Trigger words. ;)
god of war
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Δ Allegiance
Race: ancient
ID: 1979427
Alternate name(s): crixus

Re: War on Syria = UTTER NONSENSE

i am sorry guys i do not want another war but when i see little kids lying dead on the streets in syria cause a tyrant and a mass murderer wants to keep control of the country his father stole from the syrian people over 400 children killed with a weapon of mass destruction and don't forget the other 100k people he massacred so you know what i am all for the usa and france and canada and every other country taking out his ability to commit these these crimes against humanity and as far a russia goes they just as responsible for these crimes as syria is bashir alasad needs to be taken to the icc for trial and just so u know i am canadian and us canucks dont like war remember hitler was the devil so what is assad a saint so bomb syria and stop them from killing more people

thank u for reading this god of war
Melisandre
Lady Red
Race: Shadowbinder
ID: 15

I seriously do not see how you can blame Assad for the actions of the terrorists trying to kill him, his tribe, his sect members and - in fact - as many people as they can.
These 'rebels' are not local heroes rising up against a dictator, but foreigners (Syrians living in Turkey/UAE/USA) who want to make a name for themselves. They tried to profit from the anti-stability trend popularly dubbed 'Arab Spring', a laughable notion that Muslim tribal nations can be 'democratic' and stable at the same time. They can not. A society in which the individual is secondary to the tribe, family or imam's clique, where honour killing and 'eye-for-an-eye' mentality is engrained in spiritual law can not be democratic on a national scale.
There is a reason why the Arab Muslim world drifts towards Caliphates and authoritarian leaderships; the reason being that - like Europe until the late 18th century - people are being told every Friday (and every other day) that they cannot think for themselves, that they should listen to their imam because he knows the 'Word of God'; and there is no arguing or disagreeing with the Word of God, obviously. Now you have a people who are told day in and day out that as long as they do what God wants, they can never be wrong. Funny thing about that 'Word of God', it always comes out of human mouths.
Enter the Saud family and the Emirs of the United Arab Emirates. Profiteers and capitalists, who can make just enough of a compromise on their personal religion to make them One-Eye, Kings of the Blind. They can afford (literally) to be just enough of a hypocrite to tell local imams to change their version of the 'Word' just a little. A gentle nudge, emphasising differences ("Those Alawites, what do they really believe? Can they even be trusted?"), historical behaviour ("Say, didn't those Assads use to live in the hills and fight against your great-great-grandfather before? Their unavenged blood still cries for blood.").
Just enough to make people look at each other funny, and in a society of honour-killing and eye-for-an-eye, you only need an opportunist who will shout "Revolution!" to start a massacre and civil war of massive proportions. But not a real civil war, in which one entity fights another for national control.. no, dozens of entities fighting for the government to lose control of the nation.
Enter the psychopaths from other jihads, traumatised or just plain bananas from fighting, and you get to see (if you want to look) 'rebels' arming children, eating their opponents, and swearing a blood vengeance for every single one of their mates killed (despite their instant going to heaven, apparently killing them still earns you a death note).

Not so funny thing about child soldiers.. once you kill them, they are just dead children. In life, they are brainwashed to fight the war of others. In their first death (being given a weapon and taught to kill), they become mindless zombie soldiers in a war that isn't theirs. In their second death (by the evil-evil government who they are trained to attack), they become their innocent self again, mangled by the bullets of a soldier who has no other way of liberating such a child. Brilliant propaganda, when training camps are expertly disguised as 'schools' and 'summer camps'.

In war, 'stuff' happens. But to blame one man for the screwed up mentality of the entire region is short sighted and wrong. As is the idea that killing that man will do anything other than further destabilise a chaotic region.
And there you have it. Chaos in the region means higher prices for oil and gas from everywhere. Who stands to gain? The Saudis, Emirs, oil companies all over the world.. and nothing better to distract the USA from handling their energy supply domestically than dead children on the news. Do you still think the Syrian government chem bombed a district under the nose of the world? :-k
"One realm, one god, one king."

