Bank

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Re: Bank

LegendaryApophis wrote:Why do people are obsessed with "everything" killable?
It's not like this is going to be sgw.de, where you can have 100% spies trained and no problem happening to you. There will be AC, it's sufficient. No "safe superstat" will be left, and considering how much uu generate income...it's not like it's going to be a drama if they aren't killable (they are far from being like miners).
Oh and in sgw.de uu are killable...BUT...covert isn't. Here covert is killable, it's enough.

because that is one of the fundamental problems with the current SGW system. You cannot win a fight.

How do you win a fight, a war? You destroy your enemy. It WILL be like .de where people make sniper accounts with their nigh unkillable spies and uu.

If everything is killable, no one can ever be in a position of power without something to lose, and thats how it should be.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Semper wrote:
It's not like this is going to be sgw.de, where you can have 100% spies trained and no problem happening to you. There will be AC, it's sufficient. No "safe superstat" will be left, and considering how much uu generate income...it's not like it's going to be a drama if they aren't killable (they are far from being like miners).
Oh and in sgw.de uu are killable...BUT...covert isn't. Here covert is killable, it's enough.

because that is one of the fundamental problems with the current SGW system. You cannot win a fight.

How do you win a fight, a war? You destroy your enemy. It WILL be like .de where people make sniper accounts with their nigh unkillable spies and uu.

If everything is killable, no one can ever be in a position of power without something to lose, and thats how it should be.

In origins, spies will be killed. And there's a function in sgw.de for killing attack troops (mistaken with killing uu by me, been corrected on it).
No point in having everything killable as:
spies can be killed
uu are NOT miners (production)

Having everything killable makes a game uninteresting to play (like what ascended server used to be in beginning). Spies being killable is way enough, and if people not satisfied enough...kill little amount of attack troops. But do NOT touch uu.
semper

LegendaryApophis wrote:
Semper wrote:

In origins, spies will be killed. And there's a function in sgw.de for killing attack troops (mistaken with killing uu by me, been corrected on it).
spies can be killed

Which once again is pointless jim as thats exactly how SGW is now.. lol. Spies can be killed and miners (which in origins is uu) not killed. . I mean uu can be raided.. but thats about it.. as soon as you train them as miners you have indefinite power base to act from, which is not quite right.

Obviously uu should only be killable after defence and strike have been removed. (as if strike takes up the old role of defence, they will be next to be killed off, as soon as you have 3 retaliation then the attacks should start murdering uu down to that 'bottom line' %).
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Semper wrote:
LegendaryApophis wrote:
Semper wrote:

spies can be killed

Which once again is pointless jim as thats exactly how SGW is now.. lol. Spies can be killed and miners (which in origins is uu) not killed. . I mean uu can be raided.. but thats about it.. as soon as you train them as miners you have indefinite power base to act from, which is not quite right.

Obviously uu should only be killable after defence and strike have been removed. (as if strike takes up the old role of defence, they will be next to be killed off, as soon as you have 3 retaliation then the attacks should start murdering uu down to that 'bottom line' %).

Miners produce more income=>growth is faster=>UP grows up faster=>people just have to train uu in miners and their army grows up.

Here it's different. We talk about uu. The income is MUCH smaller. Rebuilding/building is much longer. Getting high UPs will be much longer than with miners...
Richard_Destroyer
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: LG +1
ID: 60798

I like the new bank :). You purchase your bank size nice. Does it upgrade the same for everyone no matter your army size>?
ImageImage
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

Richard_Destroyer wrote:I like the new bank :). You purchase your bank size nice. Does it upgrade the same for everyone no matter your army size>?

Bank size is baised on a linear scale (first 10 upgrades), on the 11th upgrade it begins to scale exponentially. Costs are currently set at 95% of a full bank.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

adminGary wrote:
Richard_Destroyer wrote:I like the new bank :). You purchase your bank size nice. Does it upgrade the same for everyone no matter your army size>?

Bank size is baised on a linear scale (first 10 upgrades), on the 11th upgrade it begins to scale exponentially. Costs are currently set at 95% of a full bank.

So it will soon cost you 2 mill naq to gain 1 mill capasity?

hummmm :?

@ semper and Jim BOTH

I agree ALL units need to be killable, but this is my suggestion, and has been for some time.

