what is the world coming to

~wolverine~
Forum Addict
ID: 0

what is the world coming to

It saddens me everytime I see things like this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21628248

Girl, 14, guilty of football row manslaughter

Girl, 14, 'set up boy's stabbing'
A 14-year-old girl has been found guilty of arranging the killing of a "kind, ambitious and humble" schoolboy after a row over football.

Its hard enough knowing what somebody has done to you, but how can somebody actually do something like this. Things like this really annoy me and are very upsetting.

What is the world coming to? Will Zombies kill us or will we kill ourselves?
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Re: what is the world coming to

This is what you get when morality is removed from society. people grow up without morals and have kids who have even less morals and scruples than their parents and crap like this and the proliferation of knives amongst youngsters is the result.

It's easy to blame the kids who did this, but the responsibility for the decline in morality in society to the point that kids don't think twice about stabbing another kid lies with all of us!

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
ljietuvis
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1971117

The more people there are, the more such murders there will be. However, overall violence has been declining for hundreds of years and is still declining today. I recommend a TED talk by Steven Pinker on the decline of violence.
My apologies for my poor English
Richard Feynman wrote:God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand. Now, when you finally discover how something works, you get some laws which you're taking away from God; you don't need him anymore. But you need him for the other mysteries. So therefore you leave him to create the universe because we haven't figured that out yet; you need him for understanding those things which you don't believe the laws will explain, such as consciousness, or why you only live to a certain length of time — life and death — stuff like that. God is always associated with those things that you do not understand.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

the fact that the human brain does not fully develop until we reach 25, may have something to do with it.. though we are mostly all taught wrong from right at an early age.

don't worry Wolvie I hate football so would not kill anyone over it :smt058
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

ljietuvis wrote:The more people there are, the more such murders there will be. However, overall violence has been declining for hundreds of years and is still declining today. I recommend a TED talk by Steven Pinker on the decline of violence.

This is spot on. The violence quantity loses all shock value when the population gets to a certain point. Thinking of Detroit having almost as many homicides so far this year as Chicago yet they only have a micropenis of the population :)

A stabbing in Detroit should have exponentially higher shock yet in truth it has exponentially lower shock value. Figure that one out.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

fem fatale wrote:the fact that the human brain does not fully develop until we reach 25, may have something to do with it.. though we are mostly all taught wrong from right at an early age.
Sure. That explains all those 50 year old warlords and Clint Eastwood. Oh wait. It does not.

Youth hiding behind the excuse "but my brain is not completely developed yet" should be removed from society and interned in reeducation camps where the failed upbringing they got from their then-absent-now-worried parents can be corrected. Damned parents should **Filtered** raise their own children instead of delegating that to so-called-professionals-who-are-actually-cheap-labourers-without-skills, some **Filtered** who has no connection at all to those kids.
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Juliette wrote:
fem fatale wrote:the fact that the human brain does not fully develop until we reach 25, may have something to do with it.. though we are mostly all taught wrong from right at an early age.
Sure. That explains all those 50 year old warlords and Clint Eastwood. Oh wait. It does not.

Youth hiding behind the excuse "but my brain is not completely developed yet" should be removed from society and interned in reeducation camps where the failed upbringing they got from their then-absent-now-worried parents can be corrected. Damned parents should **Filtered** raise their own children instead of delegating that to so-called-professionals-who-are-actually-cheap-labourers-without-skills, some **Filtered** who has no connection at all to those kids.

+1
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

Juliette wrote:

Logic is not fully developed till the 20's. This is not an excuse for this crap, but it is a fact.

100 years ago, the girl had a 50/50 chance of being killed too, and the parents would weep, noone else would know or even care. But now because we have a camera we can show it to the world every time someone dies. There was a day where you had the right to kill someone just because they spat on your name.
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

[KMA]Avenger wrote:This is what you get when morality is removed from society. people grow up without morals and have kids who have even less morals and scruples than their parents and crap like this and the proliferation of knives amongst youngsters is the result.

It's easy to blame the kids who did this, but the responsibility for the decline in morality in society to the point that kids don't think twice about stabbing another kid lies with all of us!

Dare I go there and ask what decline of morality heh?
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

oh dear davs WHY
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”