Whatever happened to global warming?

Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Whatever happened to global warming?

Master Rahl wrote:*as one small volcano goes dumping hundreds of thousands of tons of cool crap into the atmosphere* just waiting on Krakatoa and Yellow Stone to go sending us into another ice age....
Actually I heard some time ago that the Icelandic volcano set the world back a further 3 years of carbon dioxide savings...however with a bit of quick google'ing:
Published reviews of the scientific literature by Moerner and Etiope (2002) and Kerrick (2001) report a minimum-maximum range of emission of 65 to 319 million tonnes of CO2 per year. Counter claims that volcanoes, especially submarine volcanoes, produce vastly greater amounts of CO2 than these estimates are not supported by any papers published by the scientists who study the subject.
The burning of fossil fuels and changes in land use results in the emission into the atmosphere of approximately 30 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide per year worldwide, according to the EIA.
http://www.skepticalscience.com/volcano ... arming.htm

So on a worldwide scale it's not producing more, clearly, although how much the world is trying to offset...couldn't find much on that but I would assume maybe 20% of the total, which is still more.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

CO2 is not the only factor. Even just looking at CO2, it is a HUGE particle compared to many other gasses in the atmosphere. Larger size blocks more energy from entering. I don't care to give links, but I believe this newer research was being done at some Ivy League college.

Also there are many other gasses involved.

But 1 volcano, either I mentioned has a much larger impact. ash cloud.
"Average global temperatures fell by as much as 1.2 degrees Celsius in the year following the eruption. Weather patterns continued to be chaotic for years and temperatures did not return to normal until 1888."
[spoiler]The stratospheric cloud of dust also contained large volumes of sulfur dioxide gas emitted from Krakatau. These gas molecules rapidly combined with water vapor to generate sulfuric acid droplets in the high atmosphere. The resulting veil of acidic areosols and volcanic dust provided an atmospheric shield capable of reflected enough sunlight to cause global temperatures to drop by several degrees. This aerosol-rich veil also generated spectacular optical effects over 70% of the earth's surface. For several years after the 1883 eruption, the earth experienced exotic colors in the sky, halos around the sun and moon, and a spectacular array of anomalous sunsets and sunrises. Artists were fascinated by these aerial displays and captured them on canvas. The painting shown here is one such sunset captured by the artitst William Ascroft on the banks of the River Thames in London, on November 26, 1883 (Courtesy of Peter Francis).[/spoiler]

Yellow Stone would cause another mini ice age. Along with destroying a lot of North America and putting Europe under a layer of ash.
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage
Sol
Forum Addict

@Master Rahl, interesting, but it's always a bit 'fuzzy' to blame temperature change on one event, there are millions of possible other causes.

Some more posts...
http://opinion.financialpost.com/2013/0 ... ing-mushy/
It compares climate model simulations of the global average temperature to observations over the post-1990 interval. During this time atmospheric carbon dioxide rose by 12%, from 355 parts per million (ppm) to 396 ppm. The IPCC graph shows that climate models predicted temperatures should have responded by rising somewhere between about 0.2 and 0.9 degrees C over the same period. But the actual temperature change was only about 0.1 degrees, and was within the margin of error around zero. In other words, models significantly over-predicted the warming effect of CO2 emissions for the past 22 years.
TL;DR? The IPCC climate change model expected temps to rise between 0.2-0.9 degrees C (with practically 0 error tolerance), only rose 0.1 degrees.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... e-campaign
Leading scientists will soon tell the world they're 95% certain that humans are driving global warming. Sceptics are busy trying to sow any doubt
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... years.html

[-X

The science being used and the scientists pushing this man made climate change are full of crap. and it's been proved they are lying and they know they are lying.

All i know is this, CO2 is one the building blocks of life on this planet, without CO2 the planet dies....period! we are in a CO2 low period. the VAST majority of greenhouse gases are made up of WATER VAPOUR, CO2 is only a small part of GHG's. that's BASIC science.

The conclusion is-CO2 is a none factor....so the question becomes, why has CO2 been singled out?!?!

