Debate Ideas

Rottenking
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 82082

Re: Debate Ideas

should euthanasia be legalized?

is 21 a better legal drinking age than 18?

should Australia become republic?

just a few i thought of
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
- Harry S Truman
Phoenix of Terra
Forum Zombie
Alliance: ex-TSA
Race: Troll
ID: 12371123

Aussies, help me out. If Australia isn't a republic, what is it?
My name is red because I'm one of the few Tok`ra. Your questions have now been answered.
Pimping D wrote:if this game has made you cry please delete your account and get a life
Prophet of Truth wrote:You are an impediment that the universe can no longer abide. Nature itself cries out for your destruction...
The Phoenix Awards!
Rottenking
Forum Expert

Phoenix of Terra wrote:Aussies, help me out. If Australia isn't a republic, what is it?

it is apart of the crown.
in other words. when new laws are passed they have to be signed by our "gouverner general" which pretty much signs on behalf of the queen.

if we were to become a republic we would have a president not a prime minister.

also we would have to get a new flag, and new national anthem.
- Harry S Truman
avdk6
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: YggDrasil
Race: Ancient
ID: 19808

What we Aussies are is a Constitutional Monarchy, with the Governor General as the Head of State on the behalf of the Queen. Just out of interest Rotten, do you think we should become a Republic?
Rottenking
Forum Expert

avdk6 wrote:What we Aussies are is a Constitutional Monarchy, with the Governor General as the Head of State on the behalf of the Queen. Just out of interest Rotten, do you think we should become a Republic?

im a bit iffy on the subject.
i can see why its a good idea. but i can also see were remaining part of the commonwealth is a good idea
- Harry S Truman
Phoenix of Terra
Forum Zombie
Alliance: ex-TSA
Race: Troll
ID: 12371123

Rottenking wrote:
avdk6 wrote:What we Aussies are is a Constitutional Monarchy, with the Governor General as the Head of State on the behalf of the Queen. Just out of interest Rotten, do you think we should become a Republic?

im a bit iffy on the subject.
i can see why its a good idea. but i can also see were remaining part of the commonwealth is a good idea

Well, one of the points you should address would also be if the you take a republican form of government (I refer to the United States and its separation of powers in three branches) or a parlimentary democracy (in which I believe the head of the government is still a prime minister who addresses running the government/leading the legislature and is voted from the legislature, but also has a president for foriegn affairs and such, as my understanding of the issue goes). As I've gotten a good heaping dose of government in the last semester, I could talk basic pros/cons of an American style republic if called upon :P

Now, more debate ideas, such as China vs. US! (as seen in this and that, before it became spam :-D)
My name is red because I'm one of the few Tok`ra. Your questions have now been answered.
Pimping D wrote:if this game has made you cry please delete your account and get a life
Prophet of Truth wrote:You are an impediment that the universe can no longer abide. Nature itself cries out for your destruction...
The Phoenix Awards!
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Ah..ah..ah..ah...ah.... noooo nooo no. This thread is not for a debate gentlemen. Just suggestions. I am pursuing a non-rules debate section for everyone, but bazsy is currently 'occupied' and whatnotSo just stick to suggesting and go debate it elsewhere. Thanks.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Fear Of The Duck
Forum Zombie

i think the good topic would be "is this place dead or just hibernates during the cold winter months?"
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

i think people need holidays to do this properly. It was used a lot over the christmas holiday...just need to wait until easter and summer..then we see.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Eternal Serenity
Forum Irregular
Race: Tollan
ID: 1922320

Id be willing to take on anyone in the following :
Rating on games should the government be able to control them? Against-Me
Doing games cause aggresion?
Has our attempts to eliminate racism and biased attitudes for miniorities gone to far? Are we now discriminating against whites and giving favortism to those minorities just because of race? I think so
HairyMehoff
Forum Expert

good topics. unfortunately it seems i agree with your viewpoints on these, so no argument here!
Eternal Serenity
Forum Irregular

Well Im not a big fan of the other side but I guess I can take a shot at argueing it lol.
Eternal Serenity
Forum Irregular

Well Ill take another shot then: Who wants to argue the point of organized religion and whether is a good idea or not? Personally I think it was one of the biggest screw ups in history.
Osi
Forum Addict

hmm don't double post, and organized religon made the basis for the first cities and arts. Without it human civilization would never have jumped to what it is today... so tred lightly around that subject.
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
Eternal Serenity
Forum Irregular

First dont qoute double post rules at me I was only trying to inspire someone to debate with me. Not one of spam which is why that that rule was created. Secondly if you dont agree start a topic but here is not the place for warning me. If there is a civilized topic on abortion surely we can have one on religion.

Return to “Official league, judged, debates”