Child euthanasia is now legal in Belgium.

Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Child euthanasia is now legal in Belgium.

Bias Admin colour
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: Child euthanasia is now legal in Belgium.

Question, I mean no insult or disrespect, but have you ever cared for a terminally ill child?
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

I work in a hospice that cares for the terminally ill, specifically focusing on cancer pacients.
Bias Admin colour
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

This is probably one of those things I would say; all or none. In the overarching case of euthanasia, none.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Are you really surprized?

They call it "progress", man. Just like the sterilization campaigns done in the Mid XXth century in Sweden were done in the name of progress, same as the child production factory in India where you can buy your children on catalog with eugenistic means (surrogacy). Same as the fact in some countries, children happen to have more than two legally recognized parents. Same as the fact in France, about 25% of children meant to be born, are aborted, every year. Now euthanasia can be done regardless of your age in Belgium, and they call it progress. Because, of course, there won't be any misuses and it will all be done fairly and respectfully. LOL seriously...

And if you disagree with their "progress", they label you as a fascist!
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Do they really believe children are capable of such a decision?
It scares me when I think about where this trend might lead us.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Loki™ wrote:Do they really believe children are capable of such a decision?
If they cannot, it will be up to their legal guardians.. i.e. in the case of 'unwanted', the state. Expand the 'unwanted' category to include anyone without family who shows some signs of insanity (i.e. everyone, surely you can find a state psychologist to write you off).. continue to assault the institution of family and eventually everyone will be 'guarded' by the state, then empowered to end your life whenever it sees fit.

Or it could all work out well, and we will float on clouds in the sunlight.

Loki™ wrote:It scares me when I think about where this trend might lead us.
Given history and the lack of lessons learned from it, me too.
Malx wrote:I work in a hospice that cares for the terminally ill, specifically focusing on cancer pacients.
Best 'yes' ever. ;)
Loki™
Forum Elder

Juliette wrote:
If they cannot, it will be up to their legal guardians.. i.e. in the case of 'unwanted', the state. Expand the 'unwanted' category to include anyone without family who shows some signs of insanity (i.e. everyone, surely you can find a state psychologist to write you off).. continue to assault the institution of family and eventually everyone will be 'guarded' by the state, then empowered to end your life whenever it sees fit.
And the guardians deciding about it makes it even worse.
"Meh, I cba to look after this brat anymore. Lets off him."
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Loki™ wrote:
Juliette wrote:
"OMG, let's adopt a kid. We can't have them for some reason, and kids are the new minipigs." *2 years later, marriage/whatever breaks apart, gets bored* "We can't put this kid through the ordeal of a divorce. Let's end his suffering."

Psychopathic. :|
Loki™
Forum Elder

Juliette wrote:
Loki™ wrote:
Juliette wrote:
"OMG, let's adopt a kid. We can't have them for some reason, and kids are the new minipigs." *2 years later, marriage/whatever breaks apart, gets bored* "We can't put this kid through the ordeal of a divorce. Let's end his suffering."

Psychopathic. :|
I can see that happening down the line. Ofc the people who made this law would object fiercely, but this is a step in that direction.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Here's a good idea, since we can legally kill terminally ill kids, lets abort them up to age 3!

/sarcasm.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Malx wrote:I work in a hospice that cares for the terminally ill, specifically focusing on cancer pacients.
Then you are more qualified to send such a sweeping statement!

To be honest, I'm not sure where I stand here, I've never had a child and I imagine I won't for a couple of years to come. However, I hope that I would be more than able to look after a child who is in need of care and attention that was of my own blood, however, sometimes I struggle to look after my own basic needs :-k

To me, I believe that if somebody wished to make a passing easier, than it should be permitted, that a judical system controls our fate based on religious nonsense is ridiculous. I do not believe people that have locked-in syndrome are continuously forced to suffer in silence is a failing on human morales.

I believe that no child should have to suffer a life with no future and full of pain. I am happy to openly say that IF a child is to suffer, in pain and without any enjoyment, then somebody in an appropriate field able to distinguish this with no second thoughts, then I agree with this decision.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
JasonJay
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

*Get kid*
*Get tired of kid*
*let kid get play in radioactive waste*
*legally put it down*
*party*
Loki™
Forum Elder

Field Marshall wrote:

To be honest, I'm not sure where I stand here, I've never had a child and I imagine I won't for a couple of years to come. However, I hope that I would be more than able to look after a child who is in need of care and attention that was of my own blood, however, sometimes I struggle to look after my own basic needs :-k

To me, I believe that if somebody wished to make a passing easier, than it should be permitted, that a judical system controls our fate based on religious nonsense is ridiculous. I do not believe people that have locked-in syndrome are continuously forced to suffer in silence is a failing on human morales.

I believe that no child should have to suffer a life with no future and full of pain. I am happy to openly say that IF a child is to suffer, in pain and without any enjoyment, then somebody in an appropriate field able to distinguish this with no second thoughts, then I agree with this decision.
And who are you to make such a decision for someone else? If your life sucks by all means end it but you have no right to make that decision for someone else.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Loki™ wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:

And who are you to make such a decision for someone else? If your life sucks by all means end it but you have no right to make that decision for someone else.
Hypothesis for a second, you have a child, who is in insufferable pain and will be forever. Lets say they are also deaf and blind, for arguements sake. You know for a fact that this pain will never subside and they will be unable of communication because of their inability to concentrate past their insufferable pain. This child will never have a life without enjoyment.

Lets also consider the arguement, without todays advances in medicine, childbirth and technology, this child would have died shortly after birth.

Who has the right to keep this child alive?
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”