Ah, yeah. This is Juliette, iPad.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Where's the "like" button? Nevermind, it's not Facebook! :razz:
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Legendary Apophis wrote:It is utter nonsense.
War on Assad, and help rebels which mostly consist of mercenaries and djihad terrorists backed by Gulf monarchies and Al Qaeda that do the following:
-Use children as soldiers
-Use children to cut throat off loyalist troops with sword and post the video on the net
-Kill loyalists, eat their heart & organs and post the video on the net
-Assault/stalk/attack daily Syrian Christians and other minorities
-Rape continually minor women for a couple of weeks and then kill them
-Murder and torture a little girl
-Give themselves the right to rape any women that isn't considered anti-Assad.
-Do a chemical attack and then pretend Assad troops did it

Substantiate these claims. The alternative albiet gruesome as well is leave it to Israel to solve.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Jedi~Tank wrote:
War on Assad, and help rebels which mostly consist of mercenaries and djihad terrorists backed by Gulf monarchies and Al Qaeda that do the following:
-Use children to cut throat off loyalist troops with sword and post the video on the net

Substantiate these claims. The alternative albiet gruesome as well is leave it to Israel to solve.
Sorry but the proves are rated R or 17 and therefore too violent for this forum...

Search: "Young christian girl raped, tortured and murdered syria" in Google or "rebels syria jihad" in youtube and you will have the content behind my claims.
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Legendary Apophis wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:

Sorry but the proves are rated R or 17 and therefore too violent for this forum...

Search: "Young christian girl raped, tortured and murdered syria" in Google or "rebels syria jihad" in youtube and you will have the content behind my claims.
I have seen and read that on the net already. I dont put much stock into the media these days sorry.

I think if soldiers were ordered to do such things we have reason to raise hell....i am not going to argue..but will mention this to either highlight a point, start a point or reinforce a point......why are we screaming about syria when these very things have been ongoing in other countries not so far away....Sudan should have been obliterated years ago, Saudi arabi and Iran should hace been done while Bush was tearing it up, we should get out of Israels way and let then eliminate all of those cold blooded murderers rapist liars and those that use thier own citizens as experiments for thier chemical toys ONCE AND FOR ALL.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Feri
Forum Regular
ID: 1920808

This whole thread from the very start is operating from an illogical basis.
Yes AQ is bad and they have been known to do bad things.
Not all opposition forces in Syria are AQ though.

The gov/regime has done atrocious things.
The opposition has done atrocious things.

Neither are righteous.

The problem is that anyone is free to follow their ideals.
We see it everyday, in the struggle for human rights.
People trying to force their ideals on others because they believe they are correct, and that it is therefore correct for everyone.

Should we support the opposition? No not really they are not the ideal opposition.
Should we support the regime? No not really they are not an ideal government.

So what then do you do? Nobody wants this war to continue on, displacing millions and killing thousands.
The problem is that this is a free world in which you cannot control others thoughts (debatable because of propaganda, lies, polarized views, cultural standards, religion, conformity etc)

But at the end of the day people are free to do whatever they wish if they accept the ramifications of their actions. Nobody, not ANYONE can change this. You cannot break the will of the determined without crushing them and their soul.

What is the appropriate course of action to take then? It certainly isn't to completely support the regime nor the rebels. However there is no group, organization or anything capable of running a proper government that is not very theocratic in nature based in the middle east.

It is no different then the west however, except there is more violence in the mid east.
If there was allowed to be theocratic rule in the US for instance, you would have very similar levels of extremist acts and violence throughout the country.

We can either mind our business or do something and try to stop the ongoing massacre.
I'm not sure there is a 'good' choice to be made at this point. Only a handful of bad choices and the hope that the least disastrous gets chosen.

When ideals are so strong that they cannot abide by others human rights, there will be strife.
The only possibly way for peaceful cohabitation is a deep profound understanding that all of us are humans and we all have the right to peacefully live our lives in the way we choose without systemic interference. Be it societal, cultural, religion, corruption.

This is not realistic however. For you cannot crush the ideals of the chosen. The game board has been set, the sides have been polarized and now the dice must roll.

