asgard vs covenant (loki vs Truth) Rate

loki
Forum Irregular
Alliance: the fizzle
Race: human-ish grey alien
ID: 0
Location: over here.... not there to the left..... my left..... not behind the tree..... never mind

asgard vs covenant (loki vs Truth) Rate

i chalenge anyone person to a one on one :(

i will argue 4 the asgard :shock:
"if there is no war there cannot be peace" a very wise man i once knew

ImageImageImage
duke iron
Forum Expert
Race: Asgard

Re: asgard vs covenant

will u challenge me the greatest energy in the cosmos?
Osi
Forum Addict

I'll argue for the Covenant
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

When shall you begin then!?
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Osi
Forum Addict

not sure
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
loki
Forum Irregular
Location: over here.... not there to the left..... my left..... not behind the tree..... never mind

i execept truths challenge

im good between 3-10 pm pacific time

ImageImageImage
Osi
Forum Addict

I'm U.S. Eastern, so we'll sorta roll with it like me and appy did?
loki
Forum Irregular

sounds good

lemme know when ur ready via pm

k truth i shall b waiting

ImageImageImage
loki
Forum Irregular

the asgard are a advanced race with the technolgy to clone themselves and transfer their consince into the new body

ImageImageImage
Osi
Forum Addict

The Covenant is a multi race hegemony. The Prophets command thousands of extremely advanced warships and hundreds of planets. The asgard are a dieing race with a dozen warships at best. The Covenant Empire has slip space drives of nearly the same strength of the asgard, and unlike Stargate vessels, Covenant ships can jump into the atmosphere of a planet and bypass defenses. The Covenant would easily glass the Asgards planet with sheer numbers.
loki
Forum Irregular

i will admit you make good points

however if the asgard have wepons that can destroy an ori ship in a few shots th can easily overwelm a covanant fleet with supirior shields, manuverability, stratgy, and tactics

ImageImageImage
Osi
Forum Addict

If you take that data into debate then the Covenant have already won as the asgard are all dead. If not the Covenant would be able to converge on the asgards single planet, delay the main fleet while hundreds of ships stream into the atmosphere and glass the planet. The Asgard have been known to be incapable of effectivly stopping an enemy that outnumbers them. They would be smashed by numbers. The Asgard would have no way to defending against an attack without planning months in ahead.
loki
Forum Irregular

i dont belive the covanant would use their in and out of atmosphere slipspace capabilities due to the fact * that a covanant AI once declared the very thought heresy

also i belive the tauri would come to the asgards aid

* = this came from the book halo first strike

ImageImageImage
Osi
Forum Addict

In Halo 2 the covenant assualt carrier jumped out of Earth's atmosphere.
Even if the tau'ri helped the asgard their ships only have kintetic weapons. With shields it might cut the regular human ratio against teh covenant from 3:1 to 2:1 bu once again the humans have maybe 3 ships atm. The Covenat has hundreds if not thousands. The Covenant would prevail.
loki
Forum Irregular

i think we should get da judges

/i cant think of anything else/

so truth i conced defaet

good debate hope to have many more like it

ImageImageImage

Return to “Official league, judged, debates”