Does admin exist any longer?

You all asked for it.
Rathak
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Does admin exist any longer?

i would/nt talk bad about the admin!

but my question is does admin gary get back any time??
does he exist any longer??
or can he put into an second admin who work on the game??

and i think this is the main question in this game!!

ok this game works so that we can play but it is sooooooo slow! thats an real horror!!! (matches to the time xD)

so pls tell me is something changing here at any point or not?

regards
Sammael
Alteran
ID: 36867
Alternate name(s): Sammael

Re: Does admin exist any longer?

He does exists but its Jason who does game changes and updates and it takes a little while to write the code and get the ideas and iron out the kinks.

Its a turn Based game it wont get much faster its not like a RPG or a frist person shooter.
~ Sammael The UnKnown of the ORI ~

~ The Tank ~

War Never Changes, Just The People Who Fight It
In The Service of Nemesis Empire
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Rathak
Forum Newbie

ok!

so the admins are still working on the game?!?
Sammael
Alteran
ID: 36867
Alternate name(s): Sammael

to as far as my knowledge they are but that wont be like 24/7 there is a admin meeting very Wednesday night on IRC.
~ Sammael The UnKnown of the ORI ~

~ The Tank ~

War Never Changes, Just The People Who Fight It
In The Service of Nemesis Empire
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Still Workin On That
ID: 1908396

Mr. Immature wrote:to as far as my knowledge they are but that wont be like 24/7 there is a admin meeting very Wednesday night on IRC.

when a game involves money,one would expect a bit more.....show eh?

AdminGary
Origins Server Administrator
Last visited: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:21 pm

Gary said new project then vanished ,the VERY least he could do is tell us the project,new game,fixing old game,whatever....
question,if you sold gas and the tank runs dry,do you sit there...
or order more gas to earn a living?
Origins has run to a dry tank,and its admin...well he opened a cookie store instead of more gas left us all hangin broke. :-k
~Vengeance Of Origins
"My gun is a simple tool that converts useless human trash into high quality fertalizer."
Proud Member Of PETA,"People Eating Tasty Animals"!
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Now it's friday meeting if not mistaken, changed last month. :)

I'm curious where Gary did go as well..
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

they've all realised Origins is a failure and have high tailed it out of here... but they don't get rid of the game because of how much some people have invested in it.

This weeks admin meet.. I am gonna try and sort Jason out a bit more.. because atm he's too concerned with changing things (on here and main) due to the $$ guys moaning at him for their wasted cash (yes, that IS a quote from the horses mouth himself..)
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
~Lord Shizzo~
Forum Grunt

Origins might be a failure, but i think they can still turn it around. They just need to do something, what that something is, i dont know.
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular

Semper wrote:they've all realised Origins is a failure and have high tailed it out of here... but they don't get rid of the game because of how much some people have invested in it.

This weeks admin meet.. I am gonna try and sort Jason out a bit more.. because atm he's too concerned with changing things (on here and main) due to the $$ guys moaning at him for their wasted cash (yes, that IS a quote from the horses mouth himself..)

spending 2k real money on 2 accounts then giving those accounts away was the main failing as for the misuse of SS packs.
SS packs never should have been allowed ingame atleast for the first 6-12 months.
im pretty sure if you look in here long enough youll see like oh..a ton of posts on that point heh.

as for the moaning...
if you buy 400$ in tires for your truck and they go flat without warranty...
because you spent 400$ on the tires does it mean you leave the truck idle forever...
or do you man up and spend 400$ or less on new tires and drive on...
so fixing the game,resetting,or even a complete new game to replace Origins should still happen,the admins are in this to make money yes?
so if someone spends 1$ 6 months ago then spends 0$ for the next 3 years is that a good call for a reason not to revamp,fix and reset?
admins need to get together,pull in all BAD areas fix them add in a few twists and reload the new inproved version,we actually have a Origins idea area that has been ignored for what..
since the game started LOL!
if you spend money to support the admins/site,then no one should have issues with a new game or a improved game/reset.
you guys do know there are SQW games that reset yes?
ive spent money on the game,and ive not,"moaned",once about them fixing the game heck i know ALOT of players that spend/spent money that are not moaning...
infact most have actually left the game.

