Technology

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Re: Technology

Lore wrote:
Prince_of_Darkness wrote:Also... when including... dont add them all at once... add lets say 3 levels... or one level... or two... then 2 weeks till next levels...

Another way would be that u can upgrade from lvl 0 to one... then to go to lvl 2 u need all techs at lvl 1... to get to lvl 3 u need all at lvl 2... :-D

agreed

Have literally that. Tech levels. Anyone else here play old style RTS? Age of empire and beyond.

Have it so you have to buy a tech level so you can access certain upgrades.

So tech level 1 = you can upgrade to both attack and defence level 1, tech level 2 = lvl 2 strike + defence upgrades accessible, + lvl 1 covert.
tech level 3 = lvl 3 strike, covert, + lvl 1 anti covert.
tech level 4 = +1 lvl accessible in each..

and so on and so forth.
You have to buy a tech to be able to by the other techs. Represents the realistic view that if you wanted to pursue research, you would first have to find the technology and facilities to pursue it, then you would have to pay for the resources and man power to actually do the research.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Midnight
Forum Regular

One thing I would love to see with these tech levels is that to make an account somewhat more unique, decide in advance a total amount of upgardes (in total) available. And make it so that there is a total amount of tech upgardes obtainable.

Ie. if there was 5 tech upgrades per characteristic (strike, def, covert, anti, income) that would give a total of 25 upgrades. So if you then made it that you could only obtain only 15 upgrades, You could max three out and have no bonus from the other two options, or you could go even across the board and have three upgardes in each.

Ulitmately allowign account not to end up beign the same as what has occured in main now. Where basically every race has identical characteristics based upon racial and tech bonus. This helps add a bit a personalisation to each players account.

All that aside, I would like to see the current bugs worked out before this got brought into the game.
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

that sounds cool and i play one game that uses it like that.
It goes like this: u have 300 masterys.
U can develop 4 magical powers and 3 different weapons.

Still if u want to be stron u cant wast them cause it takes like 1k masterys to develop it all. Mostly u are forced to choose one weapon only and 2 magical powers.

In our case u could choose between techs and each tech having 10 lvls.
U have example techs for : income, up, covert, ac, attack and def. That would be 60 upgrades.

U can do a maximun of 40 upgrades ( maximun of 10 in a single tech tech). that will make everybody forced to develop different to others.

u end up like this:

Techs: Level:
Up 4
Income 8
Attack 8
Defense 0
Covert 10
Ac 10
Total: 40
Upgrades capacity: 0
it should make the game a lil bit funnier.

:lol:
Midnight
Forum Regular

Yup. Only thing about that if UP was included, it'ld have to be really well calclated to make it not over the top.

They would all have to be balanced, and more inportantly potentially scalable. As the game grows and gets bigger, so will the benefits from these techs...
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

aye thats good.

Perhaps link it all together.

Have the tech levels included in the count of your maximum upgrades. :wink:

That way you have to sacrifice what height you reach in the basic two to advance the others. Would also move the game away from covert more too.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I have to say you guys impress me in the way all walks of life come together to bare witness to a good well round discussion and agreance on a well founded idea even tho there are differences among us.

I think the idea rocks myself, and i love the customizability of it so all accounts are not equal.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Epyon {recruiting}
Forum Regular

reminds me of UBO you had certain stats depending on what race you picked starting off and you could upgrade each stat by 1% for every upgrade e.g if you had 100%def you could raise it to 101% with 1 upgrade and so on and this worked for income, att, spy, ant,i def and UP
Epyon {recruiting} wrote:They Say You Should'nt Fear The Reaper, Thats True, But You Should Fear Me
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

Lore wrote:I have to say you guys impress me in the way all walks of life come together to bare witness to a good well round discussion and agreance on a well founded idea even tho there are differences among us.

I think the idea rocks myself, and i love the customizability of it so all accounts are not equal.

Mate if u talk about sides at the war well, even we at diferent sides it does not mean we cant have a nice chat in here. Mostly what ever gives more fun to the game is always welcome. Also one thing is the war thread and another this one were we are tryin to improve the game.
Besides, this game aint to make real enemies at all, i like to piss off others at posts but im cool dude when its needed. ( yes i know hard to believe but its true... stop laughin its true )

About the techs levels Semper:

My idea goes exactly as in SRO game.
U get point for killin monsters, this points are used to increase the Mastery level ( lets say the main mastery wich opens and allows u to use the power and weapons mastery up to that level)
So it would be even better.

maximun total techs: 40

Tech mastery: 7

Tech levels:
Income:5
UP:7 ( cant be more cause the tech mastery is that lvl so it limits it)
Attack : 6
Defense: 4
Covert: 6
AC: 5

Total mastery used: 40

I think thats what u meant Semper. If not correct me he he he.
:-D
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

what happened with this idea?
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

Level 3 weapons can now be purchased through the technology page.
Chong089
Fledgling Forumer

YAY gary, nice update
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

we suggest implementing time limits on techs...

i.e. that you cant get all the techs at once... that one has to wait between levels and such...

(yes, only one level of two techs is available atm, but we're thinking future...)

it would be unnatural for a new player later on to jump immediately to the highest-level weapon in the game...

for that matter, some techs could perhaps only be available after growing a certain army size, or perhaps after having played for X weeks?

oh, and we agree with some of those before, most techs should not be implemented till the game has grown a bit, and more bugs have been crushed...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Epyon {recruiting}
Forum Regular

Zeratul wrote:we suggest implementing time limits on techs...

i.e. that you cant get all the techs at once... that one has to wait between levels and such...

(yes, only one level of two techs is available atm, but we're thinking future...)

it would be unnatural for a new player later on to jump immediately to the highest-level weapon in the game...

for that matter, some techs could perhaps only be available after growing a certain army size, or perhaps after having played for X weeks?

oh, and we agree with some of those before, most techs should not be implemented till the game has grown a bit, and more bugs have been crushed...

1 prob that will only affect new players more so than old pnes so i think not unless you start them off on the games mean tech level
Epyon {recruiting} wrote:They Say You Should'nt Fear The Reaper, Thats True, But You Should Fear Me
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

true, it would favor the old ones, but that could also be balanced by other means... like techs that favor the new and small, or techs that are only available when small...

the X week idea was not meant to be any large number, but rather a somewhat small one, like perhaps 2-3 weeks...

new players would need time to get used to the game, and having the universe slowly unfold is somewhat nicer than to just toss them into it all without any guidance...

take the series as example...
earth did not have any sort of advanced technology when it first started using stargates, and at the end several years after, they have some of the more advanced ships out there...

their technological development took time... of course, years is the wrong timeframe in this game, therefore we suggested weeks...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Epyon {recruiting}
Forum Regular

yep but this is ingame there is more warring here a newer members will be pretty much thrown to the wolves but i think the techs should be priced to maintain slow tech growth

Return to “Development and Suggestions”