So what!?

You all asked for it.
bigcakes
Forum Elite
Alliance: DSL
Race: WorldEnder
ID: 1908950

Re: So what!?

i like origins, its just i know that i couldnt war and win since most people have higher productions to replenish troops so if i built stats they would just be taken and i would get farther behind.
kbye
john
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Still Workin On That
ID: 1908396

~Vengeance wrote:"still waiting for the link as per the reset after bugs are worked out".

StarGateWars-Origins
No Reset. Old(er) School Rules. Slower Growth. A classic!

and Lore...please keep in mind,you do wear a DDE tag in"cough" another game and many view DDE as more so or just as bad as current origin players ever could be,you dont see current origin players waging wars because there bored on pages 1-150 like DDE did and does on main.
isnt your above statement like the kettle calling the pot black?
"mean no disrepect to an admin Lore just stating a FACT,i have played main since nearly the start,"cough",and speaking for the monkies,we could only HOPE to do as lame things as the DDE and Omega have done.
LOL wonder if main got reset what would happen..we will never know.

and again,i would like to point out that this is a WAR game,missing a week of farming = a month of setback.
or like a alliance of like 40 starting a war they cant win and loosing there players to the abiss.
as per this mystery reset i keep seeing posted about in here,as i and others have pointed out,once you except $ for your product under the intent of NO RESET,a reset can result in very bad issues i have seen this in other games,not only in player loss but in matters of the law unless the reset includes = compensation for $ payed via SS packs at reset.
all we can do is let gary do his job and add to the game,get it out there published and get a bit more players interested,but the game is slow and this will only draw a crowd that expects that.

:-k
~Vengeance Of Origins
"My gun is a simple tool that converts useless human trash into high quality fertalizer."
Proud Member Of PETA,"People Eating Tasty Animals"!
SOlid Snake
Forum Newbie
Alliance: ??????
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 2147483647

~Vengeance wrote:"still waiting for the link as per the reset after bugs are worked out".

Go search for yourself, I'm not your wet nurse, boy...

Let Gary answer my question first, eh?

Patience is a virtue you know...

Peace. V
{The Legions Of Outer Haven}

{Freeman-on-the-Land}
arkangel13
Forum Expert
Alliance: RR
ID: 0

first of all if there was a reset it would have had happened when it went from beta to active 2 months ago or so. there will be no reset so not sure why u fruits keep thinking there will be.

and V your told to go find it yourself cause they have no idea where it is due to them fabricating a rumor which will never happen.
ImageImage
[BERSERKER]
Forum Regular
Race: Tauri

The only reason that people are on top right now is because they started ON TIME, and they were CONTINUOUSLY active.

Now I don't hold the best account in this game, but I worked to get it respectable through plenty of devotion to farming.

The game rewards activity and strategy, the reason the people are on top that they are is because their strategy was to play hard, and collaborate to produce spy levels that are greater than the competition, using those levels to gain a foothold.

This is not to say that the current political nature of the game cannot be changed, but people saying they want the reset so it can change instantly is plain stupid.

The next time around, it may not be the same people that get to the top, but SOMEBODY will get there, through determination and a bit of luck, regardless of how many times you restart.

I believe the people that are cheering for a reset are those that are not there, and want to erase everybody's progress for the sake of making it easier for them to get there.
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

SOlid Snake wrote:So... When is the reset happening Gaz?

The reset happened at the start of Feb 2009.
I don't know who is going around saying origins will reset.

To make sure everyone is on the same page though.
Origins Login Page wrote:So join the fight with and against hundreds of players in a persistent realm.

http://origins.stargatewars.com/updates.php wrote:Feb 1st, 2009 - Game Released to the public.
Happy hunting
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular

:smt023
~Vengeance Of Origins
"My gun is a simple tool that converts useless human trash into high quality fertalizer."
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

arkangel13 wrote:SEMPER how about you shut ur damn mouth already. you dont play main u dont play orgins how about u go away. Funny how ur main account stays dead and you yourself said many times u have better things to do then play sgw yet your in here spouting off about orgins..

You are a forum **Filtered** and hypocrite. time to delete al ur accounts and go away forever.

