Bank

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator
ID: 0

Bank

We have decided to keep the bank.

The bank will function how it always has.

We are unsure if there should be a cost attached to using the bank (deposits/withdraws)

The bank will be a 'skill'. You will start without a bank (or a very small bank). You will have to spend naq to increase your bank's capacity. The amount of naq required to increase your bank's capacity will be around the current maximum capacity of your bank.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Bank

That sounds like a good plan to me. ;)
I like it!

So while I was letting my brain take a little walk on the wild side, it came up with the idea that if you hit someone with a massively overpowered strike (compared to def; like a factor 50 or so) that a very small percentage (5%/10%) of the bank's contents are robbed? :)
Dunno.
adminGary

Universe wrote:That sounds like a good plan to me. ;)
I like it!

So while I was letting my brain take a little walk on the wild side, it came up with the idea that if you hit someone with a massively overpowered strike (compared to def; like a factor 50 or so) that a very small percentage (5%/10%) of the bank's contents are robbed? :)
Dunno.

I've been thinking about that for a few days now, not sure if it will get done in time for the beta.
David Bliss
Forum Expert
Race: God

Sounds like a good idea.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

is there gonna be anything safe at all in this game or is everything destroyable/takeable?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

adminGary wrote:We have decided to keep the bank.

The bank will function how it always has.

We are unsure if there should be a cost attached to using the bank (deposits/withdraws)

The bank will be a 'skill'. You will start without a bank (or a very small bank). You will have to spend naq to increase your bank's capacity. The amount of naq required to increase your bank's capacity will be around the current maximum capacity of your bank.

So your saying that to have say 1 trill bank capasity you have to spend 1 trill naq to get it?

Intresting

Universe wrote: came up with the idea that if you hit someone with a massively overpowered strike (compared to def; like a factor 50 or so) that a very small percentage (5%/10%) of the bank's contents are robbed? :)
Dunno.

I see this as so bad on so many levels. Why do you have a bank? to save for upgrades and repairs correct?

If your masser can take all your repair naq, or any you have saved for an upgrade, you will see mass abuse of this feature. The 6 month old massive accounts will feed off of lower players struggling to upgrade by raiding their banks often, wars will be sorely handicapped in favor of attackers as defenders banks will be cleaned of no less then 50% of its contents.

In this case, the big can do this to the small, the small Can Not do this to the big.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...

I dont like it. I reckon the hittable bank would be a better idea.

If you made its defence 3X that of the realms it belonged to and limited the number of hits on it per 12/24 hours... it would keep a level of reality to it, but also make it rather trixy to tango with.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
adminGary

At this time we see it best to have the bank immune from attack. We've chose this route for now. We might revisit this once the game goes live. For now we are focusing on getting the beta up and running.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...

adminGary wrote:At this time we see it best to have the bank immune from attack. We've chose this route for now. We might revisit this once the game goes live. For now we are focusing on getting the beta up and running.

as you wish good sir! :-D
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Keep bank safe...otherwise people would build massive strikes and farm everyone and dominate the game in no time.

A game where everything is killable is not a good idea *hint* beginning of ascended server *hint*

What is the point to have a bank if it can be stolen like what you have on the open? :?
Minato Namikaze
Forum Irregular
Alliance: RV 2iC

Yeah i think the bank should be safe
damien snpr wrote:Go mass something... might help.
damien snpr wrote:Mind=blown
Skunky
Forum Elder
Alliance: EPA
Race: NanoTiSkunk
ID: 34220

personally i like it safe and how it is
but i suppose you could have a small % stealable and you can upgrade the protection on the bank so less naq % is able to be stolen
say once you steall all their open naq u access say 5% of the bank naq or something

Replicator/NanoTiMaster Mod Colour
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

What if: "you can steal a % of the enemy bank if your bank is "a % bigger" than enemy`s bank and only if the enemy has bigger workerforce than you. Because of the "poor management of the enemy`s economics and military". The enemy bank cannot be spied and this "bank robbery" can occur "purely by mistake" when attacking the enemy for naquadah and only if the mentioned conditions occur.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:What if: "you can steal a % of the enemy bank if your bank is "a % bigger" than enemy`s bank and only if the enemy has bigger workerforce than you. Because of the "poor management of the enemy`s economics and military". The enemy bank cannot be spied and this "bank robbery" can occur "purely by mistake" when attacking the enemy for naquadah and only if the mentioned conditions occur.

Sort of like an unforseen event happening completely at random, aside from that minor requirement? :)

Sounds good.. it would have my backing as well if it's worked out in a more detailed manner.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Bank is good as it is.
That's my inflexible opinion on the matter. :)

It's meant to be origins server, not a complicated version of bank system that never got implemented in main server. If we change that, we could add new weapons, races...

Return to “Development and Suggestions”