USA: Liberals' PC > freedom of speech/opinion...

Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

USA: Liberals' PC > freedom of speech/opinion...

at least if you happen to be the CEO of Mozilla/Firefox:
Mozilla boss Brendan Eich resigns after gay marriage storm

The chief executive of Mozilla - the company best known for its Firefox browser - has stepped down.

Brendan Eich was appointed just last month but came in for heavy criticism for his views on same-sex marriage.
Mozilla's executive chairwoman Mitchell Baker announced the decision in a blog post.
"Mozilla prides itself on being held to a different standard and, this past week, we didn't live up to it," she wrote.
"We know why people are hurt and angry, and they are right: it's because we haven't stayed true to ourselves.
"We didn't act like you'd expect Mozilla to act. We didn't move fast enough to engage with people once the controversy started. We're sorry. We must do better."
Mr Eich has also stepped down from the board of the Mozilla Foundation, the non-profit organisation which owns the for-profit Mozilla Corporation.

Angry users
Mr Eich, who co-founded Mozilla and was also the creator of the JavaScript scripting language, made a $1,000 (£600) donation in 2008 in support of Californian anti-gay marriage law Proposition 8.
Although it was initially passed, it was later overturned by the US Supreme Court in 2013.
When the announcement of Mr Eich's appointment was made on 24 March, angry users voiced their opinions on social media. Several high-profile Mozilla employees also weighed in. Three board members also recently resigned - but Mozilla said the events were not linked to Mr Eich.
"The three board members ended their terms before Brendan was publicly announced as CEO for a variety of reasons," Mozilla said in a statement.
"Two had been planning to leave for some time, one since January and one explicitly at the end of the CEO search, regardless of the person selected."

Mitchell Baker, Mozilla
The announcement was made by Mitchell Baker, Mozilla's executive chairwoman
But the most damaging act of protest came via dating website OkCupid.
Users who went to the site using Mozilla's Firefox browser were greeted with a message that read: "Hello there, Mozilla Firefox user. Pardon this interruption of your OkCupid experience.
"Mozilla's new CEO, Brendan Eich, is an opponent of equal rights for gay couples. We would therefore prefer that our users not use Mozilla software to access OkCupid."
Mozilla initially defended Mr Eich's appointment, but Ms Baker's blog post announcing the chief executive's departure made apologies for doing so.
"We failed to listen, to engage, and to be guided by our community," she wrote.

She added that any potential replacement for Mr Eich was still being discussed, and that more details would be announced next week.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-26868536
Even when you are a CEO, you can become a victim of liberals' tyranny on society with their political correctness.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Re: USA: Liberals' PC > freedom of speech/opinion...

Nobody will want to know my opinions. but you could probable guess from my smiley :smt078

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

Freedom is a fallacy 8-[
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Bye bye Firefox, uninstalled from my computer from now on. :-D
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Freedom of speech, not freedom from public outcry and consequences.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

I dunno discussion with either side of this debate seems pointless. Blood is the only acceptable currency in this realm. If I was a gambling man I'd bet on the gays they would clearly spill more blood to achieve their goal. So in the end the gay haters must shut up because they are comically weak and cowardly. Survival of the fittest. End of discussion.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Psyko wrote:Freedom of speech, not freedom from public outcry and consequences.
Yeah tyranny of liberal political correctness.
Same as back in USSR, you had full freedom of agreeing with the soviet regime's stance, nowadays it's changed with liberal leftist lobbies' stance.
Sniperwax wrote:I dunno discussion with either side of this debate seems pointless. Blood is the only acceptable currency in this realm. If I was a gambling man I'd bet on the gays they would clearly spill more blood to achieve their goal. So in the end the gay haters must shut up because they are comically weak and cowardly. Survival of the fittest. End of discussion.
Lol what a ridiculous argument! :smt042 You are not even middle aged thinking, but it's antiquity thinking and that's not really something cool you know. ;) Well, there are still Al Qaeda fighters who follow this kind of thinking but well... :-"

