Parralel universe

Deaths_Rider
Forum Regular

Parralel universe

ok so me and ashu are going to have a serious(ish) debate he sugested parralel universes so the debate will be

"Conservation of energy is grossly violated if every instant infinite amounts of new matter are generated as speculated by the many worlds theory."

standed three posts each judged by whoever cares enough to post once we finish ashu can pick pro or neg and go first it will finish when it finishes i'll try to post a response daily but may get busy good luck and lets go
Flow with it

Death is not the end but only the begining
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Re: Parralel universe

I'm gonna have to be on the neg side there...The amount of dark matter created in order to sustain a newly born universe is 0.Parallel universes are self suficient through the sequential frequencies that creat it.Its like a bubble of matter that keeps expanding.Energy and matter allready exist as part of the enviroment.Light is the only thing that make this and just about every universe expand(certain unniverses can exist without light).

I hope this is a good argument for starters and await the judgement of Semper and Universe! :D
Bias Admin colour
Deaths_Rider
Forum Regular

ok by sequential frequencys i'm assuming you refering to the idea that the partical wave function is in fact a real thing and the partical is imaginary as opposed to the currently held real particle imaginary function. while impossible to prove(for now) a real partical is much more likely as wave partical duality shows waves may not even exist but rather just particles and our thinking that the two are different is the wrong assumption.

as for dark matter there is currently a PHD student who is close to disproving it's existance without breaking a single law of physics just by re-examing the supossed starting conditions of the universe

as for the universe expanding. and i would like to keep to our universe (as "certian" universes are purely theortical. a theroy based on therorical assumptions which are based real assumption far too much assuming and theroy there to take seriously for now) while it is expaning it is also becoming less dense so no problem with conservation of matter or energy which are the same thing but in different form.

if you assume parralell universes can suddenly appear all of a sudden energy is created this is a gross violation of conservation of energy which states energy can be niether created or destroyed so such instant branching universes if you will are uterly against the laws of physics.
Flow with it

Death is not the end but only the begining
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

*Is aware and reading*
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Sorry guys i was really busy as Easter for me was just a day ago.I'll post when i can...
Bias Admin colour
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
ID: 0
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

I would like to ask this:

Which do you consider to be the older, the laws of physics or the matters which it claims to describe?

I know what i am doing is considered a little rude in debating circles but i rarely play by the rules so i'm going to go right ahead and say it. It's my belief that empirical methodology has begun to forget it's fundamental difference to experimental methodology.

That said, i would consider the newer "systemic" sciences which are becoming ever popular. The arguments here seem very reductionistic. It's perfectly acceptable to say that in our universe energy cannot be created or destroyed but we have no real idea of what that actually means! Let's be pedantic for a moment, for grins if nothing else, and assume that the entire universe as we know it was once a cell-like something containing a bunch of code for a program. At this stage the program had no reader and was essentially nonsense. Everything that was not this nonsense was "other" and one property of the other was an innate probability. This probability was a fuzzy "other than nonsense" which was able to read the nonsense. As soon as the probability arose the fuzzy something made sense of the nonsense and everything which was written in the program began coming into being, relentlessly.

Where was the energy? I believe the energy was not in the program. I believe it was in the fuzzy probability. We could possibly call it light. The metaphor, of course, is as old as ages themselves - to shed light on a matter brings it into a clearer view!

Sorry, i know, i've always been a polemicist.

The Law of Conservation can only tell you that the universe has no end and no beginning, it can only ever transform from one state to another. Before our current state of being the energy was still there, then. So, energy can take the form of anything, everything and even nothing. Sartre quite rightly points out that a HUGE amount of "being" is used up in nothingness. What he is saying, basically, is that we as beings constantly ask ourselves questions which can only ever be answered in terms of negation.

"M.Laporte says that an abstraction is made when something not capable of existing in isolation is thought of as in an isolated state."
-Sartre, Being and Nothingness

A simpler example is the question "is Vic here?". You are going to the pub to meet your friend Vic. You arrive at the pub, the place designated as the-place-where-Vic-will-be and at the precise time designated as the-time-Vic-will-be-in-the-place-where-Vic-will-be. These two very deterministic states are being heavily relied upon for this meeting, yes? However, on arriving at the pub you face those two laws and ask them the question, "is Vic here?". Why did the question arise? We've come to an indeterministic state. The process which follows is essential to our current paradigm. What happens is thus - you begin to scan the laws and nihilate every inch of them until nothing is left and you realise "No". Vic is not here. For unimportant reasons he has disobeyed the laws and brought the whole experience into question. During the process of discerning this you negated every possible state of being in the room. You looked into the face of every last person and, with scant regard for their laws and their apparently deterministic states, you nihilated every last one of them with impunity in order to deduce your answer.

It is my belief that, in matters as deep as this, we should be very careful about how we treat the being when asking it for answers of such importance.

-Goo™
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**

Return to “Official league, judged, debates”