Whatever happened to global warming?

[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Re: Whatever happened to global warming?

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

to those who think that man & our modern society is the problem, what exactly do you blame for the differences in global temperatures all those millions of years ago, when man was only just emerging? or when the dinos still walked around?

At times the global temps of the earth during those times was up to 10 degrees more than it currently is and was sometimes lower as well.

The earth changes temp on a constant basis. I'm sure we arent exactly helping matters as some of the stuff we put out is pretty nasty and will only exacerbate any heating/cooling cycle the earth is in, but to blame humanity in totality is just plain stupid & could even be regarded as retarded
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Thriller
Forum Addict
Alliance: Π Allegiance
Race: Replimecator

http://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_dat ... report.htm

Acording to IPCC (indecent counsel on climate change) and hundreds of other scientific groups we are effecting our planet in a very negative way through the over use of fossil fuels and aerosols and the dumping of other pollutants.
global warming was a misnomer and the name was changed to climate change to more accurately describe the negative effects are ways of life are causing. (happens alot in the scientific community)

Do you ever wounder why people get sunburn so easily now? Why skin cancer has the highest diagnoses among cancers and why things like asthma and other respiratory illnesses are on the rise.

When my mom was young she said she used to be able to play outside in the middle of summer and never worry about getting burned. But now you cant be outside on a sunny day for more that 20 minutes without getting a little red if you don't use sunblock.

So you may say its bullcrap but i'm going to go with the opinion of the people that have taken the time and done the research to know what they are talking about.

Is it really such a bad thing to be moving in a direction towards renewable energy and reduced pollution.

you can read for yourself here.
http://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_dat ... report.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intergover ... ate_Change
Last edited by Thriller on Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler
Universe wrote:You don't have a case, as Lord Thriller clearly explained.
MajorLeeHurts wrote:^ stole the car and my Booze and my heart * sobs*
Jack wrote: Just wanna be more like you, Master Thriller. :-D
Thriller
Forum Addict

Kit-Fox wrote:to those who think that man & our modern society is the problem, what exactly do you blame for the differences in global temperatures all those millions of years ago, when man was only just emerging? or when the dinos still walked around?

At times the global temps of the earth during those times was up to 10 degrees more than it currently is and was sometimes lower as well.

The earth changes temp on a constant basis. I'm sure we arent exactly helping matters as some of the stuff we put out is pretty nasty and will only exacerbate any heating/cooling cycle the earth is in, but to blame humanity in totality is just plain stupid & could even be regarded as retarded

Those changes were gradual and occurred over the span of millions of years. The last time it was 10 degrees hotter, the land masses were still heaped together in form on the continent of Pangaea. The large continent added to the heating effect because there was no large water masses in the center to effect temperature increase.
Last edited by Thriller on Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Just incase your first post was aimed at me Thriller, I am well aware of the effect humans have on the climate and that the last geological changes were over a much longer time period than our recent changes.

However it remains that we are not the sole cause and we must accept some climate change whether we like it or not. Humanity will survive no matter if the temp goes up or down, we are highly adaptable.

And as I said I'm sure we arent helping matters. But a lot seem to think we are the only cause of it when clearly we arent
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Thriller
Forum Addict

Kit-Fox wrote:Just incase your first post was aimed at me Thriller, I am well aware of the effect humans have on the climate and that the last geological changes were over a much longer time period than our recent changes.

However it remains that we are not the sole cause and we must accept some climate change whether we like it or not. Humanity will survive no matter if the temp goes up or down, we are highly adaptable.

And as I said I'm sure we arent helping matters. But a lot seem to think we are the only cause of it when clearly we arent

I agree, but when severe changes in climate occur naturally(ie along the lines they have for 2 billion years)they tend to happen more gradually. giving more time to adapt. If we are increasing the speed of seriously negative changes among ecosystems we may not be able to adapt or more importantly a substantial portion of life of earth may not be able too.

(were passengers on the planet and our actions may be steering or increasing the speed of our vehicle towards a cliff and may be unable to change our direction in time. )

According to the IPCC it looks like we are doing just that.
Spoiler
unseen1
Forum Irregular
ID: 50862
Location: Close to the Black hole drinking tea with black monster

Agreed with you Thriller.

When we say we are polluting and destroying Earth we are very wrong.Only thing we are destroying is ourselfs and our way of life..Earth had catastrophes far bigger then human kind and life non the less flourished.World is a lot harder to kill then we like to think so.Even we would drop all nukes all over the place life wouldnt be exterminated and in couple of hundred millennias there wouldnt be no sign we ever did anything and in a million or so evolution would expand life like it did so many times.

