Alliances

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Re: Alliances

Wow....talk about melodrama. I wouldn't expect you to understand a piece of playful roleplaying monkey - it appears you've been hanging around those snakes too long :roll:
sniper0432
Forum Elite
Alliance: Areseorii Knights [Leader]
Race: Spartans
ID: 1943098

I don't remember the Goa'uld allying themselves with the pathetic robotic blocks... I heard the Tau'ri children really enjoy playing with little lego blocks... :lol:

OK, sure that some aspects of the roleplay in those alliances are relatively correct, however what about the parts which are incorrect?

If you truly want a role-playing game, then maybe you should add a little more variety to the alliances. Stargate SG-1 storyline had the following alliances, even if these only lasted for so long (based on current races available):
> Goa'uld and Tau'ri (The Trust, secret organisation working against Stargate Command)
> Goa'uld and Tok'ra (Tok'ra pretend to be the Goa'uld to collect valuable intel on their movements)
> Tau'ri, Tok'ra and Goa'uld [Jaffa] (Acted as a resistance against the Goa'uld rule)
> Replicators and Tau'ri (although fleetingly, the two races worked together, however usually ending in betrayal)
> Tau'ri and Asgard (ever since SG-1 and Thor met, these guys have always been allies)
> Tau'ri, Asgard, and Goa'uld/Tok'ra (to work against a bigger threat, the Ori)

In other words, the Tau'ri could pretty much ally themselves with whomever they want (probably a little penalty if allied with the Replicators/Goa'uld), Asgard could ally with everyone but the Replicators (penalty possible if allied with Goa'uld), Replicators could only probably ally themselves with the Tau'ri (with ability to betray [possibly] the Tau'ri, same the other way around), Goa'uld could ally themselves with the Tau'ri or the Tok'ra (penalties possibly included in both circumstances), and the Tok'ra able to ally with everyone except the Replicators (penalty when allied with the Goa'uld [possibly]).

As you can see, there are limitations, but it will be a much better role-play than what currently stands.
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator
ID: 0

The IAC deemed that the Goa'uld should have somebody, or rather something to ally with. The IAC held a meeting and chose the replicators because their goals in life or perhaps 'being' is to dominate the galaxy.

That's the official statment that was provided be the IAC. However it is my belief that the IAC approached the other races asking if anyone would want to play with the little little snakes. You can imagine how well that went over with the Tok'ra and the Tauri. In the end, I think they just drew straws.
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Still Workin On That
ID: 1908396

adminGary wrote:The IAC deemed that the Goa'uld should have somebody, or rather something to ally with. The IAC held a meeting and chose the replicators because their goals in life or perhaps 'being' is to dominate the galaxy.

That's the official statment that was provided be the IAC. However it is my belief that the IAC approached the other races asking if anyone would want to play with the little little snakes. You can imagine how well that went over with the Tok'ra and the Tauri. In the end, I think they just drew straws.

=D>
~Vengeance Of Origins
"My gun is a simple tool that converts useless human trash into high quality fertalizer."
Proud Member Of PETA,"People Eating Tasty Animals"!
sniper0432
Forum Elite

adminGary wrote:The IAC deemed that the Goa'uld should have somebody, or rather something to ally with. The IAC held a meeting and chose the replicators because their goals in life or perhaps 'being' is to dominate the galaxy.

:lol:

So I'm guessing that the current set-out isn't going to change?

*face falls* :( So much for being the Goa'uld... I get stuck with the Replicators... annoying little bricks...
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Still Workin On That
ID: 1908396

sniper0432 wrote:

:lol:

So I'm guessing that the current set-out isn't going to change?

*face falls* :( So much for being the Goa'uld... I get stuck with the Replicators... annoying little bricks...

i think you dont understand that this is ONLY for alliance members/races.
who you let into your alliance is your choice mixed or pure race.
its all good \:D/
~Vengeance Of Origins
"My gun is a simple tool that converts useless human trash into high quality fertalizer."
Proud Member Of PETA,"People Eating Tasty Animals"!
sniper0432
Forum Elite

No, I understand completely, it's just that by making an alliance I didn't really want just the Goa'uld or the little bricks for company... you know... a nice bit of Tau'ri could be nice... just in case I need a new host... :sge
HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
Race: System Lord
ID: 102298

Alliance Naq Donations, in what purpose can Be used? The Naq can be used by the leader to increase their stats? They buy weapons like in Chaos? What they are for?
adminGary

The donation system isn't turned on yet. Basically, for your alliance to stay active you need to pay your liaisons to visit other members of the alliance, and the IAC to communicate information.

But for the time being the system is inactive until I collect some more information.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Is there currently a way to change alliance leader? If not, could we implement one.....I'm going on hols :lol:
sniper0432
Forum Elite

RepliMagni wrote:Is there currently a way to change alliance leader? If not, could we implement one.....I'm going on hols :lol:

:-s OK... n00by question...

What the heck do you mean by hols? 8-[ :smt100
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

sniper0432 wrote:
RepliMagni wrote:Is there currently a way to change alliance leader? If not, could we implement one.....I'm going on hols :lol:

Holiday :-D To California to be specific :P
adminGary

That will be written in when I get that alliance rank system working.
sniper0432
Forum Elite

RepliMagni wrote:
sniper0432 wrote:

Holiday :-D To California to be specific :P

#-o I should've known... ](*,)
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

The IAC's are idiots.

The Goa'uld only, very very very very very very very very very rarely ally themselves with anyone but themselves (we're talking in the space of tens of thousands of years, they allied with the Tauri ONCE). The replicators are exactly the same. Not to mention the only times the Goa'uld and the replicators have been seen together they've been fighting.. :roll:

Neither should be allowed any of the other races, except the Tok'ra in their alliances. The Tok'ra should be allowed in everyones alliances. The tauri should be Tauri and asgard, and vice-versa.

At least I have seen you've taken my old limit the race membership of alliances idea, Gary.

Finally he listens!
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Return to “Development and Suggestions”