-Me
I eat your spies
Spoiler

RSE says (11:22 PM)
no no.. you need to see it bigger
atok
Forum Irregular
Race: nordic god

i personally believe what ever has happened over their is their problem till it involves a English/American person its not are war cause their not affecting us people rebel what do they expect to happen? they have weapons pretty sure they've killed a fair few innocents as well.

i just don't want more soldiers going into a another war that can never be won and i dont see why we always get involved when their are big countries near them who dont give 2 f**** about them
zach obourn
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Homeless
Alternate name(s): Trashcan Man,Homelessguy and Zach Obourn.

Tetrismonkey wrote:Lets just bomb them all. Merica!
:smt025 that's what we're good at lets do it.
ImageImageImageImage
You started playing on Wednesday, June 8th 2011 - 19:45:37 GMT

5 Second Sig By Legend
Spoiler
Trade FeedBack
Spoiler
Naq Sold To Date 100T
UU Sold To Date 820M
Turns Sold to Date 9K
god of war
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Δ Allegiance
Race: ancient
ID: 1979427
Alternate name(s): crixus

you r all right it should not be r fight however it becomes r fight when chemical weapons r used against the general population and before people start saying that the rebels used sarin nerve gas i would ask where would the rebels get the nerve gas from the terrorist's don't have those types of weapons and plus their is enough of evidence that proves that the assad used these exact weapons and that he is prepared to use more of them in the future so like i said before i do not want another war but we should all remember that wmd's r against international law and the states have used military forces to stop other people from using chemical weapons before and also all the talk about religion is nonsense this is all about 1 man trying to hold on to power that his father stole from the syrian people just because the american people r not affected or being killed does'nt mean we shouldnt do anything about that tyrant f**ker in power in syria just look at the pictures floating around everywhere and they r not faked or altered over 400 little kids that did nothing to deserve this happening to them not to mention the other 100k people being slaughterd and also the rebels r not al jihadist only a small number of them r

god of war ps sorry about my bad spelling
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

well said SoL.
If USA send people in then there is a chance Australia would get dragged in, However I have a feeling the general public would not like that at all.

So basically Russia and China (permanent members of the Security Council/UN ((unlike Australia))) Have said 100% no to any attack against the Assad regime YET Obama/Kerry have said that they can't just stand by while people are being slaughtered and are tempted to go against what the UN say and intervene.

Am i getting that correct?
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Yes.

Also Obama and the extremely incompetent french president Hollande prefer to have an Al Qaeda led government over a rather dictatorial secular one (Assad; who considers Saudi Arabia regime to be Middle Age regime). Don't ask me why considering it would increase risks of terrorism against USA, it is just nonsense thus my thread title...

Lattest rebels news:
http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_09_0 ... ants-5185/
Spoiler

Spoiler
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Legendary Apophis wrote:Yes.

Also Obama and the extremely incompetent french president Hollande prefer to have an Al Qaeda led government over a rather dictatorial secular one (Assad; who considers Saudi Arabia regime to be Middle Age regime). Don't ask me why considering it would increase risks of terrorism against USA, it is just nonsense thus my thread title...

Lattest rebels news:
http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_09_0 ... ants-5185/
Think about what you just said for a minute. Would you rather have someone in place that is capable, manipulative, highly intelligent and fully capable of playing the puppet until he or she gains enough power to do this again? Or a bunch of controllable idiots?

Deni
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Jedi~Tank wrote:Think about what you just said for a minute. Would you rather have someone in place that is capable, manipulative, highly intelligent and fully capable of playing the puppet until he or she gains enough power to do this again? Or a bunch of controllable idiots?
You did not just say that, did you? You think extremists (of any religion) are even slightly controllable?! :shock:
Yes, rather Assad. Rather the devil you know than a myriad of demons running wild making a mess of a beautiful country. Syria's oldest surviving monastery (inhabited since the 5th century) was destroyed by those rebels 'the West' love so much. Small price to pay for that Qatar-Mediterranean oil pipeline, I suppose?
After all, who gives a damn about historical artifacts and living history these days. Just blow it all to hell. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma'loula

People don't realise that people can easily be replaced. History cannot. Ergo, preservation of history is more important than giving a bunch of piss-ants their so called 'freedom'.
If it were Assad destroying those monasteries, ancient mosques (newfangled 20th century mass-produced crap doesn't count) and the Aleppo Citadel, I would be against him instead. But it is those Black Flag-flying terrorists who do this, and for that, they deserve to die. All of them.

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”