So denying obvious we are just shortening our life span here on earth,not Earth life span like we in our egocentric,puny,little minds like to think.
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

global warming lol the bigest joke of all i belive it is used to promote groth of new more efficent tecnolagies whils using the fears of the every day people to mask the rediculus amoumts of money being thrust upon green tecs

just my opinion as we havent been around anywere near enough to do as much damage as they claim has been done
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
Thriller
Forum Addict

http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceN ... FM20091112

This article outlines the melting of the greenland ice sheet, If this trend continues the uk will be flouded in about 40 yrs.

http://www.reuters.com/article/environm ... 0020070917

This article outlines how the the norwest passage has oppened up. (You know that thing thousands of people tried to find but realised it wasnt there when there boats got locked in and they froze to death.) 40 yrs ago it was a snow packed inpenetrable sheet of ice. Now its a bunch of slush.

But since god loves capitalism he must have wanted to open up the sea lanes to increase trade, and since the Uk is full of godless heathans he has set judgement upon them. Yes that must be it. All natural climate change, occuring in such a rapid amount of time because thats the way nature has decided it must be done.

It couldnt be the effects of ever increasing co2 lvls in the atmosphere and the decline of global dimming due to cleaner burning fuels, since climate change is a crock of **Filtered** and all.

:twisted:
Spoiler
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

I hate to be the one to tell you Thriller but the northwest passage your referring to opens up on what can be considered a regular basis. That is the openings can be predicted (ie when they will happen and for how long) and has always been passable by ship during these openings.

We even have historical records of them from the 1800s, upon which the current predictions (all of which have come to pass i might add) are based.

EDIT: point i'm making is bad example. theres better for the melting of the ice sheets as i'm sure your well aware ;)

Thriller
Forum Addict

Kit-Fox wrote:I hate to be the one to tell you Thriller but the northwest passage your referring to opens up on what can be considered a regular basis. That is the openings can be predicted (ie when they will happen and for how long) and has always been passable by ship during these openings.

We even have historical records of them from the 1800s, upon which the current predictions (all of which have come to pass i might add) are based.

EDIT: point i'm making is bad example. theres better for the melting of the ice sheets as i'm sure your well aware ;)

Yah but now its open 24/7 like mc donalds
Spoiler
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

lol, yeah there is that, but you never know it *might* refreeze. (and no i'm not holding my breath for that to happen)

I agree its not a great sign, but a better example would be to detail the overall thickness of the ice caps which is in freefall atm. Or how the loss of the permafrost 'walkways' are helping to kill off the polar bears & inuits

Thriller
Forum Addict

Kit-Fox wrote:lol, yeah there is that, but you never know it *might* refreeze.

I agree its not a great sign, but a better example would be to detail the overall thickness of the ice caps which is in freefall atm. Or how the loss of the permafrost 'walkways' are helping to kill of the polar bears & inuits

Maybe but i still remember my history classes and learning about the men who died looking for such a thing like cabot and hudson. I live in Canada so it hits close to home.

and there could not have been any maps about the passage before 1854 when Mclure made by boat and sled( his boat got stuck for three years). 1906 was when Roald Emmerson first transversed it, and that was the first time anyone sailed the pass. Dont pull numbers from your bum unless you state your guessing.
Spoiler
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

all i said was we have records of it from the 1800s, I havent actually seen those records so I dont know what they say. And from what you just posted it seems a perfectly correct statement that records have existed since the 1800s (well ok mid way through then)

The bit I read on it (cant recall where from was ages ago in school) said that it was passable by ship during these openings, I imagine that it was probably a guess or they made some measurement of the depth of the opening or something.

Its hardly pulling figures from my ass, especially if you fill in the blanks with meanings you ascribe to those blanks ;)

EDIT: I've never had any reason to doubt what I read in that article, however I am open to been corrected, just dont insult me in the process

Thriller
Forum Addict

Kit-Fox wrote:all i said was we have records of it from the 1800s, I havent actually seen those records so I dont know what they say. And from what you just posted it seems a perfectly correct statement that records have existed since the 1800s (well ok mid way through then)

The bit I read on it (cant recall where from was ages ago in school) said that it was passable by ship during these openings, I imagine that it was probably a guess or they made some measurement of the depth of the opening or something.

Its hardly pulling figures from my ass, especially if you fill in the blanks with meanings you ascribe to those blanks ;)

EDIT: I've never had any reason to doubt what I read in that article, however I am open to been corrected, just dont insult me in the process

well you right that during the summer passages open, they are usually never the same as the previouse years and USED to still be extremly dangerous and always involved a survey to be doen at the begining of the warmer season to verify roots. 99% of ships still take panama canal.
Spoiler

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”