oh well atleast main server is like the energizer bunny...
it keeps going and going...and going :lol:

but a fresh new clean game would be nice.
~Vengeance Of Origins
"My gun is a simple tool that converts useless human trash into high quality fertalizer."
Q Man
blarney stone

~Nemisis~ wrote:
Mr. Immature wrote:to as far as my knowledge they are but that wont be like 24/7 there is a admin meeting very Wednesday night on IRC.

when a game involves money,one would expect a bit more.....show eh?

AdminGary
Origins Server Administrator
Last visited: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:21 pm

Gary said new project then vanished ,the VERY least he could do is tell us the project,new game,fixing old game,whatever....
question,if you sold gas and the tank runs dry,do you sit there...
or order more gas to earn a living?
Origins has run to a dry tank,and its admin...well he opened a cookie store instead of more gas left us all hangin broke. :-k

:-k

i've an idea of what the new game could be, may be wrong though :P :lol:
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
dresnov
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Lonewolf
Race: system lord
ID: 47909

This game has been dying for a long long time..like 3 weeks after it come out or something like that.

R.I.P Origins.
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular

dresnov wrote:This game has been dying for a long long time..like 3 weeks after it come out or something like that.

R.I.P Origins.

:-({|=
~Vengeance Of Origins
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

~Nemisis~ wrote:
Semper wrote:they've all realised Origins is a failure and have high tailed it out of here... but they don't get rid of the game because of how much some people have invested in it.

spending 2k real money on 2 accounts then giving those accounts away was the main failing as for the misuse of SS packs.
SS packs never should have been allowed ingame atleast for the first 6-12 months.
im pretty sure if you look in here long enough youll see like oh..a ton of posts on that point heh.

as for the moaning...
if you buy 400$ in tires for your truck and they go flat without warranty...
because you spent 400$ on the tires does it mean you leave the truck idle forever...
or do you man up and spend 400$ or less on new tires and drive on...
so fixing the game,resetting,or even a complete new game to replace Origins should still happen,the admins are in this to make money yes?
so if someone spends 1$ 6 months ago then spends 0$ for the next 3 years is that a good call for a reason not to revamp,fix and reset?
admins need to get together,pull in all BAD areas fix them add in a few twists and reload the new inproved version,we actually have a Origins idea area that has been ignored for what..
since the game started LOL!
if you spend money to support the admins/site,then no one should have issues with a new game or a improved game/reset.
you guys do know there are SQW games that reset yes?
ive spent money on the game,and ive not,"moaned",once about them fixing the game heck i know ALOT of players that spend/spent money that are not moaning...
infact most have actually left the game.

oh well atleast main server is like the energizer bunny...
it keeps going and going...and going :lol:

but a fresh new clean game would be nice.

I didn't read past the first few lines if I am honest.. you associate yourself with some of the most moronic absent minded idiots I have ever known so a lengthy post didn't seem worth my time to read.

From what I did read in regards to their being a lot of post's and the SS needing to wait all I can say is..well.. duh! I was one of the ones campaigning for it.. there are lots of things they should have done.. but the people such as myself who've been around for the start of oh...more than 8 mmorpg's were not listened too.. Gary was warned this is what would happen and shocker.. I was right again. :lol:
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Isn't it wonderful that to be a prophet all you need to do is spout some self-fulfilling prophecies, and voilá.

Have to say, the perseverance of those still playing is admirable. Regular sheep would have run off to greener pastures long ago.
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular

"you associate yourself with some of the most moronic absent minded idiots I have ever known..."

and who might they be?
your comment refers to about 75% of all SGW players these days......

anyhow the post simply pointed out issues in Origins.
that even a "moronic absent minded idiot",could understand...
maybe not you....but most :-$
~Vengeance Of Origins

Return to “Origins General Chat”