Single Stat Planets

Moderator: Suggestion/Reports Mods

User avatar
Wepwaet
Forum Regular
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:45 pm
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: System Lord
ID: 1926916

Re: Single Stat Planets

Post by Wepwaet » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:55 am

Maybe Forum could add another option for market turns.

*X number of market turns gets you "object Z"
*spending "object Z" gives you a ?1 in 20? chance to combine 2 single stat planets into a new dual (the dual would be the size of the largest planet used, have its stats reset, and you'd only be guaranteed that one of the original stat types would be on the dual)
*if it fails then your just out your "object Z"
*Forum could then sell packets of say "object Z" and merlins on the black market or include a couple in the current supporter packages


Forum has another thing to sell on the black market, people have a chance of converting single stat planets into duals, gambling addicts get a "fix" :lol:
MaYHeM ID:1926916 Feedback
SpoilerShow
Image
Image
Lore wrote:We can not police human stupidity, carelessness, rudeness, or abiquity.
Mordack wrote:You know that your acronym is TOOL, right?
Wakko wrote:[2010-05-14 12:31:36] <LegendaryApophis> See admin, he massed me because he didn't like the update
[2010-05-14 12:31:50] <Wepwaet> no cause we don't like you
[2010-05-14 12:31:54] <adminHere> lol legend
Image
Tell the preening egos to put a sock in it! Vote "None of the above" for Ombudsman now!

User avatar
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Posts: 4042
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 7:42 pm
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

Re: Single Stat Planets

Post by Sarevok » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:02 am

Wepwaet wrote:Forum has another thing to sell on the black market, people have a chance of converting single stat planets into duals, gambling addicts get a "fix" :lol:
:lol:
Wouldn't that just mean moat/all planets would then become duals. Meaning less dual sales on the BM... :shock:
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 3&t=162732
Suggestions, Comments please :)
R8 wrote:TEAM WORK WILL BEAT $$ ANYDAY OF THE WEEK
angel wrote:Except the payday [-X
12agnar0k wrote:Also it's still not a war game, you have att/def weps yes, but you also have uu and UP, does this mean its a sex game, oh no, XRATEDSGW, THIS GAME IS PORN!
Ban AdminShow
<+CABAL> so adminHere, ever thought about playing SGW? :b
<~adminHere> cabal - i do :)
<+CABAL> :o
<+Sarevok> Cabal, look up Jtest ;)
<~adminHere> no -not jtest
<~adminHere> another :) i am a multi ;)
<+Sarevok> :O
* +CABAL screens
<+CABAL> :b
* +Sarevok Ban's Admin

User avatar
Wepwaet
Forum Regular
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:45 pm
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: System Lord
ID: 1926916

Re: Single Stat Planets

Post by Wepwaet » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:08 am

If priced right admin could make more money by selling chances for duals at a smaller price point...

Besides you don't control the end stat types, well not totally.
MaYHeM ID:1926916 Feedback
SpoilerShow
Image
Image
Lore wrote:We can not police human stupidity, carelessness, rudeness, or abiquity.
Mordack wrote:You know that your acronym is TOOL, right?
Wakko wrote:[2010-05-14 12:31:36] <LegendaryApophis> See admin, he massed me because he didn't like the update
[2010-05-14 12:31:50] <Wepwaet> no cause we don't like you
[2010-05-14 12:31:54] <adminHere> lol legend
Image
Tell the preening egos to put a sock in it! Vote "None of the above" for Ombudsman now!

User avatar
Buddha
Forum Irregular
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:22 am
Alliance: A Enlighted Place
Race: Human like you
ID: 0
Location: Farum, Denmark

Re: Single Stat Planets

Post by Buddha » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:12 am

Sarevok wrote:
Nimras wrote:Why should a planet on merlin hiden away so no one can steal it still give you army a breake in the war helping taking your enemy down while hiden so no one can take it and relieve you of the bonus?
Blessings are hidden and no one can really relieve you of the bonus of that

No but blessing is something ALL ascended being has so everyone are even so please stop this poor defense crap thats worthless

Nimras wrote:Yes but back then PLANETS couldn't be merlined ;) that came after the game peaked because a few whiners went to admin saying NOT FAIR we can't protect our planets we want help.
Feb 11, 2007
Planets; Markets/BlackMarket/SS Bonuses; Market Broker; Bank; Security; Ascended Account Vacation/Descension; Turns;
Planets
*1 market turn can be used to generate 3 days of power to a MPDSD.
Planets can use MPDSDs (Merlins Planerary Dimensional Shifting Device) to put them out of this dimensional phase, thereby protecting them from attack. Benefits are still obtained (since you are in control of the device, you can momentarily unphase when required).
To me it looks like it was introduced before the decline. And i just noticed Jason gave a reason why. And it's the same reason shooty08 and myself said

Yay the whiners that are affraid of loosing their planets WON WOW

Nimras wrote:He made Merlin and now everyone hides their best planet away and enjoy that its still helping them when waring.
2 planets? For a maximum of 100% bonus in 2 stats. Good heavens, whatever shale we do.

