Debate Ideas

semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Re: Debate Ideas

whether phlamingoe is male or female is a no-no. The judges discussed that from the outset that any 'silly' 'spam' debates like that would be moved right to spam.

Consoles vs PC, and Ipod's vs MP3's, and Imac's Vs Microsoft. I think were all good with. :-D
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
duke iron
Forum Expert
Race: Asgard

yep

You tread the knife's edge of oblivion.
Last edited by Osi on Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam
Osi
Forum Addict

Duke contribute to the topic or refrain from posting, You spammed the Team thread, and I'm not liking the looks of this. Keep it up and I'll talk to Semper about having your permissions within this section denied. I give second chances, but not thirds.

By my own hand,
The Prophet of Truth
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Let me make this perfectly clear. One of the reasons this has been set up is to keep me AWAY from Tok'ra. He has been banned, and shall remain such until smooshable see's fit to do else. There are also GOOD reasons he has been banned.

No debate will ever take place regarding Tok'ra or any other named member of the forum.

It was also a 2-1 vote from the judges to keep him completely away from the debate temple purely because of his inability to follow rules that he has demonstrated on far to many an occasion.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Myseri
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Pond
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 15959

Is religion still a part of politics?

Should marriage be taken out of the government's hands?

Caffeine become an illegal drug as it is an addictive drug?

Legalizing Mary J?

Rock vs Metal?

Gas Prices?

Should you follow blindly or question authority?

There are a few more that my friend and I were talkin' about but can't remember him... I'll ask him later about them :P
Angelos.
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Zero Requiem
Race: Tollan
ID: 1949510

Do humans have free will?

Does God exist?

Creationist Theory

Sex before marriage perhaps :/

lol i've got plenty more...all religious though, i've got 3 years of practice for debating about this issues :D
Nick: Suzaku Kururugi
ID: 1949510
Fear Of The Duck
Forum Zombie

Jack wrote:Who brought up Tok`ra?

i did. just to add some spice to this place (like hot chilli + tobasco + more chilli... but mods of this place aren't big fans of mexican cuisine ;) )

Angelos. wrote:Does God exist?
Creationist Theory

these cannot be proven or disproven, so any debates are pointless waste of time, money and other resources.
Osi
Forum Addict

Corran contribute to the thread, or don't post. You tread the knife's edge of oblivion and I'd had to see you topple off the end.

By my own hand,
The Prophet of Truth
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
loki
Forum Irregular
Alliance: the fizzle
Race: human-ish grey alien
Location: over here.... not there to the left..... my left..... not behind the tree..... never mind

is the patriot act constitushinal? :?

this woulb be gud debate topic
"if there is no war there cannot be peace" a very wise man i once knew

ImageImageImage
Tyber Zann
JUAN's Successor, Buck's Inheritor, Semper's mailed fist
Alternate name(s): Tyber Zann, tom twin

I take it thats American as I've never heard of it before.

Feel free to start up your own debates with friends or others. Just pm the judges when wanting to be marked (also check rules)
Help find my old Tyber Zann sigs :(
loki
Forum Irregular
Alliance: the fizzle
Race: human-ish grey alien
Location: over here.... not there to the left..... my left..... not behind the tree..... never mind

another good topic would be elite vs brute in a fist fight :shock:
"if there is no war there cannot be peace" a very wise man i once knew

ImageImageImage
duke iron
Forum Expert

stupid person with smart ideas!!??? that is the stupidest idea i have ever heard the brute is like a space gorilla it would obviously win

Then why did the Elites win the Covenant civil war?

You've fallen off the knife's edge and are tumbling at terminal velocity towards oblivion. In my opinion that is a bad thing.
Last edited by duke iron on Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyber Zann
JUAN's Successor, Buck's Inheritor, Semper's mailed fist
Alternate name(s): Tyber Zann, tom twin

Duke your getting too loud for your own good. This is a suggestions thread, not a dump on peoples ideas thread.

If you have nothing nice or constructive to say, dont say it at all.

TT
Help find my old Tyber Zann sigs :(
duke iron
Forum Expert

srry i will keep it to myself next time
Fear Of The Duck
Forum Zombie

Im sorry. Prophet of truth is a mod of this section of the forum. He is not up for scrutiny from you. If you have a problem with his modding, pm him, or take it up with our boss. Answering back a mod, trying to argue and cause problems in public may be tolerated elsewhere, but it wont be in this part of the forum. We are always happy to listen, but doing it in public is a BIG NO NO.

*points to pm button.

There ya go. :-D

~ **EDITED**

Semper

Return to “Official league, judged, debates”