Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Bank

LegendaryApophis wrote:Bank is good as it is.
That's my inflexible opinion on the matter. :)

It's meant to be origins server, not a complicated version of bank system that never got implemented in main server. If we change that, we could add new weapons, races...

You seem to misunderstand something.

Improving elements that the '05 SGW had is what Gary has been doing thus far. If the bank system (something '05 SGW had) can be improved, why not do it? Same with attack system, etcetera.. though the introduction of wholly new elements as you propose, Jim, is something else entirely. ;)
Arcturus
Forum Grunt
Race: Ancient
ID: 15583

Keep it simple, a bank should exist and offer protection for resources. It should not lose resources when attacked.

I do not believe that the bank should be anywhere as large as it is in main, especially with all those SS bonuses tacked on top of them. The way it is now where you purchase bank levels, does seem to offer some advantages at least for the moment. In the future when people will want to upgrade their bank by the millions and eventually billions, it might start posing a problem.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Universe wrote:
LegendaryApophis wrote:Bank is good as it is.
That's my inflexible opinion on the matter. :)

It's meant to be origins server, not a complicated version of bank system that never got implemented in main server. If we change that, we could add new weapons, races...

You seem to misunderstand something.

Improving elements that the '05 SGW had is what Gary has been doing thus far. If the bank system (something '05 SGW had) can be improved, why not do it? Same with attack system, etcetera.. though the introduction of wholly new elements as you propose, Jim, is something else entirely. ;)

How can you call the ability to steal in people's bank an improvement? :?

I agree with Arcturus.

I fail to see the point in why it could be a good thing...people, if it comes in, you will be able to steal, but also be stolen.. :lol:
That's why I don't see why it could be something good, why would you like to risk more your accounts than game presently does?
Original idea, but not good in the end, as it doesn't stop an "abuse". (ie covert powers being used as a stock of invincible power)
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator
ID: 0

Arcturus wrote:Keep it simple, a bank should exist and offer protection for resources. It should not lose resources when attacked.

I do not believe that the bank should be anywhere as large as it is in main, especially with all those SS bonuses tacked on top of them. The way it is now where you purchase bank levels, does seem to offer some advantages at least for the moment. In the future when people will want to upgrade their bank by the millions and eventually billions, it might start posing a problem.

The cost of bank levels scales with the amount of naq the bank can hold. As it stands for someone to buy the million naq bank, they would need to have a million naq.

It leaves a tricky spot for people. Spend all the naq you have to buy a larger bank, then have none left over for a few days to repair or rebuild your forces. Or you can hold off the upgrades but risk loosing naq because it no longer can be stored in the bank.

I think it adds an interesting change to the bank, and at the same time it is a safe spot to keep naq.

I thought about having banked naq stolen, but it just didn't pan out well for game balance. I'm also sure there would be a lot of angry people who wake up, or return from work to find they lost 500k naq in 4 hours from their bank.
Cole
Forum History

Problem with all of that...when you put euros/dollars/pounds/whatever in your real life bank account, even if some robbers attack your bank, it's unlikely your bank account will suffer from it (if you are in a large scale bank being worldwide established like I am, if you are in a tiny one, most likely it will suffer). I know this game isn't looking to be like real life, but just that usually bank accounts can't be stolen...they can, but well, it's not a regular case.
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

LegendaryApophis wrote:Problem with all of that...when you put euros/dollars/pounds/whatever in your real life bank account, even if some robbers attack your bank, it's unlikely your bank account will suffer from it (if you are in a large scale bank being worldwide established like I am, if you are in a tiny one, most likely it will suffer). I know this game isn't looking to be like real life, but just that usually bank accounts can't be stolen...they can, but well, it's not a regular case.

It's my understanding however, in real life if a bank is robbed, the money taken belongs to the bank. Your money is in the computer systems. There is a chance I am wrong, I'm not fimiliar with exactly how banks operate in different countries.
Cole
Forum History

adminGary wrote:
LegendaryApophis wrote:Problem with all of that...when you put euros/dollars/pounds/whatever in your real life bank account, even if some robbers attack your bank, it's unlikely your bank account will suffer from it (if you are in a large scale bank being worldwide established like I am, if you are in a tiny one, most likely it will suffer). I know this game isn't looking to be like real life, but just that usually bank accounts can't be stolen...they can, but well, it's not a regular case.

