race: Goa'uld

PPTS are taken and 48 hours. The realm change would be protection for as long as your power levels could sustain it.

I do not think that you could use it more then 12 hours, but players that are being massed, could use this to get a breather. When you are phased you know when that person will un-phase, but say you get on line, and see your account being massed/sabbed.

It normally takes me a few mins to get 3-4 windows up to get back. The realm shift could help there for example.

And for players not knowing who massed them, then yes, most big players do not care not who knows they massed BUT for some of those not in the UBER alliances, could potentially, e.g. mass Harchy and he does not know who it was. That would be the advantage for the smaller players to work on to ensure they give some of the bigger accounts a good thrashing whilst staying anoymous.

The tech would need to be controlled to prevent sniper accounts being built but there are means and ways of doing this.

(Just out of this, why do ashrak have invisibility cloaks?, as most system lords would want there enemies to know who had killed them, but it is an advantage).

And for re-animation, yeah a million UU lost I make up easily within a day, no hardship to me, but for some of the smaller players who do not have massive ups, could be a potential to help them.

I know when I was starting out (un ascended), it helped me to reduce losses whilst farming i.e goauld special tech

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

Harakash Maha Vishnu wrote:PPTS are taken and 48 hours. The realm change would be protection for as long as your power levels could sustain it.

I do not think that you could use it more then 12 hours, but players that are being massed, could use this to get a breather. When you are phased you know when that person will un-phase, but say you get on line, and see your account being massed/sabbed.

It normally takes me a few mins to get 3-4 windows up to get back. The realm shift could help there for example.

And for players not knowing who massed them, then yes, most big players do not care not who knows they massed BUT for some of those not in the UBER alliances, could potentially, e.g. mass Harchy and he does not know who it was. That would be the advantage for the smaller players to work on to ensure they give some of the bigger accounts a good thrashing whilst staying anoymous.

The tech would need to be controlled to prevent sniper accounts being built but there are means and ways of doing this.

(Just out of this, why do ashrak have invisibility cloaks?, as most system lords would want there enemies to know who had killed them, but it is an advantage).

And for re-animation, yeah a million UU lost I make up easily within a day, no hardship to me, but for some of the smaller players who do not have massive ups, could be a potential to help them.

I know when I was starting out (un ascended), it helped me to reduce losses whilst farming i.e goauld special tech

i like the idea's

but the one u staited above is extremely exploitable someone can just spend loads and loads of naq on the timeshift tech and put it to relam shift when he goes to bed and come off when he's active so u will see it won't be a very good thing lol.

Golden
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!

Return to “Suggestions Archive”