:lol:

I've seen and done a lot more things than you son... shut your trap.. and learn how to actually play the game and to post with some margin of intelligence and people might listen to you around here.

I did want a rant.. because I was greatly looking forward to origins.. and I was hugely disappointed. I log in, from time to time.. praying it's been changed.. but I get turned back and refuse to waste my time committing to a game that will have no future..

It does reward activity.. every single online game rewards activity.. so Austin that point is too generic to stand within reason as a defence.

I was here in SGW four years ago.. and I warned the entire community about PPT, SS and Ascension. They did not listen, and now I find it ironic that 90% of the players that tore me a new one those years ago blame those very things for a lot of the problems with main SGW. One of them.. one of the biggest culprits the PPT and SS system is here.

I stand, and I warn you again. They have already begun to have the same effects.. and they will be part of the downfall for your game Gary.

Perhaps I was wrong to shoot down Origins altogether. But if you want utter morons such as my quoted man here.. running amok at the TOP END of your game. If you wont listen to someone who has been there and done it many many times. Then so be it. :)

*makes motions of washing hands*

Best of luck to you kids..
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
arkangel13
Forum Expert

SEE YAH.
ImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Come, come.. no need to be hateful to each other..
Semper, Ark.. tssk, tssk. ;)
arkangel13
Forum Expert

IM not being mean. you know urself UNIVERSE he stated he doesnt play main and his orgin acount clearly shows he hasnt played orgins.

Yet he comes in here bashing a game he doesnt play. Saying it sucks yet AGAIN he doesnt play it.

OH noes SS packages oh noes PPTS oh noes this oh noes that. Hes more worried about complaining and trying to ruin what game we have for his own personal vendetta against AG.

Whats funny is semper states he doesnt have time for online games cause hes to busy doing other off pc things yet he has the time to complain and post every 10 mins and bash a game that he has no time to play anyways.

semper is a forum junkie and rather argue like a little kid that didnt get his way then play the hands dealt in here.
ImageImage
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder
Alliance: Nemesis Tempest
Race: Necromonger
ID: 1961274

Just a question for AdminGary. Is there any thought of raiding being added to origins? Just curious since the growth rate is very slow. No problem if it's not coming in, just wondering.

Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular

Lonewolf1968 wrote:Just a question for AdminGary. Is there any thought of raiding being added to origins? Just curious since the growth rate is very slow. No problem if it's not coming in, just wondering.

raiding would be a very-very bad idea,as most players hold untrained as a stock pile to prevent loss while building personal assets.

IE:
players at over 10 k or more often have 7k or more untrained.

raiding would give those that are able the chance to grow so big so fast that
most on server couldnt keep up let alone compete.
~Vengeance Of Origins
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder
Alliance: Nemesis Tempest
Race: Necromonger
ID: 1961274

~Vengeance wrote:
Lonewolf1968 wrote:Just a question for AdminGary. Is there any thought of raiding being added to origins? Just curious since the growth rate is very slow. No problem if it's not coming in, just wondering.

raiding would be a very-very bad idea,as most players hold untrained as a stock pile to prevent loss while building personal assets.

IE:
players at over 10 k or more often have 7k or more untrained.

raiding would give those that are able the chance to grow so big so fast that
most on server couldnt keep up let alone compete.

true, just trying to liven it up a little. Been playing and just came off vac. Haven't spent any $$ there yet and am doing alright so far.

Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

~Vengeance wrote:
~Vengeance wrote:"still waiting for the link as per the reset after bugs are worked out".AFAIK there isnt one, and no idea why anyone thinks there is one or why they are calling for one. My goodness the games not 6 months old and people want a reset already? maybe we need a Origins Quantum?

