Is a forum without Mods a bad forum?

Sammael
Alteran
ID: 36867
Alternate name(s): Sammael

Re: Is a forum without Mods a bad forum?

Ok your other forum how many members does it have?? this forum has over 7,500 thounsand members yes i agree not many are active, and some are mulits but there are still alot of members.

You say that you just report a thread and it gets cleaned up well there are hundards of thread going at one time just image someone went on a spam spree outside the temple and there are only paid amins to clean it up there would be hundrads of reports and take alittle while to clean up with mods it eaieasr and more of them to keep an eye on all of the threads.

I wouldnt say A forum without moderators is a bad forum im just saying that woth moderastors that its easier to run and keep an eye on, it runs smoother.

sammael
~ Sammael The UnKnown of the ORI ~

~ The Tank ~

War Never Changes, Just The People Who Fight It
In The Service of Nemesis Empire
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
ID: 0
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

The problem with every school of thought these days is reductionism. Why? Because our social problems are so very bloody pedantic. That is why -
a) We cannot moderate ourselves globally
and
b) The program will prevail to be more worthy than the reader

-Goo™
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

I've seen a forum where certain features are moderated by the users, but through an anonymous voting system. It was custom-built software that permitted that, though. There were also a handful of paid admins and an efficient reporting system, where something had to be reported in order to be voted upon for a certain course of action, if any.
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”