Bank

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Re: Bank

Lore wrote:well i do think it was meant to be a bit on the "slower" side, tho seems to be fast and furious right now, the game is volitile and far more active them most. Heck there is general 50 to 75 players online all the time, thats amazing to me.

Indeed. This game has the potential to go far - active player base and active admin. Hopefully gary will just calm down a bit though when it comes to throwing updates in to the game :lol:
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Well you can't blame him to much, considering the crap hes been catching lately, but i think we are almost to the "fine tuning" part of the game, once the entire covert/AC thing gets settled.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Midnight
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Well by all accounts it seems to have been now sorted out.

But it will definitely attract a unique style of players should the bank be attackable.

Perhaps, if it ever comes in, consider making it incredibly expensive, and that you can only do it to a larger opponent.

Yes I hear you all instantly say "but that will only help the big people as the small wont fight back". Thats why you make it incredibly costly. Gives the small people a chance to strike out at the big targets.

By costly I have the idea that it can be done by sacrificing the resources or your account to be able to do it.

i.e. --> attacker has 50 strike soldiers hits at the defender who has 200 defense soldiers.
By performing a "bank job" they can sacrifice 3/4 of their strike and 1/4 of their spies (after all they need info before being able to perform a heist of this style) they have the chance of making away with up to 3/4 of what may contained within the defenders bank.

Of course, this is all taken into account by the fact that you cant guarantee getting anything, because you can never spy someone's bank.
_BlackAsc_
Fledgling Forumer

hate the idea of my bank being robbed but if it was going to be added why not make it difficult, say each attacker can steal a set number of naq (1000 for example) therefore it would take 1000 trained attackers to steal 1mil from the bank, but like normal attacks even a little defence results in losses makes it more of a thing for wars than actual farming in general and while your at it never put bank details into the covert page so its always a guess or just put the players bank capacity and not whats actually in their bank.
For want of a nail, the horseshoe was lost. For want of a horseshoe, the steed was lost. For want of a steed, the message went undelivered. For want of an undelivered message, the war was lost.
[TOMMY]
Forum Newbie

never mind then
Last edited by [TOMMY] on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

But there are no lifers or miners in Origins the bank size is not made up this way, it is a pre-set amount, he can never introduce a way to rob the bank as this means that newer players who MUST bank and save for the techs are at a loss from the bigger guys,

Stop thinking about main when thinking of ideas for Origins.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

I reckon as for bank thefts... we do something completely off the wall with it.

Use covert action to steal the contents of a bank, never more than 75% (make it a 50%-75% margin) a pop...and after it has been hit, impossible to beat security measures are put in place so it cannot be attacked again for 48 hours.

BUT! Here is where it gets freaky! "The rule of a scoundrels Thumb" (TRST - Ironic eh?)....inspired by han solo, and the classic one man band thief...

The smaller the covert-covert ratio (ie the smaller the difference between the two), the better the steal. So in other words.. the closer to your opponents covert you have, the better. Not to have it over.. not to have it less.. but the same. If you have it too high.. you fail, and you lose ALL your spies, if it's too small you lose ALL your covert agents and fail.

The idea is...that big players have to expend a lot of resources to attack a smaller guys bank (training too and from), and at the same time, put themselves at risk, whilst now, in turn a smaller guy cannot then go and crack the vault of a bigger player.

So to put it in role play context, a scoundrel, a high level criminal won't necessarily take an overwhelming challenge for fear of their life, but at the same time they won't dishonour themselves by taking any job too low for them to manage, so they have the code of conduct, the scoundrels rule of thumb. At the same time, they're the only ones with the necessary tacit knowledge to crack into a high security vault without the huge cost's of a full assault on a realm's homeworld.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

does the increase of the bank ever change? I been upgrading mine for a whle and it seems that no matter how much i increase i am only getitng liek a 2m increase over the cost currently i have spend 6m to get an 8m increase.. does it ever grow?granted my bank is almost 150m but its getting very costly for every little gain.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

the ratio from expenditure to bank increase is crippling, it needs to change.

this is ridiculous!

To: 266,378,357
For: 187,822,935 Naquadah

i've just spent over 1 billion to increase my bank and its still pathetically small...

anyone else think the ration should be 1 to 1? (IE. you spend a million for a 1 million sized bank, spend a billion and gain a billion sized bank).

PS, don't like the idea of a "hittable bank", after all, what's the point of a "safe storage area" if its not safe?!" :?

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

This topic is over a year old please don't necro old threads

The current bank system is an improvement on the original properly crippling one where you paid 95% of current bank size for a 5 or 10% increase.

Topic locked

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.

Return to “Development and Suggestions”