Hitchkok
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

Re: 2012- End of the world

Thriller wrote:
Hitchkok wrote:
Thriller wrote:
Hitchkok wrote:
Thriller wrote:I conceed then hitch, you are correct.

you see. if only people could have realised this more often...

Except when your wrong of course,

also..... i'm still wiating for your reply to the israel/palestine thread.....

oh, that?
well, i haven't given up on that thread per-se, i've just given up on the participants.
i've went through a short George III routine.
the local trees proved to be a somewhat more shrewd bunch than you lot (admittedly, the Phoenix dactylifera tended to be somewhat long winded, and the Ficus carica tended to be simplistic, but the Olea europaea tended to have solid reasoning. and anyway, all three's arguments were, well, deeply rooted in reality). they actually even maneged to come up with some interesting arguments (you know, the kind with facts as premises and at least some logic behind them).
oh, i have to go. it seems the Punica granatum (which is technically a shrub, but we don't practice ordericism around here) thought up some new ideas.
talk to you later.

Translation: Thriller wins..

you see, here's the problem right there.
people looking for a one sided "win". doing what they can to "win" a debate they can't, instead of taking a chance to discuss a topic and maybe learn something new, or get a different perspective.
that's how the religion topic got banned.
there is no useless knowledge, there is only knowledge we don't know how to use
math is the art of stating the obvious
click the banner.
yay, i have bragging rights
teal'c wrote:Jesus maybe Hitch should be ombudsman he seems to be the only one with brains around here
GhostyGoo wrote:Capitalism is responsible for the death of humanity through a complete and utter destruction of ethical conduct, you DO know this, right?
Thanks to capitalism, when your doctor tells you you require a kidney transplant to survive, you no longer can be certain if you actually need a kidney transplant or your doctor simply needs a new speedboat. Nice.

-Goo
Thriller
Forum Addict
Alliance: Π Allegiance
Race: Replimecator

Hitchkok wrote:
Thriller wrote:
Hitchkok wrote:
Thriller wrote:
Hitchkok wrote:
Thriller wrote:I conceed then hitch, you are correct.

you see. if only people could have realised this more often...

Except when your wrong of course,

also..... i'm still wiating for your reply to the israel/palestine thread.....

oh, that?
well, i haven't given up on that thread per-se, i've just given up on the participants.
i've went through a short George III routine.
the local trees proved to be a somewhat more shrewd bunch than you lot (admittedly, the Phoenix dactylifera tended to be somewhat long winded, and the Ficus carica tended to be simplistic, but the Olea europaea tended to have solid reasoning. and anyway, all three's arguments were, well, deeply rooted in reality). they actually even maneged to come up with some interesting arguments (you know, the kind with facts as premises and at least some logic behind them).
oh, i have to go. it seems the Punica granatum (which is technically a shrub, but we don't practice ordericism around here) thought up some new ideas.
talk to you later.

Translation: Thriller wins..

you see, here's the problem right there.
people looking for a one sided "win". doing what they can to "win" a debate they can't, instead of taking a chance to discuss a topic and maybe learn something new, or get a different perspective.
that's how the religion topic got banned.

Or ....im just trying to goat you into continuing the only good discussion in the section.

I agree with you so much.. it's nice to have a change.
Spoiler
Universe wrote:You don't have a case, as Lord Thriller clearly explained.
MajorLeeHurts wrote:^ stole the car and my Booze and my heart * sobs*
Jack wrote: Just wanna be more like you, Master Thriller. :-D
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Hitchkok wrote:
buck wrote:
Diamond Dust wrote:
buck wrote:They wouldnt have had the capacity to understand time is infinate and nor would they have the number skillz!

Sorry Buck, but what a ridiculous thing to say/assume.

Id love to hear your arguement for the post industrial, Post non cannibal dieted, hell, post still seeing the sun as some sort of deity, Civilisations maths being comprehenseable to that of our own or even anywhere near, our standard.

Go on, Im waiting!

this is what we call a "Genetics fallacy", where facts regarding the genesis of an argument, which are not relevent to the argument itself are used to discredit the argument.
in this case, the facts are the bolded part, the argument is the Mayan calender and math, and the genesis is the Mayan.
in simple words, everything above might be true, but bears no relevence.
just like not having a way to rebutt someone's argument, and calling him "Ugly" instead.

sorry KMA, no jab at you here.
i know you've been looking for it.

I fear we will have to agree to differ.

You see, the original post offered no arguement nor explanation to back up the outragous claims it had made. I simply pointed out that a civilisation as basic as the one we where disscussing, would infact, be rather hard pressed to be of such a way of life, and then suddenly, have incredible math and scientific abilitys. Your post in that case, seems rather pointless. Either way the arguement is not what a post is, the arguement is , where the hells your proof that said two statements / claims are true, i have still to see any.

Obviously i know you did not make the claims in said post, but you did make the claim my post had irrelevent factors in it, when the very factors themselves where of relevence.

Im way, im building a bomb shelter.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon

buck, just because there is no proof of their "math skillz" doesnt mean they dont have any comparable to ours.. there are proof of quantum physics during the ancient times.. explain that one.
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Thriller
Forum Addict

KnowLedge wrote:buck, just because there is no proof of their "math skillz" doesnt mean they dont have any comparable to ours.. there are proof of quantum physics during the ancient times.. explain that one.

lol again your name misleads the audience. plz elaborate for the rest of us of things concerning quantum mechanic principles inferred to be outlined on walls by idiots.
Spoiler
Morbid Angel
Forum Newbie

Lithium wrote:Juliette read more and speak less

have u ever seen a UFO? yet there are lots of evidences that cant be explained.