LOL what shall we do when you don't get the point and can't read?

Nimras wrote:The fact still remains a MS send away doese not help you in a war a planet on merlin should therefore not help you either.
And a vacation ascended account still gives you AB and stat boosts despite NEVER being vulnerable

No it only gives you half of what you had.

So no matter what will your blessing and bonus be halved and then we are back ALL people who ascend are equal in bonus if your on the same ascention lvl again your arguments are faulty and really really poor


Nimras wrote:If you want to use your planet or MS you need to keep them at home and at risk to be destroyed. Thats it.
One gets temporarily crippled for a maximum repair cost of like 3T naq. The other will loose 50% of it's power permanently, and if 2 are taken, the second half may never be seen again

Again i don't give a rats ass beside if you need your planets to function then your a poor player thats for sure.

Look a player who has his planet merlined should be allowed to but the planet should not give 1 single help when waring or anything.

For it to work it should be in the open just like a MS.

The cost is for me worthless as i do not rely on my planets never has and never will yes the bonus is ok but thats pretty much it

User avatar
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Posts: 4042
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 7:42 pm
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

Re: Single Stat Planets

Post by Sarevok » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Nimras wrote:No but blessing is something ALL ascended being has so everyone are even so please stop this poor defense crap thats worthless
And are not planet "something ALL ascended beingplayers hashave so everyone are even"...

Nimras wrote:Yay the whiners that are affraid of loosing their planets WON WOW
Giving rise to the peak player base. Sounds like it was a good thing

Nimras wrote:ALL people who ascend are equal in bonus if your on the same ascention lvl again your arguments are faulty and really really poor
Are not merlins equal for everyone? And so are the planets merlin-able. What is your point exactly? Its not unfair between players.

Nimras wrote:The cost is for me worthless as i do not rely on my planets never has and never will yes the bonus is ok but thats pretty much it
My point here is not about what you think. Its about cost vs effectiveness. To repair a MS is 1/100th the cost to repair a planet for the same power. Thus i personally have no issue
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 3&t=162732
Suggestions, Comments please :)
R8 wrote:TEAM WORK WILL BEAT $$ ANYDAY OF THE WEEK
angel wrote:Except the payday [-X
12agnar0k wrote:Also it's still not a war game, you have att/def weps yes, but you also have uu and UP, does this mean its a sex game, oh no, XRATEDSGW, THIS GAME IS PORN!
Ban AdminShow
<+CABAL> so adminHere, ever thought about playing SGW? :b
<~adminHere> cabal - i do :)
<+CABAL> :o
<+Sarevok> Cabal, look up Jtest ;)
<~adminHere> no -not jtest
<~adminHere> another :) i am a multi ;)
<+Sarevok> :O
* +CABAL screens
<+CABAL> :b
* +Sarevok Ban's Admin

User avatar
Buddha
Forum Irregular
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:22 am
Alliance: A Enlighted Place
Race: Human like you
ID: 0
Location: Farum, Denmark

Re: Single Stat Planets

Post by Buddha » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:46 am

Sarevok wrote:
Nimras wrote:No but blessing is something ALL ascended being has so everyone are even so please stop this poor defense crap thats worthless
And are not planet "something ALL ascended beingplayers hashave so everyone are even"...

Lol yes but everyone is not even if you can hide away a planet without taking it. The fact is what everyone has from ascending can be taken away by descending the person (yes i know ascended is not working and therefore not all can be descended but the fact that you had that option when it worked and still doese on many says it all planets doese not have same benefit)

Nimras wrote:Yay the whiners that are affraid of loosing their planets WON WOW
Giving rise to the peak player base. Sounds like it was a good thing

No it werent because the bigger players are the ones using this to their advantage against the weaker players and we still see it for some reason you seem to afraid to lose your planets are they so important to you?

Nimras wrote:ALL people who ascend are equal in bonus if your on the same ascention lvl again your arguments are faulty and really really poor
Are not merlins equal for everyone? And so are the planets merlin-able. What is your point exactly? Its not unfair between players.

The point is that PLANETS are the only one that you can protect against being stolen and destroyed AND STILL work in combat thats wrong. A MS send away doese not work in combat. A Descended being gets no bonus in combat. Why should a planet then still give bonus so you can hide it away 24/7 and have that advantage thats not right. This Merlin and NOX are 2 updates thats ruining this game among others and everyone knows that.

Nimras wrote:The cost is for me worthless as i do not rely on my planets never has and never will yes the bonus is ok but thats pretty much it
My point here is not about what you think. Its about cost vs effectiveness. To repair a MS is 1/100th the cost to repair a planet for the same power. Thus i personally have no issue

I don't care about the cost i never has i still stand by the fact that a planet on merlin SHOULD not give a BONUS unless that also means YOU can steal the planet. Because thats part of destroying this game.

So far every single argument you have come with are not even worthy of anything sorry but i mean come on your point are faulty.

