I challenge the Mods, to debate

Skunky
Forum Elder
Alliance: EPA
Race: NanoTiSkunk
ID: 34220

I challenge the Mods, to debate

Hey all, and welcome to the Mods Vs Skunk Debate!

I hope i am allowed to do this, but i am challenging the Mods to a good old debate, like a 1 vs 1 but any Mod can join in :D

So the question is, should the word Anus be in the word filter?

Out of curticy i will let my fellow competitors take the first plunge into the long pool of pooliness :-D

Basically i am just bored, and thought instead of spamming just wanting to get all the points about this into one section. instead of scrolling through forum where i wont find a thing and then get bored and spam more, :D

I know why the word is in the word filter, but i would just like to see the other points that back this up,

Have fun, don't take this personal though, i would just like to see what happens :lol:

besides, Tok`ra's gone, someone has to hold the nazi's accountable
;)
Last edited by Skunky on Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Replicator/NanoTiMaster Mod Colour
Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

Re: I challenge the Mods, to debate

Lol well just before we debate you should take this to the admins not the mods as they decide what goes and do not goes into that filter.

So for us saying we agree or disagree or even debate it would be waste of our time but i gladly humor you :)
Skunky
Forum Elder
Alliance: EPA
Race: NanoTiSkunk
ID: 34220

Nimras wrote:Lol well just before we debate you should take this to the admins not the mods as they decide what goes and do not goes into that filter.

So for us saying we agree or disagree or even debate it would be waste of our time but i gladly humor you :)

:lol: Its just for a bit of humor :) i live to please

Replicator/NanoTiMaster Mod Colour
Apadamek
Forum Expert
Alliance: Cloud HVE
Race: System Lord
ID: 1981768

because we hate all members.

newahahaha *twirls mustache*
Image << Trader Feedback
Questions about the stock market, watches or betting on sports? Click the sig above!
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

The question you should be asking, is why certain unobvious words are filtered...and certain obvious ones...which i will not post...arnt....

:shock:
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

You can always say rectum, which is a very close friend of our censored word.

It's much more fun than saying anus. Let's talk about Uranus.

This DOES raise a question, though. Why censor a part of one's anatomy that you should be using everyday? Like, if you aren't using it everyday, there's a problem and you should be made aware of it. Censorship like this is obviously counterproductive.
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
weilandsmith
Forum Elder
Race: Asgard
ID: 1994771

Agapooka wrote:You can always say rectum, which is a very close friend of our censored word.

It's much more fun than saying anus. Let's talk about Uranus.

This DOES raise a question, though. Why censor a part of one's anatomy that you should be using everyday? Like, if you aren't using it everyday, there's a problem and you should be made aware of it. Censorship like this is obviously counterproductive.

It's also part of some pleasurable athletic activity, thus the censorship. There are children playing.
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

Fingers can also be a part of a pleasurable, athletic activity. Heck, so can the mouth.

My only point is that this alone does not substantiate the censorship of the word "anus". I believe that in circumstances vital to the continued salubrity of Stargate Wars players, the usage of such terminology is not only warranted, but it is the responsibility of each and every member, whose duties as humane citizens of this world require it.

If a person is not aware that a lack of bowel movements poses a threat to his or her health, it is self-evident that this individual would stand to benefit from anal awareness information. If the general public's usage of the word is to be censored, out of fear that their intentions for its use are not congruent with the community's ideals and the requirements imposed by the presence of minors, it is this community's government's responsibility to provide brochures on the matter, lest they be faced with lawsuits.
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.

weilandsmith
Forum Elder
Race: Asgard
ID: 1994771

:lol: if your push to have the word unfiltered in the forums, then the mods must be on hand and interpret any and all posts made with those words. it will be the mods' discretion to interpret the whole post in relation to the word and conclude if any innuendo is intended or not. by virtue of human nature, you can't expect regular users to moderate or moralize themselves.
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

Note how the word "anal" wasn't even censored (I seem to have to use magic underlining techniques to use normally censored words, by the way). The administration is clearly with clashing views. I would go as far as to say that this is a double standard.

How can the forum be so corrupt as to allow such a fallacy? Next thing they'll be sending people to death camps! We need an insurrection.

If you (pl.) can't see the irony and sarcasm, you should die a slow, painful death. Preferably of leprosy.

GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Interesting.

It does beg the question of favouritism and certainly alludes to one or two things. For instance, where would a forum be without the word "member"?

I find myself wondering if the word vagina can be used. If so it would seem perfectly acceptable for a member to use vagina but unacceptable for a member to use anus, from an administrative point of view.

So, in the proper fashion, i'll summerise my "two cents" - in the Gate Wars Community it is common practice to administrate the use of anus by members but considers the vagina impartial where administration of members is concerned.

Good point, well raised.

-Goo™
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**

Return to “Official league, judged, debates”