Nibiru is said to be the crossing planet , its on bible and genesis book , has many names.

many belive that our solar system have only 1 star which could be a rarity in the galaxy or even universe as for scients (ive onlyread their comments bout it), bisolar system or multiple are normal in the universe. Nibiru is an gas giant planet but its not the only one who cros nearby the earth ever 3600 years, (yet has to be confirmed his exact orbit to sun)

from ancient sumerian texts and genesis book its mentioned that nibiru hit Tiamat (earth) long time ago , result is the asteroid belt and draged earth in the current orbit while losing his satelite Moon.

another thing that looks very interesting are the earth poles which arent older then 4k years , and teh cause could be teh crossing planet which changes tehm by 29 degrees.

meh there are a lot of info that came from ancient history not confirmed by actual science and none is going to be open about whet they work. but u cant deny teh ancient texts

Solar systems by definition only have 1 star, galaxies have nearly innumerable amounts of stars, hence crazy amounts of solar systems in one galaxy.... then hundreds, thousands, maybe millions of galaxies make up the universe....so the possibilities are endless.

I believe that ancient man and current man have experienced extra-terrestrial activity, i.e., alien ships/ lifeforms. In this vast universe, it is inconceivable that we are alone!

I have read too many accounts of this activity, and have seen some myself, certainly ancient man left large amounts of text on this subject.

We can only speculate at our level, but truly, the thinking man knows that there must be others in the vast cosmic sea!
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Since when can a solar system only have one star??

We know of many different double stars which have obiting planetary bodies. Many of which would qualify for the term 'solar system'

So please would you care to explain where you got that a solar system can only have one star? Or are you not aware of binary systems or double star pairings?
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Morbid Angel
Forum Newbie

Kit-Fox wrote:Since when can a solar system only have one star??

We know of many different double stars which have obiting planetary bodies. Many of which would qualify for the term 'solar system'

So please would you care to explain where you got that a solar system can only have one star? Or are you not aware of binary systems or double star pairings?

I stand corrected, I meant to say solar systems capable of sustaining life, by most scientific hypotheses.

"It's a good thing we don't live in a binary star system - the gravitational interactions of two stars would make circular orbits (ok, nearly circular) impossible, which would pretty much nix the possibility of life. Stable orbits are very important for life as we know it. In fact, all the searches for extra-solar planets have so far focused on solitary stars."

But I digress, too tired to argue cosmology at the moment, and it's been too long since I've studied :)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Morbid Angel wrote:I stand corrected, I meant to say solar systems capable of sustaining life, by most scientific hypotheses.

"It's a good thing we don't live in a binary star system - the gravitational interactions of two stars would make circular orbits (ok, nearly circular) impossible, which would pretty much nix the possibility of life. Stable orbits are very important for life as we know it. In fact, all the searches for extra-solar planets have so far focused on solitary stars."

But I digress, too tired to argue cosmology at the moment, and it's been too long since I've studied :)
What about non-carbon based life, hm? That could be INSIDE any star. I'm just saying.. the fact that we would die there, doesn't mean everything life-ish would..
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Hitchkok wrote:sorry KMA, no jab at you here.

sorry, i'm not following you, looking for what?

if i have misunderstood something you've said, please tell me and i'll happily apologise :-)

as for the topic at hand, i knew it wouldn't stay on topic for long, its to big a subject and i hope it doesn't get locked.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Thriller
Forum Addict

[KMA]Avenger wrote:
Hitchkok wrote:sorry KMA, no jab at you here.

sorry, i'm not following you, looking for what?

if i have misunderstood something you've said, please tell me and i'll happily apologise :-)

as for the topic at hand, i knew it wouldn't stay on topic for long, its to big a subject and i hope it doesn't get locked.

Maybe itll it turn out to ba a self fullfilling prophecy, but i don't think there are enough nutjobs who would follow through with that.
Spoiler
Morbid Angel
Forum Newbie

Juliette wrote:
Morbid Angel wrote:I stand corrected, I meant to say solar systems capable of sustaining life, by most scientific hypotheses.

What about non-carbon based life, hm? That could be INSIDE any star. I'm just saying.. the fact that we would die there, doesn't mean everything life-ish would..

Helium and Hydrogen based life forms FTW!
Mister Sandman
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Planet of Tatooine
Race: Sand People

~Sabaku no Gaara~ wrote:What do you think?

i say that the world is NOT going to end in 2012.

The world ended in 2000 , LMAO !

The human kind is obsessed on setting a date for the end of the world !

And most of the things we hear is mass manipulation.

its 2050 get it right!
Beware - The Sleeper Has Awoken
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Mister Sandman wrote:

its 2050 get it right!
Pessimist. The world isn't going to end for another few billion years.
Now humanity.. that's a different story. But our fate is not the fate of the planet.
Hitchkok
Forum Intermediate

Juliette wrote:
Mister Sandman wrote:

its 2050 get it right!
Pessimist. The world isn't going to end for another few billion years.
Now humanity.. that's a different story. But our fate is not the fate of the planet.

not unless we decide to destroy it out of pure spite.
which is a pretty realistic scenario
there is no useless knowledge, there is only knowledge we don't know how to use
math is the art of stating the obvious
click the banner.
yay, i have bragging rights
teal'c wrote:Jesus maybe Hitch should be ombudsman he seems to be the only one with brains around here
GhostyGoo wrote:Capitalism is responsible for the death of humanity through a complete and utter destruction of ethical conduct, you DO know this, right?
Thanks to capitalism, when your doctor tells you you require a kidney transplant to survive, you no longer can be certain if you actually need a kidney transplant or your doctor simply needs a new speedboat. Nice.

-Goo

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”