Realms ....

noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Realms ....

An idea to help newer players survive and restrain the old.

Add an extra realm, something like Elites.

Thus you will have

Pergatory
Regulars
Elites

Perhaps based on certain levels in combination with experience, you will get the chane to enter the Elites realm. Once in Elites, you cant go back.

Just an idea which could do with a lot of adaption ....
But its an approach which extends a currently known and used concept. Realms.
Last edited by noone on Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

Re: Realms ....

anyopne that goes to elites would then lose out on their farms? or would you want some kind of limit on the amount of turns you can use on someone from the other realm...
noone
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Belinsker wrote:anyopne that goes to elites would then lose out on their farms? or would you want some kind of limit on the amount of turns you can use on someone from the other realm...

hmmm, feasable idea.

But I guess it would be a matter of time before enough potential farms have entered the Elites realm.
Because, most of the good farms, were once decent players.

In the beginning farming would be less profitable, but given time, it would be more like the current normal realm.
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

plus what happens when RL bites?

I think it would be better to limit the size and/or power ratios, something similar to Ascended.. after all raiding is limited to an extent why not massing/farming/sabbing?
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
noone
Forum Elite

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:plus what happens when RL bites?

I think it would be better to limit the size and/or power ratios, something similar to Ascended.. after all raiding is limited to an extent why not massing/farming/sabbing?

Then one becomes a new farm if they dont vacation.

The second bit is not in discussion for this thread, perhaps create a new one for that suggestion.
kojak
The Voice of Reason
Alliance: The Dark Dominuim
Race: Scottish
ID: 88279
Alternate name(s): Brucey

I think Perg is perfect for newer players. But most of all just try main stay away from trouble and farm like mad. Thats how I started, I remember when 4bill hit was amazing lol..

Koji.
noone
Forum Elite

John D. Rockefeller wrote:I don't see the incentive of going to a realm where there (for a good long while) will not be many players and then not having the option to return...

Perhaps, when having certain stats and ranks (ME included) you are forced there.
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

John D. Rockefeller wrote:
Nostra wrote:
John D. Rockefeller wrote:I don't see the incentive of going to a realm where there (for a good long while) will not be many players and then not having the option to return...

Perhaps, when having certain stats and ranks (ME included) you are forced there.

And what if for a while the bulk of the people forced there, for example, are DDE, MH, Ricos, TL, and OE? All of whom I believe are NAP'd...

DOG EAT DOG LMAO rest of us live in peace :smt047 :smt047 :smt047

and wait out til they all die off :-D :-D :-D :-D
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
noone
Forum Elite

John D. Rockefeller wrote:
Nostra wrote:

And what if for a while the bulk of the people forced there, for example, are DDE, MH, Ricos, TL, and OE? All of whom I believe are NAP'd...

Perhaps then, comes a time to review relations :)

Hmm, this does force larger empires to take a close look at what they want to do with the game and their NAPs.

Apart from most likely downsides, this could also be seen as an upside.

GOLDEN WING wrote:
DOG EAT DOG LMAO rest of us live in peace :smt047 :smt047 :smt047

and wait out til they all die off :-D :-D :-D :-D

And if they did, and you are in the regular realm, it wouldnt matter.

'Well, we could ask for a special PEACE realm for you, were fighting is forbidden :smt058
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

I think exactly what you just said SS that would be the profit, the big players instead of being bullies can actually war each other, give enough peace to any of the ones you just mentioned and they will war each other and the smaller players would catch up as we'd have more farms, I think personally this is one of the best ideas i've ever heard

*1 it slows down dollar spending as raid cap can't raid inactives here
*2 it seperates the big dogs from the smaller playes catching up
*3 it does exactly what we've been looking for, it allows bigger players a smaller gap, and the smaller players a bigger gap to catch up to the bigger players

Nostra you sir are a genious
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
~Massin4Christ~
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord

Id like it for 1 reason, if the elite realm didnt have plague...

But... If your over plague you cannot return to the normal realm..
Spoiler
VeNoM56k
Forum Expert
Race: Demon Lord
ID: 1905994

we dont need it. we have perg for new players, another realm would just split the game more. its not needed imo.
Drink till you can't drink anymore, then drink some more

Click Here For My
Trade Feedback

Return to “Suggestions Archive”