USA Government?? lulz...

~Les Erebus~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TF
ID: 1907332

USA Government?? lulz...

the government closing has made me think of one thing. How when I was young I was proud to be under a government that I thought was there to help us. I was taught, we are the bosses, and they will listen with care, etc, etc. Obviously growing older I knew better, but I never really "gave" up on them cause I wanted to believe that not only did my votes matter, but I had a choice.. the events in the last month have made me give up on them all..

here is the thing, when you are given a job, 9 times out of 10 you do your job, and if you do not do your job, you are held accountable for this and proper measure are taken to reprimand you for doing wrong. So, depending what said company you work for policy is eventually if you strew up enough you will be fired.. How long our these people going to get to **Filtered** up, when they all (both parties) have the most responsible job in the USA.. I thought it went like this.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Not one nation under congress and liberty and justice for Senate and Congress..

IDK, just a rant feel free to discuss... ](*,)
philipbanks 2:41 PM

Man I can mass from right here in my shower and it feels nice

lesennemis 2:42 PM

stop using massing for non pure duties in the shower and yes i am quoting that
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Re: USA Government?? lulz...

That's deep...

(This topic is going to better than the news.)

I know along. All alonggg..
I'm meant to be all alone
Out there on my own..
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

religion and gun law are too powerful in deciding who runs your country, thats whats messing you up.

you have too many crazies and not enough policies
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theon35
Forum Irregular

Guild wrote:religion and gun law are too powerful in deciding who runs your country, thats whats messing you up.
Religion ? Is anyone even religous these days. All ive been hearing for the past 5 years is that all the churces in USA and Europe are empty/being sold. I doubt you can blame something that is no more :-k
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theon35
Forum Irregular

I think you are taking these charts too literally. Being religous and saying you are on some survey is something completelly different.
Anyway, i dont want this thread to become another religous topic, sorry Les :razz:
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Noone wrote:I think you are taking these charts too literally. Being religous and saying you are on some survey is something completelly different.
Anyway, i dont want this thread to become another religous topic, sorry Les :razz:
The bible-states have way too much power over the US.

-KJ
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Kjarkur wrote:
Noone wrote:I think you are taking these charts too literally. Being religous and saying you are on some survey is something completelly different.

-KJ
meh.. they are one nation under God.. after all. (what God, is yet to be seen) :smt050
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

All things change in time.

No one section or affiliation in this country has sway over the other, and that is the problem. Two parties. Splitting government. Maintaining this ridiculous blockade preventing anything from getting done. If people weren't so invested in supporting one or the other..."good guy" or "bad guy" depending on everyone's individual perspective...more could be done. Our two party system works well in good times or when people are willing to cooperate, but the last ten years have turned politics so nasty in this country and filled with such hate that it's mildly surprising we're not suggesting we should go kill each other to support each of our own ideologies.

Republicans are terrorists and Democrats are somewhere between Fascists and Communists depending on the day in the media. Another day in Washington.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Commander Vimes
Forum Expert
Alliance: T I T α N S Commander
Race: Vaguely Humanoid
ID: 87970

well you can guarantee that no matter who is in charge, they will **Filtered** it up eventually lol
It's all for the greater gooood
msn commandervimes@live.co.uk
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

fem fatale wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:

-KJ
meh.. they are one nation under God.. after all. (what God, is yet to be seen) :smt050
Mammon.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

One nation under Cthulhu.

'shocking' images in spoiler.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Also moved to the right section. ^_^
Moriarty
Forum Irregular
Alliance: N/A
Race: Ancient
ID: 1991944
Alternate name(s): ~M~

That's it... Former studying political theorist jumping in on this one...

A) Too much government (control) leads to oppression, dominance of the peoples, and no regime change. SO! What does that tell us? Less government control, less dominance of the peoples, and peaceful regime changes are the way to go, correct?

Let's further elaborate on this premise then. "Democrats" have held Senate control for how long? Since the Clinton Administration? And SINCE THEN we have elected a two term Republican President who did manage to muscle his way into a war that we didn't need to be in (admittedly), and a Democratic President who has more than doubled our previous 8 year debt under Bush, and wishes to spend MORE American tax dollars funding a program that WILL ruin public health care programs. Leaving the United State Federal Gov't in control of the peoples health and how they should be taken care of (forgive my trailing prepositions).

NEXT, we have labeled the Republican party with the stigma of the NO party. Let's further elaborate on that... Obama when he FIRST ran for his Presidency, wanted to start a program GRANTING money to all incoming college students (amounts never really determined by campaign). Who shot that plan down if the DEMOCRATS HAD CONTROL OF THE HOUSE AND SENATE IN 2008? So all you young college students, such as myself, who is saying no? And/or lying?

In addition, Obama also ran on the platform NOT to have programs in which the privacy of American citizens would be invaded... Where did that take him? Earlier this year, he came out and PUBLICLY STATED 'we must have these programs in place in order to save American lives'. If we were in the business of saving lives, which clearly we aren't by the way... We would pull our hegemonic stance in the Middle East for foreign trade allies and focus INWARD on increasing spending OUTSIDE THE GOVERNMENT.

Having said that, I will lastly say that I am a devout Conservative, and a practicing actor. So I have very liberal views (on certain topics), but also very traditional ones in others. I welcome any and all discussions on this matter so that we can connect on a further level in understanding the inner workings (or not workings :smt043 ) of our government.

M
Moriarty
Forum Irregular
Alliance: N/A
Race: Ancient
ID: 1991944
Alternate name(s): ~M~

Kjarkur wrote:

-KJ
False statement. Bible states are far less powerful than you would imagine, or else NY, FL, CAL wouldn't be the biggest "point getters" in the US. The whole Northeast corner votes D, while the R's can only bank on TX as a big point getter. Ohio is a swinger, and looks to be more and more Democratic every election. And other mid range point states (ILL, LA, NC, SC, and WISC) wouldn't be the final states that finalize our Presidents.
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

I love how Pres is blaming this just on the reps. But it was the Dems that wrecked his plan to begin with. Obama almost copied Mass. bill but JUST TO GET ENOUGH DEM votes it went from 500 pages to 2700 pages. This was even before any Rep could vote on it.

For insurance (which is a large portion of this shutdown) Currently to get insurance under the plan it would cost me almost 6k a year. (that's with a 2k Deductible). That will be 6k less from me in the local economy JUST FROM ME. Worse of all that would be a temporary insurance because the insurance company doesn't know what all entails (eye care, dental? just emergency for those 2? crutches/glasses/prothestics? where is the tax going to be that is listed in the bill on the end customer/seller/manufacturer?)

Our government system is broken. We have toddlers temperament in our representatives that most have NO clue what 97% of the county lives like. They just bicker to bicker.

They just shot down a chance to save money in food stamps program (which would have started a cascade effect through out all help programs). Read the bill. Prove you are attempting to get a job and your NOT on drugs and you get *said benefit*. Don't do these and your not getting help. and this was turned down because the head of the food stamp program said there is only "probably less than 1% frod" with the program?!?!? I worked at a grocery store, some people would buy $300 of junk food(ice cream, $18/lb steaks) and $500 worth of cigs and beer!??!

But US actually has till the 14th to decide on this because THAT is when the money is due, they just shut everything down 2 weeks prior, in an effort to "save" money. sorry bit random with this post.
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”