So what!?

You all asked for it.
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder
Alliance: Nemesis Tempest
Race: Necromonger
ID: 1961274

Re: So what!?

I like origins just fine Lore. I like the addition of the spy and attack buttons. I play origins VERY actively and will continue to do so as long as I play any computer game. :-D

Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)
Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person
ID: 0

****** Since my knowledge of game mechanics is very limited on this server, the follwing may be factually in accurate. So...whoops in advance. Also this isnt directed at semper or anyone in particular*****

As it stands a 500k defence will hold off most farmers.

Whilst the highest defences are essentially unmassable by a lonewolf.

The question is, is that an issue? That assets are hard to lose? In a similar vein is rebuilding these assets harder?

The game promotes co-ordination between individuals at the expense of singular power. I Tried to take on Dexx + Godlike + The System Lords & found out quickly that it couldnt be done on my own. The covert function of this game has a higher value then main ( it helps that 90% of the server arent aware that the covert troops operate different roles then main) and therefore i took a fair chunk of weaponary down, yet couldnt take men with it. I had fun on the learning curve, and me + dexx had decent dialogue.

My point is, the games what you make it. If you actively seek entertainment its there. ATM i farm every couple of days, pound my up in 100 increments & then work on my bank + Cov.

I think alot of people just dont like adjusting to new ways of playing.
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Still Workin On That
ID: 1908396

defence fighting is very simple no defence is safe if the proper tactic is applied.
the problem is IF you want a players def you need to insure that you test the water first,see the repair cost then use your covert skills to remove a portion of the defence power pre-mass.
you can also spread out the attacks like chippin a stone with smaller strikes hitting the same larger target,once those weapons go its game on.
point in tern is that origins IS a high risk game via combat.
hence if you are unsure how to combat,simply dont unless you ask questions and learn first.
in origins its the firepower you CANT see that can do you in fast,also remember if you are taken out by a player who understands the stats,what they loose in the attack they may regain in a few turns where as you may not regain for 2-4,or more days via UP.
i recently attempted to assist Lore,where the ,"what i loose vs your loss ",
was demonstrated.
simply if you have questions ask,if you are unsure...
just dont attempt to start a war or conflict without the understanding that your opponent may be more,skilled then yourself and quit when you loose.
part of the game or any game is to learn by mistakes and dont repeat them.
~Vengeance Of Origins
"My gun is a simple tool that converts useless human trash into high quality fertalizer."
Proud Member Of PETA,"People Eating Tasty Animals"!
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

The game started out with a great hope of being a good game, but some of the ideas put forward and introduced, turned it into Main 2.0 and i stated this before, there was nothing wrong with the speed of the game at the start, MAIN started off slow 4 years ago,

The problem is people wanted to play a faster paced game but not main, so the ideas put forward, IE, make massing easier, make repair costs cheaper, etc etc, and i stated on these ideas to admin that when the game was dead in 1 year come back and read the posts to see why, and it seems from some other posts that the game is boarder line dead already.....

Then to top it off i seen someone say, give everyone 1 mill UU to boost the game along, it wont work.....

Fact is, people at the start formed alliances, ( and why not to help each other ) the problem is, they pick on smaller guys and keep them down, game dies, new people join get bullied from the start and never come back, then the people that bully throw out the its a war game crap they cant handle 1 or 2 hits they shouldnt play, and then wonder why the game dies.....

I played the game from the start and was very active up until about 2 weeks ago when i set vac mode, and i dont plan on coming off, im glad i didnt spend $$ on SS, as this game will not last, due to updates introduced by people to suit only there game style.

So to the bullies of the game, and the massers who wanted lower repair costs and easier to mass others, congrats to you for destroying the game before it got started, enjoy your ghost server.

GeneralChaos - Out...
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
arkangel13
Forum Expert
Alliance: RR

GC u dont know what ur talking about. massing defs is crazy expensive and takes a team to do it. also who were bullies.
ImageImage
Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person

Honestly GC i never understood your objections to lower repair costs.

As it was the farming was exclusive to inactive accounts. I know not many people are farming currently but back then having 10 weapons would give you a top 10 strike the ratios were that out of whack.

Have you tried massing solo? The naq needed + the bank space for repairs makes it a chore.
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com
arkangel13
Forum Expert
Alliance: RR

nope tek he doesnt know squat. he opens mouth like semper who doesnt play game yet complains. same as GC opens mouth but doesnt play.
ImageImage
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder
Alliance: Nemesis Tempest
Race: Necromonger
ID: 1961274

What I would like to know, is AdminGary, going to add an Alliance Attack log as we have in main. It would be beneficial to be able to see who has attacked your Alliance or whom your Alliance has attacked while you were logged off.

Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Still Workin On That
ID: 1908396

Lonewolf1968 wrote:What I would like to know, is AdminGary, going to add an Alliance Attack log as we have in main. It would be beneficial to be able to see who has attacked your Alliance or whom your Alliance has attacked while you were logged off.

:smt023
~Vengeance Of Origins
"My gun is a simple tool that converts useless human trash into high quality fertalizer."
Proud Member Of PETA,"People Eating Tasty Animals"!
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

it doesnt have the down side main had, in exposing all of someones personal farms, so I see no harm in adding it.

I'd still like to see the math you came up with on the info I sent you tho AG.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
wundas
Forum Newbie
Alliance: T I T A N S
Race: NanoTiMaster

~Vengeance wrote:
Lonewolf1968 wrote:What I would like to know, is AdminGary, going to add an Alliance Attack log as we have in main. It would be beneficial to be able to see who has attacked your Alliance or whom your Alliance has attacked while you were logged off.

:smt023

:smt023 2nd :) PS: i DO play origins.... just under a different name :)

Return to “Origins General Chat”