Child euthanasia is now legal in Belgium.

Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

Re: Child euthanasia is now legal in Belgium.

Once somebodies life has become insufferable and a long painful death is inevitable, Euthanasia should be an option, I wouldn't stand by and watch my dog suffer once there is nothing else that can be done.
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

[KMA]Avenger wrote:
Loki™ wrote: Yep. Allowing things like this is a gateway to worse things.

You said it better than i did, and with fewer words.

Once the door is opened it can never be closed. some people will get this and some won't. hence the passion from some who are against this, and the lack of understanding from those that don't.
Sorry, I thought this was the area for intelligent discussion. The only lack of understanding I see is your cries of murder and suicide instead of looking past your own principles to the situations that others may be in.

I appreciate your comments and I actually agree with most of them. It is effectively murder. However, murder in terms of the law in this country has been overridden with a new law, allowing this to take place under another name. Other than that, if you are commenting under the justification of religion, well that's your prerogative. I do not think I can comment to any of your posts here for fear of insulting your integrity or your "passion".
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Mental wrote:Once somebodies life has become insufferable and a long painful death is inevitable, Euthanasia should be an option, I wouldn't stand by and watch my dog suffer once there is nothing else that can be done.
So now we have lowered ourselves to the level of animals....good job :smt023

Field Marshall wrote:
[KMA]Avenger wrote:
Loki™ wrote: Yep. Allowing things like this is a gateway to worse things.

You said it better than i did, and with fewer words.

Once the door is opened it can never be closed. some people will get this and some won't. hence the passion from some who are against this, and the lack of understanding from those that don't.
Sorry, I thought this was the area for intelligent discussion. The only lack of understanding I see is your cries of murder and suicide instead of looking past your own principles to the situations that others may be in.

I appreciate your comments and I actually agree with most of them. It is effectively murder. However, murder in terms of the law in this country has been overridden with a new law, allowing this to take place under another name. Other than that, if you are commenting under the justification of religion, well that's your prerogative. I do not think I can comment to any of your posts here for fear of insulting your integrity or your "passion".
I'm not basing my opinions from a religious stand point. sorry i should have been more clear. my stance on this comes from my own sense of morality. changing the law won't change how i feel about it. imho, murder is murder and changing the name does nothing to change that fact.

It's just how i see this. no religion involved, and there shouldn't be any religion involved :)

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

[KMA]Avenger wrote:
Mental wrote:Once somebodies life has become insufferable and a long painful death is inevitable, Euthanasia should be an option, I wouldn't stand by and watch my dog suffer once there is nothing else that can be done.

No it's amazing that it is acceptable to show mercy to an animal but a human has to suffer till their very last breath, It is cruel when you have to watch a loved one beg to die, Due to the amount of pain they're suffering.

Most people do not just simply slip away.
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Mental wrote:
[KMA]Avenger wrote:

No it's amazing that it is acceptable to show mercy to an animal but a human has to suffer till their very last breath, It is cruel when you have to watch a loved one beg to die, Due to the amount of pain they're suffering.

Most people do not just simply slip away.

Life is life and precious, but animals can't handle pain the same as people. in the real world if an animal becomes lame it dies, either from starvation/dehydration or from other animals. with people it's not the same thing. besides the fact that medical procedures and cures are being withheld (that's fact and not a conspiracy theory), i just cannot bring myself to accept that murdering humans (no matter how much pain they are in) can be justified. if we can justify that we can justify anything.

Also, apologies for my condescending above reply to you. it wasn't intentional.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

hmm - imo this is a strange one and tough choice, i have not really read to much into it, but there was such a bill that was placed for discussion in British parliament -

It was more facing into Adult Euthanasia specifically with profound disabilities that were developed due to neurological trauma rather tough to go into basics off it, ultimately the bill was denied.

Doctors/Medical Students graduating into such a field were asked to give opinions on this - and basically what it entitled doctors to do was if working with a patient and being a central figure in the multi disciplinary team that patient asked to die - but was unable to communicate it verbally but was able to physically via written format and was deemed to have capacity then it would NOT be solved in a court case but it would be solved with the MDP - and the doctor apart of that team - to end this persons life 3 signatures had to be obtained - The doctor involved in the team - a psychiatrist to deem capacity - and the care staff incharge of the care.

Doctors who would be involved said they didnt feel comfortable ending a persons life who was clearly able to make choices on what they want but didnt find it morally or ethically appropriate and would mean that gives doctors the final say to end a persons life - To much power for one person it was argued.

Others put in the argument of a DNR (for those not aware this is called a Do Not Resuscitate) when the patient goes through trauma and becomes un responsive the doctor does nothing and lets them die for better a word.

I personally dont and couldnt end someones life - we doctors at the point of entry to medicine and at the point of graduating say the oath to medicine to do no harm to a person..

