Player Suggestions?

You all asked for it.
Pak
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Hoosiers
ID: 1950206

Player Suggestions?

My bank is almost full, any suggestions on what I should do?

Currently I don't have anything trained outside of 4 guys to farm and a handful of covert. Should I train more def, offense, covert, anti, focus on spy, more bank?

What's the big advantage of training everything right now? I know that the disadvantage would be to get massed.
"We’re not going to Guam are we?"
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Player Suggestions?

there is no advantage to having any stat

buy UP or techs, something that cant be hurt,
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
arkangel13
Forum Expert
Alliance: RR
ID: 0

TIme to drop some uu on folks this server getting silly and boring.

Lore ud have to agree that this slow game play has out lived its existence. unless growth can be sped up by 30-40% its gonna die slow death.
ImageImage
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

arkangel13 wrote:TIme to drop some uu on folks this server getting silly and boring.

Lore ud have to agree that this slow game play has out lived its existence. unless growth can be sped up by 30-40% its gonna die slow death.

You nor anyone else has yet to explain to me what dumping a massive amount of UU on the game will do?

I still maintain there is no difference in what will happen at 5K or 5 mill.

There are other reason for the "silly and boring" problems in the server, atleast in my eyes.

Perfect example is ascended, we have the same issues at 10 to 20 bill planets as we had at 1 to 2. The size of the realms increasing will only show the faults more prevalently. I have yet to see a valid, well explained reasoning for increasing sizes or growth.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
ramen07
Forum Expert
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects
Race: Paisano

arkangel13 wrote:TIme to drop some uu on folks this server getting silly and boring.

I've said this ever since Origins started....but didn't say anything out loud :lol:
Jack wrote:That's the General folk for ya, always serious with a stick shoved up their ass
General Riviera wrote:You should stop being a spoon, read the forum rules and abide by the them. At least if you choose not to, learn how to break the rules in style.
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient

I remember when 250 uu per day in main was a lot.. The server was still as exciting then as it is now. Just on a much smaller scale.

In Origins though, one alliance controls 90% of page one and its not as easy to dislodge them as it was in the main server in the early days.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Manetheren wrote:I remember when 250 uu per day in main was a lot.. The server was still as exciting then as it is now. Just on a much smaller scale.

In Origins though, one alliance controls 90% of page one and its not as easy to dislodge them as it was in the main server in the early days.

Well things are much different here then when main was young, keep that in mind.

When main was young, most people were still learning as a whole, now we have been here so long everyone basicly knows all the tricks, and how to exploit the faults in the game mechanics. Couple that with the fact $$ came into play so quickly in origins versus how slow it was in main, and the fact all the most active players joined 1 faction and control the server for the most part.

Now that said, its not a stab, its how the game is best played, we all learned this from main and from omega in the early days, just hate seeing past mistakes made over and over. The war right now proves everything I just said to be true.

I still see no arguement as how more UU will change anything. Honestly, what will change if every account got 1 mill UU tonight? Way I see it, nothing will change. Certain people will stay one page 1, and others will keep farming inactives and waiting.

The game mechanics here are different, and highly favor the more active players, and thats fine. Just because it doesnt fit me doesnt mean its a bad game, just means its not a game for me. Origins has the same problem every one of these games have when they are young, too many active/strong/power account huddling together for protection and strength in numbers. The player base is smaller and alliances/factions should be too but they are not and thats the true problem, just like ascended was in the early days as well.

I just hope it doesnt end up with all the active accounts left in 1 alliance.
Reason, youll get dead.
Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person

I havent had the time in the past couple of months to farm with the 45 turns, but yeh anyone able to use those often are given a great advantage.

It isnt actually a bad thing, it should lead to more activity if anything. As for the Drunk Monkies, theyve left me be, and vice versa. But Damn thats one big alliance :shock:
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com
Pak
Fledgling Forumer

I agree that the game has taken a turn of dominance in one direction, however currently that is how the game is setup to be played. If there were more who are active it maybe a different story. So unless something changes/happens, it should be interesting to see where the server is in a few months.

