NSA collecting too much data.

Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Re: NSA collecting US phone call data

Criticism over this can be legitimized due to the IRS scandal, with that they increased suspicion from people towards the current gov and the way they would use information against legal political groups (as far as I know Tea Party isn't terrorist group). Who can tell whether they would use it just to fight terrorism or to use it against the Republican-related movements/organizations as the very same gov already did it a month ago?
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

As soon as something violent happens its a terrorist attack, but when it turns out to be a white christian its not a terrorist attack and named into a shooting and called a gunmen(gunman). But if it turns out to be a brown skined Arabic and Muslism decent, its a terroist attack on the US and we have to get to the bottom of it every fast.

It plays on the fear that the government made after the 9/11 attack.

Freedom isnt free, but there is a point where too much is too much to make sure we are "free". Giving up your security in the name of this so called freedom and then get mad about it much later on.....You dont deserve either.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

There was no terrorist attack since Oklahoma City perpetrated by far right groups though, isn't it?
If I'm not mistaken, terrorist attacks usually involve the use of bombs (whether it explodes or is chemical bombing) or vehicles used as bombs, right?
Sure shootings are also an act of terror, but usually it's being distinguished (logically or not, I don't know).
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

US citizens are the last people that get to be outraged by this.

The authorities are flat out telling you they're not doing it to you, just to us poor peasants that aren't lucky enough to be the aria... I mean the american ubermench race. Cos you apparently only have rights if you're a citizen of the good old us of a lol.
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Guild wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:
Guild wrote:nah im with FM on this,

if a serious terrorist attack happens people die, the goverment and security forces are blamedfornot doing their jobs,

you have to give abit to ensure your safety, people dont appreciate that,then they should expect attacks to rise and more people to die.

freedom isnt free
It didn't stop Boston. So what safety is it providing?
more than you would know, or appreciate, as it is stopping them before events like boston happen
How about proving your assertion. ;)

If this system was truly designed to prevent terrorist attacks then it absolutely should have caught the Boston bombing before it happened.

But it didn't, because it has nothing to do with citizen security, but government and corporate security.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Dovahkiin wrote:
Guild wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:
Guild wrote:nah im with FM on this,

if a serious terrorist attack happens people die, the goverment and security forces are blamedfornot doing their jobs,

you have to give abit to ensure your safety, people dont appreciate that,then they should expect attacks to rise and more people to die.

freedom isnt free
It didn't stop Boston. So what safety is it providing?
more than you would know, or appreciate, as it is stopping them before events like boston happen
How about proving your assertion. ;)

If this system was truly designed to prevent terrorist attacks then it absolutely should have caught the Boston bombing before it happened.

But it didn't, because it has nothing to do with citizen security, but government and corporate security.

how ridiculous, if you got rid of these organisations, overnight crime,attacks and terrorist attacks would increase

obviously its not flawless, you cant expect them to catch every single nutter, but you complain when they try to increase their chances of catching them, such as the bolton bombers before they attack.

so your shooting yourselfs in the foot saying why havent they caught every single one and then complaining about the actions they take to try and stop them

cant do right for doing wrong
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Brdavs wrote:US citizens are the last people that get to be outraged by this.

The authorities are flat out telling you they're not doing it to you, just to us poor peasants that aren't lucky enough to be the aria... I mean the american ubermench race. Cos you apparently only have rights if you're a citizen of the good old us of a lol.
o/
Guild
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:

o/
Noone forcing you to stay in America :-k
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brdavs
Forum Elder

Guild wrote:
Juliette wrote:

o/
I am forced to stay on the planet tho...

...and according to the latest leak in march 2013 NSA collected 3billion pieces of intelligence from US networks. Globaly in that period they collected 97billion.

So yea it's a real outrage what's been done to the american citizens here lol.
ImageImage For Rome!

Guild
Forum Addict

Brdavs wrote:
wrong again 8-[
Spoiler
Brdavs
Forum Elder

Guild wrote:
Brdavs wrote:
wrong again 8-[
I kinda am, all the Soyuz seats have been taken up by poor american astronauts. #-o
ImageImage For Rome!

Guild
Forum Addict

Brdavs wrote:
Guild wrote:
Brdavs wrote:
wrong again 8-[
I kinda am, all the Soyuz seats have been taken up by poor american astronauts. #-o
if it upsets you that much, move to a country where you feel you wont be persecuted the way you seem to think you are
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Guild wrote:
Juliette wrote:

o/
Again, I am not *in* America, not sure where Brdavs is, but I am sure he can be wherever he wants to be. I am in The Netherlands. And we, like Germany, Russia, the Congo, Brazil, Australia and all other countries are apparently slaves to whatever the mighty US of A decides. And since whatever they decide is guided by a bunch of morons who think they should elect a token black man as president to compensate for their 'indiscretions'.. well, that just shows you how worthless their voices are.

I much prefer China. At least they are honest about wanting to know everything there is about you.. the USA and their hypocritical stances on freedom and privacy are a global joke about as funny as mr. Hollande of France.

Ah well.
Guild wrote:if it upsets you that much, move to a country where you feel you wont be persecuted the way you seem to think you are
Kind of the point we are making. There are no such countries.

Coen brothers should make a movie: "No country for free men."
Guild
Forum Addict

so quit crying about america and lobby your own countries goverment :-D
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Guild wrote:so quit crying about america and lobby your own countries goverment :-D
I see now that you are just trolling. There is no country (except Iran and China) that can comfortably stand up to America on their own, without support from another Overlord Nation. [-X
America does not just steal American data. They steal your data. Ah well. No point in further feeding.. ;) Let's just agree to disagree.

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”