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

-David Icke
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

not the best graph ive seen but I don't care to look for a better one. there are spikes and valleys but the overall trend is down. (the spikes may take 100+ years) but when you measure in millions of years its down hill.
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Champaign time! BUT, they will still push ahead and force these frigging carbon taxes on us which hurts everybody and helps to drive businesses and jobs to countries that don't have these crap taxes and laws.

Global warming believers are feeling the heat....

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/james ... -the-heat/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... wrong.html

These "scientists" are fraudsters and scam artists-snake oil sellers, nothing more! they need to learn to quit, be taken to court for wasting public money and defrauding the public.

SCUM!

-David Icke
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/27/world ... ge-report/

Bad Avenger, saying the opposite of the UN.. :shock: How COULD you. :-D
:smt043
Sol
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/27/world ... ge-report/

An interesting point from that article...
Another often-cited critique of the report is that, due to its size and lengthy approval process, it is already outdated by the time it is released. Several important studies already have been published in the past year in the constantly evolving science of climate change that will not be included in this assessment.
@KMA, of course ;), it's another feel good source of revenue for the governments. But the idea pretty much birthed an entire sector/economy. Like fossil fuels; the shear amount of jobs and money lost if we all were to switch to electric cars right now (even though we all easily can), would be phenomenal.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Juliette wrote:http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/27/world ... ge-report/

Bad me! i should bow to these scumbags and the UN....bunch of murdering, child roasting/kidnapping and white slave running filth...

Oooops! i did it again :oops:

Sol wrote:
@KMA, of course ;), it's another feel good source of revenue for the governments. But the idea pretty much birthed an entire sector/economy. Like fossil fuels; the shear amount of jobs and money lost if we all were to switch to electric cars right now (even though we all easily can), would be phenomenal.

All i know is, these scientists (including the bureaucrats and the govt) have been given every opportunity to come clean and change their story and they haven't. they have pushed unjust laws and regulations on everybody. their regulations has driven up the cost of fuels, heating, the cost of living, driven up the cost of flying. nothing runs without fuel. if they won't change their story voluntarily then they need to be taken to criminal courts all over the world and prosecuted.....to hell with their bogus industry.

-David Icke
Sol
Forum Addict

More of a breakdown on the IPCC report:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/enviro ... vocal.html

Point made from it...
In fact, many scientists believe that warming of the deep oceans, on which data is still uncertain, has been masking climate change at the surface. This could explain why atmospheric temperatures have barely changed in the past 15 years during the so-called "pause", they say.
Also, they discovered a link between violence and climate change apparently :roll: :
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/01/us/cl ... index.html
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Sol wrote:More of a breakdown on the IPCC report:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/enviro ... vocal.html

Point made from it...
In fact, many scientists believe that warming of the deep oceans, on which data is still uncertain, has been masking climate change at the surface. This could explain why atmospheric temperatures have barely changed in the past 15 years during the so-called "pause", they say.
Also, they discovered a link between violence and climate change apparently :roll: :
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/01/us/cl ... index.html

If these "scientists" look closer-i'm sure they could find a link between aliens and obesity :smt064

Talk about desperation. they have no choice but to make ever more desperate claims to hide the truth because sooner or later somebody will drag these crooks into a criminal court. on that day you will see these cockroaches all run for cover :smt117

-David Icke
Meagen
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: None
Race: System Lord
ID: 103816
Alternate name(s): Åmounet

Didn't you all know that Global Warming is a Myth? :smt104
[11:18:51 AM] Ulquiorra: Lesson learned, women can do many many things at once, don't annoy them they'll still kick your ass
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Meagen wrote:Didn't you all know that Global Warming is a Myth? :smt104

Erm...yes, many knew it, me included. but knowing something and proving it to the masses and then having the masses admit they were duped is not an easy thing. getting the politicians to reverse all these disastrous green taxes will be nigh on impossible, they have to be removed from office and criminal charges have to be brought against these scientists and politicians. jail time is needed.

-David Icke
Sol
Forum Addict

Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”