limit on ppt after vac -canceled

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

limit on ppt after vac -canceled

it has come to our attention that some people are using ppt after vacation as a tool to have almost constant PPT / vacation and as a result are not held responsible for their actions during playing time...
This will stop.
The change will be to limit PPT (including alliance PPT) to not take effect until 24hours AFTER coming off vacation.
This change will be going in shortly.
Don't make me use this!!!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: limit on ppt after vac

=D> Excellent.
imptastic
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): imp

yay!
NEW ACCOUNT !!! ID 1943869

Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 -AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE -
TUS - TUN - TUK

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=178145
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok i got a bit wider feedback (from regular vacationers for legit reasons) and will tone this down a touch: will be no alliance ppt within 24hours of being on vacation. Other ppt will work (for now).
will see how this goes, and can adjust as needed...
Don't make me use this!!!
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Alliance PPT seemed to be the root cause of the problem not vacation mode.
It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Making it so you cant use Alliance PPT when you come off vacation mode is a better solution.

People need to work away from home and or study etc...

The more complicated rules become the less user friendly the game becomes.

See the debate at viewtopic.php?f=13&t=179024
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DeathIncarnator
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TÅÅE
ID: 0

If its not broken dont fix it.

Its a game feature and works the same for everyone.

I recently had a member accidentally exit vacmode. We used alliance PPTs and passive defence for 24 hours to buy him enough time so he could re-vac .
It wasnt easy and was very expensive for his account but even more expensive for those who unsuccessfully tryed to mass him.

He would have been 100% screwed if this screwball notion goes through.

DON`T EVEN CONSIDER DOING IT.

Thanks to Norbe for the sig.
You rock!
I like REK
DeathIncarnator TÅÅE I walk among you.

Bebita wrote this and it made me laugh out loud so thanks for that Bebita. :)
"fun :)
there is nothing more funny then the clones
u should go to holywood" :)

Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

this updates are making game unreal jsut to fit admin goal so all resources can get wiped

u better go remove that repair and alliance ppt at all coz thsoe are being abused as hell

scenario: u build 20t strike and farm when u ve repair at 1T then use alliance repair at a 4b cost m same when u mass using 20t.

alliance ppt is also used to cover ppl not even being around..

jason better play this game a bit cuz it ll end up u and those who whisper at yr ears playing.

im having enough of these suddenly changes.

why i cant hit PPT after returning from 5 days off work out city ?????

it ll be EXPLOITED as the day u drop Vacation u are exposed to be MASSED , not able to use protection or any other feature of the game.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
Race: System Lord
ID: 102298

why just limited PPT? Why not Removing it for good?
REMOVE ALLIANCE PPT and User PPT. Put back Ratio of At's that you can buy using Market Turn.
And Let's see, if someone will build Stuff if it wasn't for PPT. let's see how many >5T defenses in main will be up. :D

i know PPT - it's the trick that brings $$$ to admin, but in the end, it's all about fun, not about greedy. :smt021

Also, rising TOC to that high, didn't you make users be descended in 7.5 h? So why PPT for 4 days/week in main and only 7.5 protection /Descensions in Ascended?
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

HgE wrote:Also, rising TOC to that high, didn't you make users be descended in 7.5 h? So why PPT for 4 days/week in main and only 7.5 protection /Descensions in Ascended?

was about just to point it out , now u should not sleep and u ve to login b4 u go at work. lol
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

HgE wrote:why just limited PPT? Why not Removing it for good?
REMOVE ALLIANCE PPT and User PPT. Put back Ratio of At's that you can buy using Market Turn.
And Let's see, if someone will build Stuff if it wasn't for PPT. let's see how many >5T defenses in main will be up. :D

i know PPT - it's the trick that brings $$$ to admin, but in the end, it's all about fun, not about greedy. :smt021

Also, rising TOC to that high, didn't you make users be descended in 7.5 h? So why PPT for 4 days/week in main and only 7.5 protection /Descensions in Ascended?
Wow... that is.. an insanely terrible idea.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
Race: System Lord
ID: 102298

Túrin Turambar wrote:
HgE wrote:why just limited PPT? Why not Removing it for good?

Wow... that is.. an insanely terrible idea.

Well we aren't in this show called Insane UPDATES? So, why shouldn't gave the Right /Insane IDEAS to ADMINs. :D
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Why leave regular PPT and take away alliance ppt? LOL..Take away PPT PERIOD 24 hours after coming off vac!!! JUST LOL..alliance ppt is not the root cause as the ppt right after vac will be exploited even more..just LOL

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

24 hrs after vac before you can do either is the point.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

if ppl are exploiting it, maybe limit number of times ppl can vac or raising the min vac time.

also can someone clarify about coming off vac... I was told yesterday that you can set for 10days but still be on vac indefinately if you don't log in.

I thought you came off vac as soon as the amount of days you set for came up... (I always set for 99 days to be sure)
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Tekki
Forum Addict

The minimum vac time does not need to be raised. The problem is coming from the other PPT sources that are available - black market, alliance PPT.

And yes, you should be able to enter 3 days VAC and be on it for however long you want. The time you enter actually has no impact on the time you are on vacation.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Suggestions Archive”