User avatar
shooty08
Forum Regular
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:00 am
Alliance: The Collective
Race: Hell no, I'm lazy
ID: 1950023

Re: Single Stat Planets

Post by shooty08 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:34 am

I think all of his arguments are pretty sound. I think you refuse to listen to them because you have a terrible bias against them. Merlin either costs you money or market turns. If you don't want to pay, you don't have to. But you shouldn't complain about not getting the reward if you aren't willing to pay the price.
Image
Image

User avatar
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Posts: 4042
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 7:42 pm
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

Re: Single Stat Planets

Post by Sarevok » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:47 pm

Nimras wrote:The fact is what everyone has from ascending can be taken away by descending the person
And the fact is if people miss a PPT or a merlin change, then it can be taken away.

Nimras wrote:No it werent because the bigger players are the ones using this to their advantage against the weaker players and we still see it for some reason you seem to afraid to lose your planets are they so important to you?
Everyone can use it to the same advantage. I fail to see the bias. Yes, some planets are more effective, but that doesn't mean everyone can't do it. And if you call 2 10k up planets and a 75k up planet as important, then yes?

Nimras wrote:The point is that PLANETS are the only one that you can protect against being stolen and destroyed AND STILL work in combat thats wrong. A MS send away doese not work in combat. A Descended being gets no bonus in combat.
And a stolen planet does not work in combat, nor provide a bonus. You have this stance that planets are never takeable, and require little to no effort to protect.
Fact is, you MUST spend 2 MTs/week to hide 2 planets. Which leaves you with 1 MT to get a PPT or AT or something else. And you must add more, or they will run out, and be open for taking.

Nimras wrote:I don't care about the cost i never has i still stand by the fact that a planet on merlin SHOULD not give a BONUS unless that also means YOU can steal the planet. Because thats part of destroying this game.
You CAN steal the planet. You have this idea that planets are not takeable. Again, fact is, you must be at the game whenever a PPT ends or the merlin runs out. If your not, the planet is GONE. The same concept can be applied in ascended. If you don't watch ascended, you get de-ascended and loose the bonus. But if you are watchful, you won't loose the bonus, as it's to easy to protect.
Planets are the same, if your careful and watchful, they are like the blessing, never takeable, and always in effect. If you get lazy or sloppy, then you can kiss them goodbye.

Nimras wrote:So far every single argument you have come with are not even worthy of anything sorry but i mean come on your point are faulty.
You haven't exactly been providing any point beyond "The planets aren't takeable if merlined, fix it". Sure you brought up that its out of phase, so shouldn't be able to affect the un-phased realm. But as was pointed out in the update notes, you can turn the phase on and off. Just like a torch. If you don't add new batteries (merlins) then the battery goes flat (planet drops merlin) and you can't see (the planet can be taken). And you can turn the torch on and off (phase in and out) to suit your conditions (provide support)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 3&t=162732
Suggestions, Comments please :)
R8 wrote:TEAM WORK WILL BEAT $$ ANYDAY OF THE WEEK
angel wrote:Except the payday [-X
12agnar0k wrote:Also it's still not a war game, you have att/def weps yes, but you also have uu and UP, does this mean its a sex game, oh no, XRATEDSGW, THIS GAME IS PORN!
Ban AdminShow
<+CABAL> so adminHere, ever thought about playing SGW? :b
<~adminHere> cabal - i do :)
<+CABAL> :o
<+Sarevok> Cabal, look up Jtest ;)
<~adminHere> no -not jtest
<~adminHere> another :) i am a multi ;)
<+Sarevok> :O
* +CABAL screens
<+CABAL> :b
* +Sarevok Ban's Admin

User avatar
Buddha
Forum Irregular
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:22 am
Alliance: A Enlighted Place
Race: Human like you
ID: 0
Location: Farum, Denmark

Re: Single Stat Planets

Post by Buddha » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:59 pm

shooty08 wrote:I think all of his arguments are pretty sound. I think you refuse to listen to them because you have a terrible bias against them. Merlin either costs you money or market turns. If you don't want to pay, you don't have to. But you shouldn't complain about not getting the reward if you aren't willing to pay the price.


M8 his arguments are not sound he is trying to make the planets even stronger.

When the fact is planets are to strong and that you can hide them on merlin where no one can take them and still use the planets makes it wrong.

Plus the fact You have 178 days of MPDSD power stored.. and growing just by ascending ;).

I never used Merlins and i never will because i do not rely on planets to take down anyone and i never wanna rely on them you will see what happens to those who rely on them they keep their planets on merlin in fear of getting them stolen. How is that fair that they keep them on merlin 24/7 while the planets make sure they loose alot less in a fight against others when everything else can be destroyede from your account but those planets.

Now its not the right way nor is it the best way thats for sure.

Merlin is part of the reason this game is going down.

Sarevok I saw your answer i am just to tired to answer you today sorry i answer tomorrow when i wake up ;).

Locked

Return to “Suggestions Archive”