Limit At's usage

Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Re: Limit At's usage

Duderanch wrote:I don't like it simply because you have to be active and off PPT to get any kind of decent farming in. For people who spend 10-15k AT's farming 3days a week and then PPT the rest their game is screwed.

actually that minorance of heavy farmers are screwing the game , my basis is 5k/day so im included
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person

MEZZANINE wrote:
Tek wrote:the one big problem i see in this is that once you use your daily allowance theres nothing left to do with the game?

I dont see the merits in a feature which effectively cuts short your playing time involuntarily.

As already stated it stops the single person with the biggest account doing all the fighting in a war situation while the lesser accounts do nothing.

The fatigue meter version had no daily limit but would have worked like the nox meter so after a large number of attacks in a short period of time you would have to wait for the meter to wind back down while the attacking men recuperate.

i think origins had this implemented when i actually played it and i hated it for the fact that it stopped me playing when i wanted to play.

For example if it works like origins did, the fatigue dropped by the turn. So if i have a spare couple of hours the fatigue meter gets full in the first half hour and the next hour and half were spent trying to pick targets carefully so as to get the most from my playing time. In the pro column its a more strategic way to farm, in the con column it was immensely frustrating to not be able to actually play the game when i had the time to play it.

It has its merits of course, you drive the turn prices down (which i guess is all relative to if you buy/sell) and you increase the naq readily available on the server. Of course that in itself is relative to the fact that you have less ability to actually take the naq. And as you suggest it would promote team work and eliminate over reliance on the heavy hitters in alliances.

Also, has war changed so much in my absence that massing can be done without the farming to sustain a prolonged conflict? I couldnt imagine going to war and being restricted to a certain amount of turns beyond what my farming could afford as i always funded it with aggressive farming
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com
Buddha
Forum Irregular
Alliance: A Enlighted Place
Race: Human like you

I say do a featuige meter instead.

Because the turns are killing this game.

Make it so every action take some fatuige when you run out you can't do anything else that day.

this way tactics come back and the game gets some life.

Its about time tactics and how we play get better.

This i can mass everyone when i want because i have "unlimited" turns is over the top.

Also remove NOX is has no merrit but to hite behind like some scared chicken.
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

BUMP

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

I do not agree with this thread LOL. Another Idea to tip the balance of power aside from actually doing the things necessarry to tip the scales..game mechanics is a cheap way to say "your gun is bigger than mine and you cant use it anymore" Please LOL

edit..allot of things need to change for this to be viable.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Buddha
Forum Irregular

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Nimras wrote:I say do a featuige meter instead.

that was awful in origins.

restricting the use of AT for farming/raiding will accomplish two things

1 - the top accounts will stay there, if we can't farm excessively to catch up how can we ever hope to?

2 - cash spending is going to increase because of my first point.

Limiting the use of turns is fine and dandy when you have a nice account already, but it **Filtered** over everyone else.

Tekki wrote:If we really wanted this idea, maybe limit the AT useage against a person per day. So that for example you can use 2k ats against one person per day or something.

i don't think limiting it strictly to 2k a day would be good since it limits the growth of some accounts. Okay for the big accounts it won't make a difference but for someone still trying to grow it would.

I like this

Duderanch wrote:I don't like it simply because you have to be active and off PPT to get any kind of decent farming in. For people who spend 10-15k AT's farming 3days a week and then PPT the rest their game is screwed.

and I agree with this, as I fit into that bracket myself.

Well we need to do something as if the "unlimited" turns stays this game will die.

Jedi~Tank wrote:I do not agree with this thread LOL. Another Idea to tip the balance of power aside from actually doing the things necessarry to tip the scales..game mechanics is a cheap way to say "your gun is bigger than mine and you cant use it anymore" Please LOL

edit..allot of things need to change for this to be viable.

JT no i know you do not like the idea that you can mass everyone you want when you want constantly because you all of suddent need to think about usage of turns as you can't do it unlimited but its about time its done.
Tek
Forum Elite

Nim you seem like your talking about the game several months ago.

I see neither unlimited turns nor snipers in a position to go one vs the many. Its not been eradicated but turn prices have inflated, sellers have decreased, and defences have now become the primary (if secondary probably only to covert) stat when online. Alliance repair/ PPT has also hindered the sniper.

Turns are not whats wrong with this game. I still think limiting the times when a player can and can't play is disastrous. Origins turned me right off because it dictated when i played. No thanks.

A 2k limit against a person is okay if your the underdog against the onslaught, but i remember blowing K's of turns in online fights Vs A single opponent. Im pretty sure im not the only one?

War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Basically what these people want is for the rest of us to play at thier pace..I say STOP trying to bring down the top dogs and rise your asses off the ground to meet them.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Jedi~Tank wrote:Basically what these people want is for the rest of us to play at thier pace..I say STOP trying to bring down the top dogs and rise your asses off the ground to meet them.

Thats not whats it's about at all, it's about single players being able to mass entire alliances in one surprise attack, it's about the single strongest account in an alliance doing all the fighting for that entire alliance instead of the alliance fighting together as a team, it's about $$ players simply buying unlimited ATs to burn. I wonder why you dont like it ?

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Tek
Forum Elite

Ah so the unlimited ATs is about ££ spenders?

Well, if someone has the disposable income, then yes then it's unlimited.

I can see the merits in this regard, to having a max amount of turns used on one account by another. Would force team work.

War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

it wont force teamwork, it will make the hyper player down to the level of a casual player and a casual player down to the level of the hardly plays at all player etc etc etc. If you cap turns usage then cap stats as well IMO

Deni
Tek
Forum Elite

Well in an attempt to see both sides of the coin, if a player has built his account to the point they can carry an alliance then it should be commended not condemned.

However you can't please both camps, and there will always be players with more time/dedication/money then the opponent and like SS says you can only hope to make the playing field as even for both sides as possible without punishing those who truly work for it.

In other words i have no idea. I say Hell to the N-izz-O to fatigue counters :-k

War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Uusally things like this come up when one party is getting dominated by another and all they can do is hold on for dear life..changing game mechanics to suit the ones recieving the pain is not a fair answer..before we start capping things lets get the ratio's set better and a scoring system to where a winner can be declared and do it in a proper manner. I can eloborate but would like to make a few more notes before I follow this up.

Deni
Buddha
Forum Irregular

Tek wrote:Nim you seem like your talking about the game several months ago.

I see neither unlimited turns nor snipers in a position to go one vs the many. Its not been eradicated but turn prices have inflated, sellers have decreased, and defences have now become the primary (if secondary probably only to covert) stat when online. Alliance repair/ PPT has also hindered the sniper.

Turns are not whats wrong with this game. I still think limiting the times when a player can and can't play is disastrous. Origins turned me right off because it dictated when i played. No thanks.

A 2k limit against a person is okay if your the underdog against the onslaught, but i remember blowing K's of turns in online fights Vs A single opponent. Im pretty sure im not the only one?

M8 i know players with only ingame resources getting 100k turns at ease still.

I know players who use $$ to get 100k turns with ease.

This game is being destroyed with the fact there is almost a UNLIMITED amount of turns for people.

The fact it takes no tactic anymore to play this game.

Hell i could rebuild my account from ascending to what ever i needed get the turns and then start massing the entire server and the amount of turns i need would be easy to get if i wanted.

Thats the fact.

Yes it is a problem that if you want you can do what ever you want in this game because the turns you need is there still.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

yes and its best to have a limit, but as JT mentioned there is a problem wit game mech atm.
it cost to mass and ppl heavy farm to afford it. on the other hand if they dont they are prey of $ players , thats the glitch
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259

Return to “Suggestions Archive”