All non military units are gaged as "general population" Once ALL military units are disposed of, the attacking force CAN set in to killing the general population, BUT The general population reacts violently, with no hope of salvation from the dead and gone military factions they turn to the only means avalible to them

Suicide Bombings

You want to cripple someone account, you should be able to, but now it should do what no other game has ever done, it should cost the ATT force 5 or 10 to 1 to kill "general population" of a relm whos military capasities are devistated.

This give BOTH the lone wolf , and the Big guy means to do what they both want, it now just cost them Both tremendously.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
semper

I was considering something like that lore... but I dont think the losses should be so steep. Maybe 1>2 or something like that, as I agree general population would retaliate.

Thats the same with p2p transfers though from the other topic..its realistic to have them...and I want Origins to be the origins of SGW, but I want it to move forward with a more realistic and logical move that wont destroy it like main..if that makes sense.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Semper wrote:I was considering something like that lore... but I dont think the losses should be so steep. Maybe 1>2 or something like that, as I agree general population would retaliate.

Thats the same with p2p transfers though from the other topic..its realistic to have them...and I want Origins to be the origins of SGW, but I want it to move forward with a more realistic and logical move that wont destroy it like main..if that makes sense.

1>2 is not sufficent, based solely on the fact that if you have 2 times your enemies UP you can realisticly sit on them indefinitely. The complete destruction of another realm has got to hurt, or it will be abused.

Allow P2P transfer but force a set price, its the only way to somewhat limit the abuse, but it wont stop it. A will trade naq to B for UU, Get the UU then farm the Naq back.

Lets just try NO P2P, we can change it later?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
semper

same as always lore. This is Origins.. p2p transfers would only come from SS anyway.

I do want to keep it realistic.. but I want to keep it origins.. and p2p transfers was never a thing in SGW until SS and ascension.

I remember the old days where uu stayed put.. lol. The only trading going on was negotiated by attacking and defending forces, their method of communication of course being the fire from their weapons.

I know though... that if my friend.. if one of my brothers was decimated.. I would not want them to be unable to play with their account..or get completely demoralised by being a lone in their recuperation. Even the little bit helps.. and I do honestly believe p2p transfers would be a beneficial and necessary feature of the game.

Perhaps an ingame lobby... where you post your resources on offer, with their price? Add to that an option for what % of that price you are willing to pay, and then trade the resources accordingly. Its a form of p2p transfers..

but you and lord su both know where I got that idea from. :-D
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
adminGary

Lore wrote:
adminGary wrote:

Not quite, the upgrade to the 1mill capacity bank requires 95% of 1mill or 950k
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

adminGary wrote:
Lore wrote:
adminGary wrote:

on the 11th upgrade it begins to scale exponentially.

My question was based here, and look at incomes and capasities at say 1 trill. At 1 trill bank space, to gain 1 mill more bank space will cost you far, far, more then 1 mill?

Correct?
Reason, youll get dead.
adminGary

Lore wrote:
adminGary wrote:
Lore wrote:
adminGary wrote:

on the 11th upgrade it begins to scale exponentially.

My question was based here, and look at incomes and capasities at say 1 trill. At 1 trill bank space, to gain 1 mill more bank space will cost you far, far, more then 1 mill?

Correct?

I think I may have explained this poorly.

If your bank is cap is 100,000 you need to spend 95,000 to get the next level which is 200,000. At 200,000 you need to spend 190,000 to get 300,000.

At 1,000,000 to get the next upgrade you need to spend 950,000. At this point the bank sizes start to grow exponentially. But the next upgrade is always locked in at a cost that is equal to 95% of your current bank capacity. So even when your at 1trill, the next level is going to cost 950mil.

Hope that clears things up, sorry about any confusion I might have caused.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Perfectly, TY
Reason, youll get dead.
adminGary

adminGary wrote:If your bank is cap is 100,000 you need to spend 95,000 to get the next level which is 200,000. At 200,000 you need to spend 190,000 to get 300,000.

At 1,000,000 to get the next upgrade you need to spend 950,000. At this point the bank sizes start to grow exponentially. But the next upgrade is always locked in at a cost that is equal to 95% of your current bank capacity. So even when your at 1trill, the next level is going to cost 950mil.

It was pointed out to me that I had too many zeros in one of my numbers (thanks Universe). The numbers are correct now.

Return to “Development and Suggestions”