"Must shut up" typical average tolerant liberals' kind of speech in such debate. :smt105
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Legendary Apophis wrote:
Same as back in USSR, you had full freedom of agreeing with the soviet regime's stance, nowadays it's changed with liberal leftist lobbies' stance.
Sniperwax wrote:I dunno discussion with either side of this debate seems pointless. Blood is the only acceptable currency in this realm. If I was a gambling man I'd bet on the gays they would clearly spill more blood to achieve their goal. So in the end the gay haters must shut up because they are comically weak and cowardly. Survival of the fittest. End of discussion.
Lol what a ridiculous argument! :smt042 You are not even middle aged thinking, but it's antiquity thinking and that's not really something cool you know. ;) Well, there are still Al Qaeda fighters who follow this kind of thinking but well... :-"

"Must shut up" typical average tolerant liberals' kind of speech in such debate. :smt105
Gay marriage disgusts me. It is pointless trying to stop it at this point however. There are more important issues than this lost cause. Don't let the absurdly drunk Sniperwax who might regret his banter in the morning tell you. Look around you man you are the Indian and the cowboys now have machine guns. You are a museum piece if you choose to be.
Psyko
The Irresistible

Legendary Apophis wrote:
It's not tyranny, as the government isn't what started the backlash. The people were the ones behind this move, more specifically, another corporation was the driving force to cause the uproar.

I didn't say I agreed with the situation or the end results. But if I say something offensive to someone and my friend hears it, they have the ability and the right to cut me down to size for doing so, or even stop being my friend. I can then concede I was in the wrong, or I can stand by my original thought or opinion and move on with my life. This is a much larger scale situation, but that's still pretty much the core of the matter.

There can be consequences for any action.

I'm a firm believer that the government should stay out of our personal lives. I'm pro-choice, pro-marriage equality, and pro-gun. But there are those out there who feel the government should have a say in certain personal aspects of people's daily lives (gay, abortion, etc), but stay out of other things in their personal lives (religion, guns, etc). They can't have their cake and eat it too.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Two things, as much as I hate to, I must side with Psyko. Free speech means you're free to hate people for matters that aren't any of your **Filtered** business, but it also means everyone else is free to hate on you for being a piece of **Filtered**.

That said, I think the whole situation was completely overblown, hypocritical and just plain **Filtered** bull **Filtered**. Just as it ain't none of his business who I marry, it ain't none of my business what his personal politics are. He donated $1,000 to an initiative that was wildly popular in California years ago. I'm all for exposing the lavishly rich who buy politicians. But I think we can all agree that a grand ain't **Filtered**.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Whatever the social media pushes, backed by the Government, who are backed by globalist banks is what is "pc" nowadays.

It's so bad when they give a description on the news of a carjacker, they say he is five foot 8 inches, 150#. (Race would narrow that down substantially, but if they said if they were white or black, their race guilt would set in, plus they would be fired.)

I am not racist, nor homophobic, but I do agree with 100% freedom of speech.
100% freedom to protest peacefully without getting beaten, pepper sprayed, dog bites, or even Guantanamo Bay.....

I have had my facebook tagged and watched by NSA and FBI now for over a year for my political activism involved with a certain group who exposes evils like BoA and Verizon and Church of Scientology. :smt117 ](*,)

Also, to quote a funny comedian........"If you hate gay marraige so bad, its pretty easy to get over it. Don't marry a gay guy!!" Kind of a derp common sense thing there. I care not what people do in their beds, or in their lives as long as I get respect I give it back, and even when not given respect I still try my darndest to live by the Golden Rule. That includes letting people live FREE.
shooty08
Forum Regular
Alliance: The Collective
Race: Hell no, I'm lazy
ID: 1950023

I'm perfectly fine with people speaking their mind, but they have to live with the consequences. I'm not going to protect anyone if they have a view someone else disagrees with. In this case, the perso/company decided that the best course of action was for him to be replaced rather than face continued backlash. The "PC" thing to do would have been to publicly apologize and hire an "image consultant" who would have gotten him to shake hands with George takei while donating an irresponsibly large amount of money to a gay rights group
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

shooty08 wrote:I'm perfectly fine with people speaking their mind, but they have to live with the consequences. I'm not going to protect anyone if they have a view someone else disagrees with. In this case, the perso/company decided that the best course of action was for him to be replaced rather than face continued backlash. The "PC" thing to do would have been to publicly apologize and hire an "image consultant" who would have gotten him to shake hands with George takei while donating an irresponsibly large amount of money to a gay rights group
You got it. :smt112

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”