It's my understanding however, in real life if a bank is robbed, the money taken belongs to the bank. Your money is in the computer systems. There is a chance I am wrong, I'm not fimiliar with exactly how banks operate in different countries.

Indeed, I am in a worldwide established bank and I confirm that, just said there MIGHT be banks, small in size, that function otherwise, but not being member of them, I don't have a clue there.
Su
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: [Ω Allegiance]
Race: Supreme System Lord
ID: 43370

Bank should not be enhanced. They should say the same, and be based of the amount of Untrained Soldiers you have. Goa'uld should have a larger bank with no deposit fee. The other three races should be charged 5%.

Nothing else should change. We are constantly moving away from the idea that is Origins. If we continue to do this and allow it, it will continue to change and will not be the idea that is Origins. The game might as well be changed to another name.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Su wrote:Bank should not be enhanced. They should say the same, and be based of the amount of Untrained Soldiers you have. Goa'uld should have a larger bank with no deposit fee. The other three races should be charged 5%.

Nothing else should change. We are constantly moving away from the idea that is Origins. If we continue to do this and allow it, it will continue to change and will not be the idea that is Origins. The game might as well be changed to another name.

True.
I retract my earlier statement.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

"Origins" is what AG and Jason make it. Sad but true. I personnel think thats how it should be.

If untrained UU is killable, and banks are not upgradeable, then you can kiss level 20 covert/anti and high techs goodbye. They will not be achieveable. I think this bank upgradability is a valid idea.

As fas as SGW origins, and keeping it just as that, "Origins",,,it will fail. Sorry but SGW 05 sucked. Covert/anti is a prime example. Fix the core flaws or its just the same game with different bandaides
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Su
Forum Intermediate

Lore,

You have a very valid point. I started to write off the top of my head but retracted my statement. I will need to get back to you on this and I'll put forth some suggestions and ideas. We can collectively as a whole move forward is ideas and help Gary (I hate saying that name.) make the best decisions.
Su
Forum Intermediate

To address the income issue as well.

What if we introduced miners, and a new unit type that is similar to untrained. Both generate income but miners cannot be killed. However they will untrain if the other unit number is not kept within a margin, and untrained cannot be killed either. Other units can be killed.

It's late and I'm off to bed but I will revisit this tomorrow and either scratch this entire idea or move ahead. I'm hoping to kill two birds with one stone. Since I have a full time job and we are in the start of Q1 during bad economic times I must focus on work hence why I'm slow to respond here lately. I promise I will devote more time to assist in this!
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

no. Everything should be killable. Just have a certain % that is a 'bottom' line and an army cannot be reduced below that line in numbers.

If you need a story for it in game..

"The enemy army has routed! The remaining rag-tag forces flee out into the stars, perhaps to fight another day or possibly to fade out all together. Your generals advise that pursuing them is an inefficient use of military resources, and accepting their advice you give the hunt up and are no longer able to attack this realm...or at least whats left of it!"

"There is nothing left in this realm capable of bringing any glory or fortune! Your forces turn their heads in shame at such an order and refuse to attack. Perhaps it was a fledging sense of dishonour, maybe a cold epiphany of the illogical drive behind your command, or maybe its the new standards your great success has had..who knows... all you know is you cannot attack this realm!"

As for what produces income, raw untrained units.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Cole
Forum History

Why do people are obsessed with "everything" killable?
It's not like this is going to be sgw.de, where you can have 100% spies trained and no problem happening to you. There will be AC, it's sufficient. No "safe superstat" will be left, and considering how much uu generate income...it's not like it's going to be a drama if they aren't killable (they are far from being like miners).
Oh and in sgw.de uu are killable...BUT...covert isn't. Here covert is killable, it's enough.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

LegendaryApophis wrote:Why do people are obsessed with "everything" killable?
It's not like this is going to be sgw.de, where you can have 100% spies trained and no problem happening to you. There will be AC, it's sufficient. No "safe superstat" will be left, and considering how much uu generate income...it's not like it's going to be a drama if they aren't killable (they are far from being like miners).
LegendaryApophis wrote:Oh and in sgw.de uu are killable...BUT...covert isn't. Here covert is killable, it's enough.
Untrue. UU are not killable in sgw.de

Return to “Development and Suggestions”