So what!?

You all asked for it.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

So what!?

Well.. personally...I think Origins has become a shambles. What started off... with and as a great hope for the future of SGW has begun and will continue to slowly drain down the plug hole... so what went wrong with our latest attempt at Star Gate Salvation?

Personally.. I think gary primarily went wrong in two places...

1. The ppt system. Was abysmal and did not avoid the point of me making my suggestion to begin with. People got lucky, people with more time than sense sat by and waited for the ppt's to end.. and the advantage was gained.

2. Greed. Greed of our admins. The ability of SS and the likes was not brought into main until sometime AFTER it's initial release.. and the same should have been done here. With the ability to buy such huge amounts of resources.. it was too easy for certain money spenders to buy their way to the top and hang onto it indefinitely.

other problems arise from the beta being too short so the actual game play had far too many kinks in it, and the admin that once listened to his players.. stopping to listen.

Ultimately... I am disappointed, and applaud anyone else still playing with any margin of common sense.. to hang up your account and walk away. Return to main and help us get it changed.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: So what!?

Feeling like a generic rant, are we.
Are you even playing the game?

You raise a few good points, but why should that be a reason to leave?
True, AdminGary has not been posting as much as in the first month, and the game would have benefited from a longer beta. Despite the fact that some of us foresaw that, it is still hindsight. Easy to talk.
If we could all agree to a new start of this game, a new, much longer beta, after which the game is reset and we can enjoy a clean, real game.

So.. after this, I do agree with you. I just do not agree with your desperate call for the people to come to Main. Jason is taking care of Main and Ascension within the coming months, that is sure. If AdminGary can show his activity a bit more to the players, I believe the current playerbase can assist in making this game work.
Even if it requires a blunt weapon, like I described.

ps. AdminGary is around almost everyday, three times a day. He doesn't post as much, so you might have the idea he isn't here. He is. And he reads. Except when he was away on holiday, but you can hardly hold that against him.
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Still Workin On That
ID: 1908396

money spenders?
i didnt get a first SS pack til quite a while into game.
as per a reset,most of the people actually playing full time origins that have spent real money on the game would have a big issue loosing all there assets they payed for on a game that stated NO RESETS<---
im no law major but im pretty sure there would be some pretty big issues from that standpoint as well.
as per advantage,well semper,it requires that 1 ACTUALLY plays and farms.
are you still using the name anubis? if so 2545 ATs isnt what most call active,thats called a farm.
i have 11 rested turns....
and telling folks to quit this game and go play main is just plain stupid.
"ya quit here go play main get caught up in massive server war and watch your account get plowed in under 10 seconds by MS's that just can be compeated with..."
hey here is an idea how bout you go into main and spout off to have them reset there im sure JT,and a few others would just love that idea heh.
silly silly semper.
as per dead i got Origins 27 new players ACTIVE players over the last 2 weeks,"no they are not monkies LOL!"they are just guys and 2 girls that are fed up in main.
and as per spending money to play...if no money,no servers,no servers no SGW games.
unless that is if you intend to pay the game admins server costs....
didnt think so.
well you have a nice day and move on,kill joys are just that...kill joys.
and as you put it,"walk away".
~Vengeance Of Origins
"My gun is a simple tool that converts useless human trash into high quality fertalizer."
Proud Member Of PETA,"People Eating Tasty Animals"!
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

Semper wrote:the admin that once listened to his players.. stopping to listen.

Ouch.

I'd like to point out that just because I don't make posts every day does not mean that I don't read what is going on in the forums every day.

I also don't have nearly as much time to work on origins as I once did, I am sorry that you feel this way.
SOlid Snake
Forum Newbie
Alliance: ??????
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 2147483647

Just ignore semper, you've done a good job on Origins so far.

If people paid cash in Origins and didn't know it was resetting after the bugs are worked out and the game play is tweaked, then tough luck, they should have read up properly.

Once the game resets I will support the game now and then, only seems fair to me.

Those who want something for nothing should just shut the frack up and sit at the back of the bus, comprehend me amigos?!

So... When is the reset happening Gaz?

Soon I hope???? :-D
{The Legions Of Outer Haven}

{Freeman-on-the-Land}
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular

SOlid Snake wrote:Just ignore semper, you've done a good job on Origins so far.

If people paid cash in Origins and didn't know it was resetting after the bugs are worked out and the game play is tweaked, then tough luck, they should have read up properly.

Once the game resets I will support the game now and then, only seems fair to me.

Those who want something for nothing should just shut the frack up and sit at the back of the bus, comprehend me amigos?!

So... When is the reset happening Gaz?