I do see the point in some countries like belgium implementing this nobody likes to see someone suffer let alone a child. I think in extremem circumstances i would consider it - but ive never met someone who has been deemed to have capacity who wished to die. thankfully.
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Talking about animals, it's rather strange the little giraffe threatened to face euthanasia in Denmark raised more concern world wide than the law about euthanasia for children in Belgium...
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

What I would like to know how you would break it to the child? No matter what, when you tell the child this is an option it will be you nudging them to make that decision.
What kind of a person basically pressures a child to choose death? Even if you try to appear neutral when you say it the fact that you did means you'd prefer euthanasia at that point. A child will strive to do what is expected of them.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Death is too permanent to be a solution for anything.
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Juliette wrote:Death is too permanent to be a solution for anything.
+1

Better ti keep them alive even if the only way to help them would be to pump them full of fentanyl and keep it that way.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:Death is too permanent to be a solution for anything.
This is a matter not understood by many. I salute you!
Bias Admin colour
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

The arguments of where this could lead are just absurd. In the realm of we can't have gay marriage cos that will lead to bestiality orgies on the streets. Get a grip people.

Personally I find it ironic that any decently emphatic human being wouldn't hesitate to put down a dying pet or horse yet wouldn't even consider this tightly regulated and monitored mercy for a fellow human being, be him a child or an adult.

Not all stories get a happy ending. Heck these stories don't even get a happy start. Must the tragedy of these kids really be compounded by the fact we keep them forcibly coiled to this world as long as medically possible no matter the circumstances? Must a child really linger on in excruciating pain and die in agony just because of our sensibilities and moral indignation? I'd treat my dog better then watch him suffer terribly for months before the inevitable end.
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Brdavs wrote:The arguments of where this could lead are just absurd. In the realm of we can't have gay marriage cos that will lead to bestiality orgies on the streets. Get a grip people.

Personally I find it ironic that any decently emphatic human being wouldn't hesitate to put down a dying pet or horse yet wouldn't even consider this tightly regulated and monitored mercy for a fellow human being, be him a child or an adult.

Not all stories get a happy ending. Heck these stories don't even get a happy start. Must the tragedy of these kids really be compounded by the fact we keep them forcibly coiled to this world as long as medically possible no matter the circumstances? Must a child really linger on in excruciating pain and die in agony just because of our sensibilities and moral indignation? I'd treat my dog better then watch him suffer terribly for months before the inevitable end.
It's not where this could lead, but where this WILL lead. You seem to be unaware about all the abuses of euthanasia for adults going on in countries where it's legal. It will be the same for children, now people who used to go to jail for killing their children won't anymore thanks to opportunities given with euthanasia. They call it "progress", after all... :roll:

Euthanasia on kids = adults giving themselves the right of life or death on an innocent being. While on the other hand, I suppose you are one of those against death penalty for criminals right?
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

What I would like to find out first is the extent of the euthanasia candidates pain, I'm under the impression most pain can be handled decently with drugs (let's be honest, at the rate of medical advancements over the years and the incredible array of drugs available, even focused to pain receptors, I find it hard to believe most of the candidates would be under immense pain). I would imagine anything painful that does surpass the best pain relief drugs ability, would signal a very short life as it stands for the person.
Which just begs another question, if someone WAS going to die, guaranteed, within a short time period, why not have the ability to end it at the ideal moment (....which folds back into my answer above of; if you want it that badly do it yourself).

I'll digress to the current thread path.

Sure davs we do give our pets (as Juliette put it) a more permanent solution, but they are also inherently disposable to us, throw a few motions here and there, a week later the kids wont even remember what happened.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Brdavs wrote:The arguments of where this could lead are just absurd. In the realm of we can't have gay marriage cos that will lead to bestiality orgies on the streets. Get a grip people.

Of course! I completely agree with you! You know who else suffers and are the cause of much pain and sorrow to our collective and personal selves? Jews. And black people, poor people, sick people and generally speaking people that have moral compasses outside the blanketed and majorilly accepted element. Because these people do not even know how much they suffer by lacking the great and deep sense of progress that we all have, that enlightens us! Gay people should marry! Because gay marriage= freedom and love, we all know that! Sick people and sick children should be killed because they suffer! So do the people that have an even greater infection, that of the wrong and damaging opinion! Kill them! Kill them now before they cause even more grief!

Values, moral values are not the absence of courage, resilience, thoughtfullness, empathy and a stride to fight, or rather they are not a void of all that makes us human. We are turning into heartless creatures that value nothing because we fear suffering, we fear fighting and love our complacent selves and our hedonistic pleasures. Where i work at people fight to very last breath, they fight and die with a fire in their eyes. They die with meaning in their lives, not through an injection because they were scared.

You're right tho, i wouldn't let a dog suffer, because a dog doesn't know a dimension that surpasses common suffering, a human dog does not value a human soul.

To sum myself up, i don't agree with gay marriage because lust doesn't mean love and two men having sex while on paper "being together" doesn't mean they're married. If a child suffers doesn't mean it needs to be put down like an animal because we think like is just happy joy flowers and pleasures upon pleasures. Life means hardship, suffering, pain and overcoming that with endurance, bravery, determination and courage as to give life a meaning and to call us humans!
Bias Admin colour

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”