I have just been farming so far as I am still getting my bearings with both Main and Orgins, so I could be a lot more active in the warring front. So I am one of the ones in a wait and see approach, but the longer I wait the more I want to go and do something to see what happens. It will probably cost me tons of units, but will be better than me just sitting around and doing repetitive farming.

I need a few more spy lvls and maybe one more bank size. However, 28 mil for the next upgrade its getting expensive, and I am reluctant to buy my first Suporter package not knowing where this game will be in a few months.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Pak wrote:I agree that the game has taken a turn of dominance in one direction, however currently that is how the game is setup to be played. If there were more who are active it maybe a different story. So unless something changes/happens, it should be interesting to see where the server is in a few months.

I have just been farming so far as I am still getting my bearings with both Main and Orgins, so I could be a lot more active in the warring front. So I am one of the ones in a wait and see approach, but the longer I wait the more I want to go and do something to see what happens. It will probably cost me tons of units, but will be better than me just sitting around and doing repetitive farming.

I need a few more spy lvls and maybe one more bank size. However, 28 mil for the next upgrade its getting expensive, and I am reluctant to buy my first Suporter package not knowing where this game will be in a few months.

If you want a good spirited war that can end at a moments notice look me up ingame and I'll give it to you.
Reason, youll get dead.
arkangel13
Forum Expert
Alliance: RR

I believe at least say 50k uu dropped on accounts would help.

how it would it help ill explain my thoughts.

A. repair naq. 50k uu would make naq hits in range of several million. which in turn would give greater benefit to build strikes to mass.

more uu=more naq=naq to mass defs with. which at this point u can barley mass a def at 500k without losing ur bank of 20 mill

b. more uu= more naq which leads to higher up and covert levels for all.. this means people can actual risc fighting since they can regenerate uu.

c. I beleive most players are not new players in orgins. So the slow game play is killing the exisitng customer base that is now used to what main is.
listen a game thats going to take year to get decent armies in 200-500k range is going to die especially since people cant spend time to farm 45 turns allday and dont want to anymore.

1. different point. cash players have not changed face of game beyond 1 person in game who has 650 up. I can quite honestly say the few dollars i donated to get server going made absolutly no differnce in my rank or alliance stats. I bought my packages so far back that it didnt really help.

2.what helped DM is that we read the directions and asked questions in forums and taught the few players we had how to play game. We jjust happen to train for war and rank to start vs THE way of get UP its the best and will help u 6 months down line. what we sacrificed in UP before we gained every bit back in levels and up due to us being able to fight off spying and save behind high coverts and banked on fact we could use the levels to squash competion which worked perfectly.

----The war that started was due to the DME being back stabbed by an alliance we offered peace to due to server and other folks complaining we were holding people down. YET nobody noes that real reason we sat on DB they tried massing V down several times in begiining of game and didnt succeed so we sat on them then eventually offered peace to try to let server grow.
ImageImage
Pak
Fledgling Forumer

Lore wrote:If you want a good spirited war that can end at a moments notice look me up ingame and I'll give it to you.

I may have to take you up on that sometime soon :D

I can't do it right now as I used up all my turns earlier this week farming and so I will have to build them back up a bit. :?
dresnov
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Lonewolf
Race: system lord
ID: 47909

We need to get more people into the game.

The more active accounts the better.

The game is still young.

1,730 players total

I say about 700 of them people are active if even that, so we just have to get people interested in the game.
Pak
Fledgling Forumer

dresnov wrote:We need to get more people into the game.

The game is still young.

1,730 players total

I say about 700 of them people are active if even that, so we just have to get people interested in the game.

Agreed, where are all the big players from main at? They don't want to play orgins after the monkies jumped out to such a lead?

P.S. I love the Winnie the Pooh sig, it makes me laugh everytime I see it.
Q Man
blarney stone

dresnov wrote:We need to get more people into the game.

The game is still young.

1,730 players total

i'd be suprised at more than 500 being active, i agree that all we need is more active players and maybe another few larger alliances! i think more advertising would help!

but thats just my opinion! :D
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man

Return to “Origins General Chat”