StarGateWars-Origins
No Reset. Old(er) School Rules. Slower Growth. A classic!*just noted for all those wanting butloads of UU dropped on every account to "eccelerate" growth.

and Lore...please keep in mind,you do wear a DDE tag in"cough" another game Yes in another game I'm DDE, and another I'm in legion, and another im in Silent assasins, so really whats your point? I thought this was origins? I thought this is were we discuss origins, not main SGW?and many view DDE as more so or just as bad as current origin players ever could be,Again, what does main SGW and DDE in main SGW have to do with origins?you dont see current origin players waging wars because there bored on pages 1-150 like DDE did and does on main.oh really? you sure you want to go down this road? Because as I remeber it it was you who first attacked me, foir no reason, atleast none given, and then it was your alliance who again attacked me, and the third time I was given a reason. I changed over to my new weapons and hit page 1 and was massed for it.
isnt your above statement like the kettle calling the pot black?Since I dont compare the two games but look at them as individuals, seems more to me the kettle/pot comment fits you much better
"mean no disrepect to an admin LoreMy name is Lore, no need to address me as Admin unless you are expecting feedback as admin. I am just a regular player who wants the same as you, a good game, and nothing more. just stating a FACT,i have played main since nearly the start,"cough",and speaking for the monkies,we could only HOPE to do as lame things as the DDE and Omega have done.Your hopes and dreams for you and your alliance are yours alone, as they should be. I can't see why you feel the need to cross the two games, nor why you can't understand that all most people want is for the SAME mistakes to not be repeated. Hinesight is a wonderful thing, but if you ignore what you learned from the last game, the new one wont be much better will it?
LOL wonder if main got reset what would happen..we will never know.

and again,i would like to point out that this is a WAR game,missing a week of farming = a month of setback.I fully 100% agree with you, as I said earlier, the game is unigue and geared for a different set of player. Just because the game isnt aimed at me doesnt mean its a bad game, just means its not right for me.
or like a alliance of like 40 starting a war they cant win and loosing there players to the abiss.I wont bite on this one, i have my opinion but dont care to share it unless someone asked privately.
as per this mystery reset i keep seeing posted about in here,as i and others have pointed out,once you except $ for your product under the intent of NO RESET,a reset can result in very bad issues i have seen this in other games,not only in player loss but in matters of the law unless the reset includes = compensation for $ payed via SS packs at reset.I agree yet disagree. It clearly states in the rules that you are guarenteed nothing when you donate. period. Also, in every case I have ever seen all $$/SS donations were always accounted for on any reset ever done on a game i was involved with. Now I do believe just like you do, if you market a "non resetable" then thats exactly what it should be. It why I don't play Q or chaos. Those who do not have large amounts of free time but are still very committed tend to fair better in long term non resetables. You couldnt take a week off from Q and expect to stay caught up, but you can take a month off from main and not really even miss a beat.
all we can do is let gary do his job and add to the game,get it out there published and get a bit more players interested,but the game is slow and this will only draw a crowd that expects that.I'm not arguing this point with you, because frankly I agree with you. I just see it differently. As you said its maketed as a non resetable, and its also marketed as StarGateWars-Origins Slower Growth. A classic!
[/color]

:-k

Not sure where your trying to go with this, but ill replied to a few points.

I dont bash you or your alliance so I see no need for you to attempt to bash me or mine in another game. Lets keep it in origins if thats ok with you. I'll tell you just as I told Easy and FS. I know well and good where I stand and who I stand with and what I stand for. I can't control the actions of others no more then you. That doesnt change the fact that I as a player will fight to improve the games I play no matter the bearing on my account or alliance. Even if I myself or my alliance has made mistake (Since I'm not in one in origins the point is mute) it doesnt stop me or anyone else from hoping the same mistakes wont happen again and again. I stand behind what I say, the biggest problems in these games are "player" oriented and can not be fixed by code. If you think thats is directed at you or your alliance then thats your loss and your mistake because it is not.

masses of non committed players who wont fight back are just as much of a problem as all the most active players banding together. If you choose to associate that to you then again your mistake as it is a generalization and a fact.

Maybe Origins isnt to slow for the player base, maybe the player base is to fast for origins? Neither is for me to say. I play when I can, I do what I can, and I voice my opinion when appropriate because I am a player of origins and thats my right to do so. But I see a very small % of origins as vocal, again thats a player issue and cant be fixed with code. Whats it really mean tho? Maybe most are fine with the game as it is? maybe they are too lazy to say. IDK
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Origins General Chat”