Alliances

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator
ID: 0

Re: Alliances

~Vengeance wrote:Admin your message states:

Alliances are limited through race, for example, the Tauri cannot be allied with Goa\'uld or the Replicators.

so can we assume the excepted race mix in an alliance would be:

Replicator & Goa'uld
Asgard & Tauri

since our crew is mixed race and it has allowed all to apply i assume this option isnt working at the moment.
could you please explain this more clearly so as we may adjust.

PS. if im correct in my mix exceptable allies i assume its like the SGW series as:
Replicator & Goa'uld
always fight the Asgard & Tauri .

For the time being.
Goa'uld can be allied with Repicators
Asgard can be allied with Tauri
Tauri can be allied with both Tok'ra and Asgard
Tok'ra can be allied with the Tauri

This is open to changes, once the system is working it is fairly easy to change.
Chong089
Fledgling Forumer

whats going to happen to the multi race alliances that are currently grouped?
adminGary

I'll get around to removing the users from alliances where race would prohibit the users from joining. However it would save me much time if the people who are in an alliance where the rules would have prevented them from joining would leave rather than having me force them to do so.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

If I'm reading it right, many Tok`ra may be exposed due to their alliance, not sure if I'm reading it right, or if thats planned.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
adminGary

I suppose I could let the tok'ra ally under the goa'uld, perhaps let the goa'uld under the tok'ra as well.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

adminGary wrote:I suppose I could let the tok'ra ally under the goa'uld, perhaps let the goa'uld under the tok'ra as well.

well in story line it makes sense, I mean if they are in a tauri/asguard alliance then everyone will know 100% they are tokra? and arent they the little tunnel rat hiders afraid to expose themselves?

I dont care either way, just offering some backlash. If the tokra are to be hidden, this handicapps them, but if they choose to expose themselves, thats an option as well, i mean there is no bonuses to being in an alliance right?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
SolAlwyn
Forum Newbie

I am not a fan of this, I would instead recommend that the founder's race is the main race for that alliance, but for a "fee" one or more races could be added. Some amount of naquadah, and/or UU perhaps. I realize it would be inconvenient and irritating, but I think it is a fair system.
~Coyle~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Doom
Race: Irish

i like the new system, certain races only allowed to ally, its much better and the way it should be

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
sniper0432
Forum Elite
Alliance: Areseorii Knights [Leader]
Race: Spartans
ID: 1943098

The Tok'ra thing will really rip off most Tok'ra players... causes them to not be able to ally themselves with anyone but themselves if they were to stay undetected, but even then that would give them away. Yes it may be how it should be, but the role-play for the Tok'ra will pretty much go down the drain. I mean, isn't that why the alliance restrictions were implemented, to keep with the role-play?

I agree with SolAlwyn's basic idea though, where, at a price, an extra race or so can be added to ally with the founder's race. This is because alliances are made between any two or more races, even the unlikely ones, due to many different circumstances. The Tau'ri are not always good, like say for example the Trust, who allied themselves with the Goa'uld rather than resisting them. Of course, there are also instances where the good Tau'ri have allied themselves with a Goa'uld to prevent a much more bigger problem from occurring. The Tok'ra act as false gods and lead armies in the name of other higher Goa'uld to keep their secret and reveal vital intel on the Goa'uld movement. The Jaffa (being considered as Goa'uld here), rebel against the Goa'uld and ally themselves with the Tau'ri and the Tok'ra. Although ending in betrayal, the Tau'ri and Replicators allied themselves with each other or seperate occasions.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

adminGary wrote:Goa'uld can be allied with Repicators

Why do we have the snakes? No one else wanted them? :roll:
~Coyle~
Forum Addict

RepliMagni wrote:
adminGary wrote:Goa'uld can be allied with Repicators

Why do we have the snakes? No one else wanted them? :roll:

You should be thankful :lol:

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Still Workin On That
ID: 1908396

story line for those who dont actually WATCH SGW in short is simple:

Replicators & Goa'uld

and tok'ra are Goa'uld infiltrators and allied to Tauri.

so current set up is correct except perhaps Tok'ra need the option to join any race as per there story line,eather Goa'uld or Tauri.

perhaps to stay more on track:

Replicator & Goa'uld/Tok'ra
Asgard & Tauri & Tok'ra

with Tok'ra having the option to reveal themselves or remain covert.

eather way good job so far gary again sorry for bugging you last night keep the good stuff rollin =D>
~Vengeance Of Origins
"My gun is a simple tool that converts useless human trash into high quality fertalizer."
Proud Member Of PETA,"People Eating Tasty Animals"!
~Coyle~
Forum Addict

~Vengeance wrote:story line for those who dont actually WATCH SGW in short is simple:

Replicators & Goa'uld

and tok'ra are Goa'uld infiltrators and allied to Tauri.

so current set up is correct except perhaps Tok'ra need the option to join any race as per there story line,eather Goa'uld or Tauri.

perhaps to stay more on track:

Replicator & Goa'uld/Tok'ra
Asgard & Tauri & Tok'ra

with Tok'ra having the option to reveal themselves or remain covert.

eather way good job so far gary again sorry for bugging you last night keep the good stuff rollin =D>

Agreed =D>

RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

I agree Goauld and Replicators individually fight against Tauri and Asgard - but together? Never. We would never ally ourselves with such a pathetic parasitic race. ;)

Edit: Is it possible (or would people even want it) to put in a chat box as well as the news section in the alliance - the news seems a very similar format, just needs a slight twique to make it into a proper chatbox....what do people think?
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Still Workin On That
ID: 1908396

RepliMagni wrote:I agree Goauld and Replicators individually fight against Tauri and Asgard - but together? Never. We would never ally ourselves with such a pathetic parasitic race. ;)

Edit: Is it possible (or would people even want it) to put in a chat box as well as the news section in the alliance - the news seems a very similar format, just needs a slight twique to make it into a proper chatbox....what do people think?

no one forces you to except a goauld into your alliance.
this is for the correct role play aspect,who or what race you allow in is your choice as the leader.
if each alliance was forced to single race only that would be a rip off of race wars on another game where there is simply a race leader BORING and why play this if its the same as a older game?

gary has done a great job sticking to the format of the actual role play aspect in the SGW series.
recrute replis if thats all you want with you.
simple [-(
~Vengeance Of Origins
"My gun is a simple tool that converts useless human trash into high quality fertalizer."
Proud Member Of PETA,"People Eating Tasty Animals"!

Return to “Development and Suggestions”