NSA collecting too much data.

Sniperwax
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Re: NSA collecting US phone call data

Juliette wrote:Funny story about the Taliban leader, who says he is fighting "a small elite, looking to turn the world's population into slaves, with no place for Islam" (now, I do not mind the last part, but interesting anyway). :P

I would like to have the thread title amended to "NSA collecting ALL data". This title is misleading and too small-scale. :)
Was that related to his letter to the girl speaking to the UN about her assault in Swat, Pakistan? If it is the same reference I too was surprised to read his comments about the NWO lol
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: NSA collecting US phone call data

Sniperwax wrote:
Juliette wrote:Funny story about the Taliban leader, who says he is fighting "a small elite, looking to turn the world's population into slaves, with no place for Islam" (now, I do not mind the last part, but interesting anyway). :P

I would like to have the thread title amended to "NSA collecting ALL data". This title is misleading and too small-scale. :)
Was that related to his letter to the girl speaking to the UN about her assault in Swat, Pakistan? If it is the same reference I too was surprised to read his comments about the NWO lol
Yup. I wonder if anyone tied this into the 'big picture'? :)

As for the 'changing stories' bit.. ha. Yes. Well. No one really needs to worry. Everything is under control.
Sol
Forum Addict

Re: NSA collecting too much data.

Title amended to: NSA collecting too much data.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Sol wrote:Title amended to: NSA collecting too much data.
So it's ok for them to collect any data on anybody, even if it's a just a little bit of data?

Title is again misleading ;)

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Sol
Forum Addict

[KMA]Avenger wrote:
So it's ok for them to collect any data on anybody, even if it's a just a little bit of data?

Too much includes anything at all, even so they wouldn't be the NSA if they didn't collect any data from something, like for instance who they're trying to defend from.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Drought
Forum Expert

Perhaps they are working together with IBM :neutral:

In groningen in NL IBM is setting up a new large research and development facility for new special processors. But, another part of their setup is the development of a special platform called target, a series of racks ligning up just over 12k processors, and over 64 terraflops memory.

After some nosing and researching, this system is suposed to be able to collect and process vast amounts of data on the fly :o

yikes ......
a very bad hairdo
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Sol wrote:
[KMA]Avenger wrote:

Too much includes anything at all, even so they wouldn't be the NSA if they didn't collect any data from something, like for instance who they're trying to defend from.

Who are they trying to defend from?

Ps, this is also not limited to the NSA (which is the point i was trying to make in my previous post). everyone is spying on everyone. govts, corporations, everyone.

-David Icke
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Well, d'oh. Only reason we are finding out about this one through official channels is because it is replaced with its far more advanced successor program. :D

Goes by the name of SN.
Sol
Forum Addict

[KMA]Avenger wrote:
Sol wrote:
[KMA]Avenger wrote:

Ps, this is also not limited to the NSA (which is the point i was trying to make in my previous post). everyone is spying on everyone. govts, corporations, everyone.
(dont know much about the NSA) but defending from threats inside America, as they say.
Ah kk, well that is quite a large discussion in itself, it would be far less messy if other threads were made for discussing specific organizations and the like. Easier to focus on one :P.

I suppose the core idea would be something along the lines of the title, are they collecting too much data?
While you would suggest that personal things be left alone, I would point out the exploitation business Facebook is pushing around behind the scenes, as you all (especially you KMA) would know about already. Then pile that on with all other businesses, target, k-mart, big w, wall mart (and other mega corporations over there) that algorithmically categorize your life based on what you buy, how you use things etc. I would say the NSA was just lime-lighted in that regard, with the media obviously providing the shock value, although this is nothing different to what others are doing, yet the NSA are at least attempting to protect you (or so they say, at least they aren't selling your social status and life to other corporations for research and such).

While I believe the other corporations should be stopped data mining, what of the NSA? Your troops -seemingly- protect you from in-borne threats (well, so they say), you have to have someone already on the inside, and they have to have something to hunt with.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Sol wrote:
[KMA]Avenger wrote:
Sol wrote:
[KMA]Avenger wrote:

(dont know much about the NSA) but defending from threats inside America, as they say.
Ah kk, well that is quite a large discussion in itself, it would be far less messy if other threads were made for discussing specific organizations and the like. Easier to focus on one :P.

I suppose the core idea would be something along the lines of the title, are they collecting too much data?
While you would suggest that personal things be left alone, I would point out the exploitation business Facebook is pushing around behind the scenes, as you all (especially you KMA) would know about already. Then pile that on with all other businesses, target, k-mart, big w, wall mart (and other mega corporations over there) that algorithmically categorize your life based on what you buy, how you use things etc. I would say the NSA was just lime-lighted in that regard, with the media obviously providing the shock value, although this is nothing different to what others are doing, yet the NSA are at least attempting to protect you (or so they say, at least they aren't selling your social status and life to other corporations for research and such).

While I believe the other corporations should be stopped data mining, what of the NSA? Your troops -seemingly- protect you from in-borne threats (well, so they say), you have to have someone already on the inside, and they have to have something to hunt with.

What are you talking about hunting, hunting who...you mean terrorists? and the NSA are trying to protect me, how exactly? sorry, this is really confusing me since the NSA has no interest in protecting anyone from imaginary and made up enemies that the west is now openly funding after i posted proof years ago on this very forum that Al-Qaeda were trained and funded by the west. the only difference between now and back then is that they are now openly admitting they are doing it.

I'm sorry, but that crap holds no water....