Soon I hope???? :-D

please direct me to the topic and or game guide that states there will be a reset after bugs are worked out.
this game was moved from beta to live with the advertisement that,
"StarGateWars-Origins
No Reset. Old(er) School Rules. Slower Growth. A classic!"
^guess someone needs to read properly themselves.
as per cash,ITS FOR THE SERVER <----
unless of course gary is D.Trump incogneto LOL!
~Vengeance Of Origins
"My gun is a simple tool that converts useless human trash into high quality fertalizer."
~Lord Shizzo~
Forum Grunt

yeah could you please post a link of where the post is where it says that the server was going to be reset after the "bugs" were worked out. because ive looked through the forum a lot and havent seen it.. I figured once the game went "live", that was that and no restarts would happen from that point as the game advertised.
if the server resets i hope that whoever payed money for this game get there money refunded or else probably people will be taking legal actions for false advertisement.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I agree with Sempers disciptions of some of the serious things that went wrong, and the forwarnings from experianced players who had already been through them,,,,,, but thats all said and done now.

Origins is Origins. Its a totally different game and its engeneered for totally different people. It stands alone on so many levels and is unique as well. I think it still has great potential. Sadly I still maintain the most damage is done by the players and the problems created can not be cured with code.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
~Lord Shizzo~
Forum Grunt

so basically the people who do enjoy the game and support the game by putting money into the game are out of luck. And the people that haven't help with money to support the server and DON'T play the game (why don't you play the game? is it because it's too slow? how's a restart going to fix the slowness of the game? is it because your not high ranked? maybe you should farm more often, upgrade your banks so you can save for those covert/anti levels, UP, etc., do you not like origins because its not like main?)
i mean seriously a restart is not necessary at all.

ive personally have donated $$ twice, because i fell like i should donate to this game to help for costs. I pay for all my other games i play, why shouldn't i help out this one? i mean i pay FOR the game then some games i pay monthly fees. Do people think this game runs on sugar and water and
little gnomes and fairies running the server? the fact is, it runs on cold hard cash.

if you think the game is too slow, well maybe we do need a boost in units, maybe a boost in UP or a boost in naq production for like a month.

i really havent seen anyone give a good reason why Origins should be reset other then they are mad about the game being slow. and to me that's not a good enough reason to reset
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I still cant figure out why everyone keeps saying they want a boost? Its not going to change anything, its not going to speed up anything, and its not going to change peoples play styles.

Why people want another ascended is beyond me.

You can do the same things at 50K army size you can at 50 mill.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
~Lord Shizzo~
Forum Grunt

lol idc if we get a boost or not, was just making a statement.
why does everyone want a reset? it's not going to make anything faster either or change anything or anyones play styles.
it's the same thing either way just wrapped up differently
Q Man
blarney stone

personally i believe that the game wasn't advertised well enough and wasn't made overly appealing!

if we had more active players i believe that the game would improve greatly
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular

"still waiting for the link as per the reset after bugs are worked out".

StarGateWars-Origins
No Reset. Old(er) School Rules. Slower Growth. A classic!

and Lore...please keep in mind,you do wear a DDE tag in"cough" another game and many view DDE as more so or just as bad as current origin players ever could be,you dont see current origin players waging wars because there bored on pages 1-150 like DDE did and does on main.
isnt your above statement like the kettle calling the pot black?
"mean no disrepect to an admin Lore just stating a FACT,i have played main since nearly the start,"cough",and speaking for the monkies,we could only HOPE to do as lame things as the DDE and Omega have done.
LOL wonder if main got reset what would happen..we will never know.

and again,i would like to point out that this is a WAR game,missing a week of farming = a month of setback.
or like a alliance of like 40 starting a war they cant win and loosing there players to the abiss.
as per this mystery reset i keep seeing posted about in here,as i and others have pointed out,once you except $ for your product under the intent of NO RESET,a reset can result in very bad issues i have seen this in other games,not only in player loss but in matters of the law unless the reset includes = compensation for $ payed via SS packs at reset.
all we can do is let gary do his job and add to the game,get it out there published and get a bit more players interested,but the game is slow and this will only draw a crowd that expects that.
~Vengeance Of Origins
arkangel13
Forum Expert
Alliance: RR

SEMPER how about you shut ur damn mouth already. you dont play main u dont play orgins how about u go away. Funny how ur main account stays dead and you yourself said many times u have better things to do then play sgw yet your in here spouting off about orgins..

You are a forum **Filtered** and hypocrite. time to delete al ur accounts and go away forever.
ImageImage
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder
Alliance: Nemesis Tempest
Race: Necromonger
ID: 1961274

I kind of like the new look on origins. I came off vac after the redeployment from Iraq and had a pleasant surprise. Hope it continues to improve and surprise.

Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)

Return to “Origins General Chat”