Alliances

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator
ID: 0

Alliances

I've been getting a lot of request about alliances. So I thought I would take a minute to shine some light on them.

At this point in time, I cannot confirm one way or another if alliances will be in the game.

If we do implement an alliance system. There won't be a bonus to being a part of an alliance.

I imagine at this time, alliances will just be a tag placed infront or after your name. Future updates may have more alliance support features, like an ingame alliance wide messaging system and ranking system.

We might even take it as far as requiring a monthly fee (naq) to keep the alliance recognized by an alliance charter. (there could be taxes on members to support this fee). It all depends on how people respond to the ideas put forth.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Re: Alliances

fair enough.

I dont think many of us would ask for more than a tag, a button to say accepting members or not, a button to kick people and finally an ingame alliance ranking system. Absolute bare minimum for an alliance system in game.

I think you should have a maximum number of members, around the 30 mark to stop complete exponential growth.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

I say no for alliances, but if you do alliances, do not set a fixed cap for maximum number of members.

Make it variable: the stronger an alliance is, the more members it can accept. During wars this will be fun, cos alliances will loose members when they loose power. This will prevent long boring wars with statless accounts. And make it so that if an alliance has less than 5 members for a week, it is disbanded automaticaly. Send a message: "The 4 races council do not recognise your group as a valid alliance and forced you to disband" - or something like that.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

adminGary wrote:idea

Sounds good.

Just one question; the tag you get, is it through acceptance by the alliance leader, or does one set it themselves (like currently in Ascended, if you're familiar with that)?
The latter would be a pain with people getting tags of alliances they don't belong to etcetera. :)

@Semper: 30 is way too many.. start off at 10, work your way up buying expansion slots for your alliance; perhaps intertwine that whole expansion thing with the 'fee' that's bouncing in Gary's head? The larger your alliance, the higher the fee required to be a member? ;)

Like Nigatsu though, I am positively inclined towards not having alliances in the game. Just for the record.
semper

ah yes... a good idea lois.

The one thing I will say though is, alliances are inevitable. The strong always stick together so they dont lose their power.

So you might as well have tags at the ultimate least.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

There *has* to be alliances ingame, as they will exist anyway tag or not, so why not introduce them ingame as well?
As for adding a cost for extra members...why not.
Su
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: [Ω Allegiance]
Race: Supreme System Lord
ID: 43370

As many has said before, you will not prevent an alliance from existing, nor prevent people from being in one with a member cap. All that will do is create secondary and third alliances. Adding alliances in a game create more role play as well as more goals to strive for. I feel this is a good thing and having a ranking system for alliances is a must.

I do not think we should cap alliances what so ever.

A tax on alliances is a good idea.

Idle alliances = annoying.
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient

Well I think there is more intrigue without tags.. easier to get moles in several alliance without ingame tags.
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Manetheren wrote:Well I think there is more intrigue without tags.. easier to get moles in several alliance without ingame tags.

Exactly my thought.

Alliances can exist without an ingame tag. And this will not stop roleplaying at all.
Skunky
Forum Elder
Alliance: EPA
Race: NanoTiSkunk
ID: 34220

race only alliance LOLOL

with alliances can the rank be based on ME ( if we get it. don't have ME ranked though....) :D

Replicator/NanoTiMaster Mod Colour
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

As stated, you wont stop alliances from forming, actually they already have.

The "Tag" is irrelevant tho. You want a spy then let him in your alliance forums but not as a member of the alliance.

I like the alliance fees, No need for an Alliance bonuses

The ONLY bonus I might consider would be a trade bonus of some kind, but as we dont know what the trade system is then we wont talk about that yet

PLEASE Dear God NO ME,,,,,,,completely worthless information.

Make it so the accounts can see it only, not public, not ranked.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance

Lore wrote:PLEASE Dear God NO ME,,,,,,,completely worthless information.

I second that.
semper

Lore wrote:As stated, you wont stop alliances from forming, actually they already have.

The "Tag" is irrelevant tho. You want a spy then let him in your alliance forums but not as a member of the alliance.

I like the alliance fees, No need for an Alliance bonuses

The ONLY bonus I might consider would be a trade bonus of some kind, but as we dont know what the trade system is then we wont talk about that yet

PLEASE Dear God NO ME,,,,,,,completely worthless information.

Took the words right from my mouth. Literally lore... lol.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Arcturus
Forum Grunt
ID: 15583

Manetheren wrote:
Lore wrote:PLEASE Dear God NO ME,,,,,,,completely worthless information.

I second that.

Third

Lore wrote:I like the alliance fees, No need for an Alliance bonuses

Alliance fees are a good idea to make sure alliances stay alive and active in game. However, I do believe that the method of payment should be handled entirely by the alliance outside of the game on their forums. Consider it a permanent activity check. Then again that would require some type of ingame player to player trading system.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Fourthed.. or whatever.

(Disagree with Arc's idea on fees.)

Return to “Development and Suggestions”