Meh, sorry, if it looks like i'm laughing at you, i'm not trying to. i can't be arsed with this crap any more...protecting me...what a load of bull crap. the sad part is, people actually buy that **Filtered**!

-David Icke
Sol
Forum Addict

[KMA]Avenger wrote:
What are you talking about hunting, hunting who...you mean terrorists? and the NSA are trying to protect me, how exactly? sorry, this is really confusing me since the NSA has no interest in protecting anyone from imaginary and made up enemies that the west is now openly funding after i posted proof years ago on this very forum that Al-Qaeda were trained and funded by the west. the only difference between now and back then is that they are now openly admitting they are doing it.

Meh, sorry, if it looks like i'm laughing at you, i'm not trying to. i can't be arsed with this crap any more...protecting me...what a load of bull crap. the sad part is, people actually buy that **Filtered**!
While I don't know much about the NSA, I take it anyone that poses a large threat is what they are trying to prevent (and protect you from), and terrorism does not automatically imply Al-Qaeda, if I'm not mistaken you have had quite a few bombs and mass gun downs that aren't Al-Qaeda related (well, that being said there are always conspirators that love to find links between things).
So why do you think they're collecting this meta data then? (I assume they would be data mining for other stuff as well).

It does seem dodgy though, I would be for scrapping the NSA (even though I don't live in the USA). It seems to be pointless organization, if they did manage to prevent some things from happening it would be good to actually show the citizens that the massive invasion of privacy is worth it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Sol wrote:
[KMA]Avenger wrote:

While I don't know much about the NSA, I take it anyone that poses a large threat is what they are trying to prevent (and protect you from), and terrorism does not automatically imply Al-Qaeda, if I'm not mistaken you have had quite a few bombs and mass gun downs that aren't Al-Qaeda related (well, that being said there are always conspirators that love to find links between things).
So why do you think they're collecting this meta data then? (I assume they would be data mining for other stuff as well).

It does seem dodgy though, I would be for scrapping the NSA (even though I don't live in the USA). It seems to be pointless organization, if they did manage to prevent some things from happening it would be good to actually show the citizens that the massive invasion of privacy is worth it.

Sorry for my tone, it's not directed at you. it's that i just can't take all this crap any more. to put it simply, there is no justification that can be made by the state (any state) to spy on it's own citizens. as i said above, it's not just the NSA that are spying on people, it's other Govts as well.

I don't believe in a central Govt...for that matter, i don't believe in any kind of centralised power. centralised power (power from the top down) is ultimately oppressive. just because we are allowed to vote means absolutely nothing to me or you as individuals since we are not represented. but even if we were represented, there will be people who are not. i believe in self governance and self determination. society may not seem ready for that kind of life, but i believe it is.

That doesn't mean i think we should all be hermits or live in isolated societies (what's the word that describes societies isolated by choice? somethingphobic?), on the contrary. i simply don't want to live anywhere were the power is top-down.

Anyways, getting back to the subject matter at hand. this is dangerous stuff putting everyone's info in the hands of the state is not-and has never been-good for the people. it leads to totalitarianism. how easy would it be for the Govt to declare an emmergency and turn their entire surveillance grid on all of us?
I can tell you now, not that hard at all since they openly admit the militarisation of the police and all the states mechanisms have been put in for us, not terrorists. this is why i'm so frustrated, it's all in the open and it's all child's play.

In the US they have the TSA which is part of the NSA, obviously. the TSA are a front-line civilian force there to deter and to find terrorists, yet they have not caught a single terrorist and are putting their dirty hands down everyone's underwear looking for Bin Laden and his chums when Bin Laden died in 2001 (that's mainstream news). furthermore, they are openly funding Al-Qaeda, there is even a brigade called The Osama Bin laden brigade fighting in Syria which is being funded by the west.My point being they need all this surveillance to keep me safe and yet they are the ones running all this crap....forgive my cynicism, but i just can't swallow any more of their crap...i have an idea...how about they just stop spying on me and listening to my phone calls and assuming anyone is guilty of anything and just **Filtered** die the death they deserve.

-David Icke
Feri
Forum Regular
ID: 1920808

what is so fascinating about this debate is that SO many people are absolutely sure they know they are being abused, based solely on hyperbole. (people outside the US, welll good luck. :P)

My question is this.
Are you aware that the FBI can access your data/phone calls/records and anything else if necessary based on legit information tying you t o something with a crime that warrants it?

In the age of technology this whole kerflufle is nothing more than a lot of hype over a "capability" to have access to information which is primarily intended to be used for catching foreign bad guys.

The only time it is used to look into US citizens is if there is a valid link between them and extremists. (barring the VERY rare occasion of intentional misuse, and the almost as rare, inadvertent intrusions which are immediately deleted and serve no purpose.

Are you ok with the FBI being able to access your information? what about past information? the real debate should be on whether or not you are ok with CURRENT and FUTURE information being intercepted after you have been tied to something. OR if you don't really see much difference between a technology which allows the PAST to also be looked at.

Don't get involved in terrorism/extremism and you almost certainly will never be affected by any of this.

The real question is, is the slippery slope potential of this information to be misused in the FUTURE enough to not allow it to be used appropriately today.

The only reason people are assuming it is being misused is because of hype, and as we all know, hype without accurate information is pointless and futile.

So that is my question.

Do you want the past to be intrusion proof or are you ideologically opposed to any government ability to intrude into your information if it is warranted.
I eat your spies
Spoiler

RSE says (11:22 PM)
no no.. you need to see it bigger

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”