[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Adopt a noobie!

Basically this really involves the GC

Each Player who wants to takes a newbie under their wing, and protects them and shows them the ropes for 3-6 months until that person knows what they are doing.

Have a specific section of the forum made for applicants to apply for a mentor

Awards can be determined but would need to be highly maintained by feed back and goals achieved in game

Just my 2c and adaption on a legends idea

[spoiler=Original post Disclaimer]
buck wrote:Adopt a Newbie. Each Player who wants to takes a newbie under there wing, and protects them and shows them the ropes for 3-6 months until that person knows what they are doing.

Have jason send a link in an e-mail/ Ingame PM to all new people to a specific place on the forum where they can find themselves a "protector" (The established players would have to adhere to a set of rules that could be made later, such as respectful conversation ability and so on) . Then we would get every major alliance ingame to agree that for the best interests of the game these new players should be dealt with impartially and so if they happen to hit the wrong person once or twice, or happen to lose there rag due to being so far behind and so on, there consequences would not be "quit game threatening" . For offering there services and to increase membership, the established players who are looking after the newbs would be given a yearly Gift, Such as an extra planet slot, or a lump sum of naq , or an extra MS tech level, the possibilities are pretty endless.

Now if you are all that concerned you will go about improveing that idea and implimenting it.

Problem Solved, we can all stop complaining and start solutioning! :-D
[/spoiler]
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Re: Adopt a noobie!

NB : This idea comes from the concern many GateWars players have that too many new players come into the game, get beaten up or see its going to be very hard to do well and just give up and leave, meaning the blood pool is less and less. We all know the game membership has dropped a few hundred in recent years, and as such we think this is a good place to start, by Constructing a way forward, not just complaining. Of course it would involve jason himself, as we would need an e-mail/Ingame PM system in place for all new accounts telling them about this service. So an Auto E-mail, A new forum section, and a whole lot of love from all the big alliances and players, is all that we need.

Afterall, the more players, the better the game!
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

i bet my noobies will kick everyones elses noobies ass :-D

good idea
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

why not make it that new players immediatly upon joining get subscribed to someone in top say 2000 ranks as a officer and cant be dismissed for 4 months or sumthing :-k

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

some people in top 2k ranks are **Filtered** at the game... they also might not want to give up their income for the miniscule UP. not everyone is a kind person in this game remember. and it would be harsh on the nooby if they get some *Filtered*, or someone who would get them massed constantly through war. wouldnt really hit the goal of keeping them in the game...
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave
ID: 0

*haha makes 900 multites and checks the dropped incomes + complaining* :)

that would make 2k ranks a non desired place :smt047 :smt047 :smt047
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!

Return to “Suggestions Archive”