NSA collecting too much data.

Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

NSA collecting too much data.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ju ... :Position1

Let's be clear with what they're handing over to the NSA first:
"Under the terms of the blanket order, the numbers of both parties on a call are handed over, as is location data, call duration, unique identifiers, and the time and duration of all calls. The contents of the conversation itself are not covered."

Obviously it's taking a noticeable piece of your liberation pie Americans, but is it too invasive? Though that can't really be judged until you're given the reason (so let's just go with the most likely, terrorist hunting).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

Re: NSA collecting US phone call data

they prevented a serious attack on the us through this i read..

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Sol
Forum Addict

~Dä Vinci~ wrote:they prevented a serious attack on the us through this i read..
Link? Proof?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

Sol wrote:
~Dä Vinci~ wrote:they prevented a serious attack on the us through this i read..
Link? Proof?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22793851

i probaly miss read it knowing me :-D

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

It is rather easy to say you prevented something from happening.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

IRS are collecting data (and taking a political stance pro-Obama) from Tea Party members and other groups against so-called "Progress" in America.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Legendary Apophis wrote:IRS are collecting data (and taking a political stance pro-Obama) from Tea Party members and other groups against so-called "Progress" in America.
Yes, but that is the news from a month ago..
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Juliette wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:IRS are collecting data (and taking a political stance pro-Obama) from Tea Party members and other groups against so-called "Progress" in America.
Yes, but that is the news from a month ago..
I know, just saying that this government isn't as wonderful as people would have thought.

Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Seriously, I would consent to this **Filtered**. If it stops some guy blowing up me or my family. Fine, collect my phone records. What you afraid of? Someone seeing your intimate photos you sent to your wife?

Get over it, screw democracy, screw freedom.

Get on the train and get off again.

That is all.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Sol
Forum Addict

~Dä Vinci~ wrote:
Sol wrote:
Link? Proof?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22793851

i probaly miss read it knowing me :-D
All there ;), but as Juliette has said, it's easy to say you have prevented something. Especially since the only backing it has was it being "significant" and "within the past few years" mentioned by just a congressman.

Although I'm just interested to know why they need ALL records and not just a selected network of people, or even a state (to blur the curiosities of others).

@FM, see first post about what information is actually being given.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Freedom of Speech

NOT!!
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

nah im with FM on this,

if a serious terrorist attack happens people die, the goverment and security forces are blamedfornot doing their jobs,

you have to give abit to ensure your safety, people dont appreciate that,then they should expect attacks to rise and more people to die.

freedom isnt free
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Makes sense that Brits would see things differently. You live in a police state already.
For one to give up 'freedom' one would need to have freedom to begin with. ;)

I could not care less what Americans do with Americans. I do care about some backwards nation blatantly ignoring my nation's sovereignty and my privacy. That power belongs with another organisation, and any infringement thereupon is .. well .. annoying.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Guild wrote:nah im with FM on this,

if a serious terrorist attack happens people die, the goverment and security forces are blamedfornot doing their jobs,

you have to give abit to ensure your safety, people dont appreciate that,then they should expect attacks to rise and more people to die.

freedom isnt free
It didn't stop Boston. So what safety is it providing?
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Dovahkiin wrote:
Guild wrote:nah im with FM on this,

freedom isnt free
It didn't stop Boston. So what safety is it providing?
more than you would know, or appreciate, as it is stopping them before events like boston happen

Juliette wrote: I could not care less what Americans do with Americans. I do care about some backwards nation blatantly ignoring my nation's sovereignty and my privacy. That power belongs with another organisation, and any infringement thereupon is .. well .. annoying.

pffffffft get out of here, you go to america you follow their rules, dont expect them to treat you with whatever your nations sovereignty provides you with in your own country, if you dont like it you know what to do ;)
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”