Technology

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
Oberaan
Forum Newbie
Alliance: ~Horus Lords~/dRUNK mONKIES
Race: System Lord/Goa'uld
ID: 0

Re: Technology

Only solution to that would be like the one that exists on Ascended server and impliment a level gap that prevents certain options Just like om main and raiding.
Oberaan Lord of the De'Danann
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

kind of also bad for old players... someone who comes fresh to the game and wants the new tech level just need 2 hits and it haves the naq for it... aand as for what i see how the game is growing... if it comes in 2 weeks it will need just one hit and will have the naq for 2 tech leves... so... kind of better to keep any limit, at least to avoid this. its not that fair for those who has been playing this long dont u think ?
none-delete-me
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Squad UK
Race: Ancient

Midnight wrote:One thing I would love to see with these tech levels is that to make an account somewhat more unique, decide in advance a total amount of upgardes (in total) available. And make it so that there is a total amount of tech upgardes obtainable.

Ie. if there was 5 tech upgrades per characteristic (strike, def, covert, anti, income) that would give a total of 25 upgrades. So if you then made it that you could only obtain only 15 upgrades, You could max three out and have no bonus from the other two options, or you could go even across the board and have three upgardes in each.

Ulitmately allowign account not to end up beign the same as what has occured in main now. Where basically every race has identical characteristics based upon racial and tech bonus. This helps add a bit a personalisation to each players account.

All that aside, I would like to see the current bugs worked out before this got brought into the game.

i like this idea, have it kinda like in "universe at war"

each race has race specific "techs" and bonuses ! each race has 3 branches. so :
- - -
- - -
- - -
you can only have 6 trained. so that means 2/3 is possible. or even it out...

the thing thought about the game is for specific branches you can get a different "hero" and "special abilities"; each race's is completely different units, as well as different abilities... the same could be implemented for sgw-origins as well...

for example;
in this case, lets use tauri
the tauri branches could look like so:

Code: Select all

strike      
      -1 add 3% strike   
      -2 add 2% strie, your troops are less fatiged from attacks by 5%
      -3 you recieve the ability to train your super soldiers and reduce your fatigue by an
         additionall 5%
      or
      -3 add an additionall 5% strike bonus and reduce your fatigue by an additonall 4%
      -4 youre troops are able to aquire more goods due to having defeated the opposing forces
          (upon doing so).the side effect is your troops spend 10% more time looting after a win.
      or
      -4 add an additonall 5% to reduce fatigue level, you also aquire less goods due to having a higher
         ... thirst for blood. the side effects are you kill 5% extra enemy guards; also faster too.

and then you can go more specificly for each race even further...
by combining two branchs together (for sake of sanity im not going to post an example for each race each branch...)

covert      
      -4 The Tauri Goverment invests into spec ops training

anti covert   
      -4 The Tauri Goverment invests into spec ops training

by having "maxed" out both covert and anti covert, this tauri player can now train what is called a race specific unit.
(which only becomes available or even seen once you have this done)

for the tauri it could be the "N.I.D." agents. and in this case, it would be a... unit stronger than a normal covert agent, stronger than an anticovert agent.
so think of it like a super strike or defense unit, they both cost
 (looking at training cost right now, its 20k. soooo.... i would say 50k? and its definitely worth having?)

so this way we eliminate 1 thing right off the bat until an unforseeable future. super units every one gets...
this way you can get specific "types" and not every one can have them. BUT they are worth getting ever still. but that comes into thought, would it be worth getting vs
the strike and defence branch? or the strike and maybe covert and some defense? well thats some personilisation... this way we have strong branches and weak branches but if we have
the weak branches we get some benifit from having that vs an other branch you know?

now those bonuses though wouldnt be like adding 10000000000000000000 covert or anti covert here in this case... its just so that the tauri can kinda keep up with having their
25% strike bonus + possibly some covert and anti covert extra bonuses but this is just some lame ideas that havent been truely thought through... 

perhaps it could be just a covert super and only need the "covert branch" to be maxed out? and require that no tech upgrades within a specific branch perhaps like within the
strike branch be trained or else you wouldnt be able to train the said super covert unit? this way i mean its not going to be over powered?

now in thought of differences for asgard perhaps... they could have perhaps a strike super in the end? you know?
Main ID: 39588
My Feed Back Thread
none-delete-me
Forum Grunt

also, as for new players jumping in later,if they get access to the weapons whilst we were here blowing turn after turn to farm piss nothing, with nothing, for nothing... then they jump in start farming a hell of a lot, with a hell of a lot, for a hell of a lot... whats the point of playing for now? i might as well pump my up a bit, sell everything i have pump some more up, and wait it out.... get my army size bigger than anyone else and then when better weapons come out i get stronger.

the thing that SHOULD be done about it is possibly a time restriction.as mentioned earlier, perhaps not just on the techs themselves, (either one or the other you pick deal) that but also have you must have been part of the physical expanse for x amount of time (this is before they can even purchase the first upgrades aka level 3) perhaps, lets say between level 3-4 it took 1 month for them to get implemented.
i say a new account should have to wait 1 month fully, which starts to cron after they purchase the level 3 tech. i say this should ALSO go for new accounts now as it stands... they should have to be "living" for at least two weeks time aka active, before they are allowed to upgrade said techs.

its nothing against the new or "smaller" players, but i mean as stated above, if i could get full techs tomorrow, why would i be waisting my money on purchasing all these crappy weapons? this only makes it 100% rounded fairness. i have these crappy weps, you have these crappy weps. and so shall they when they play.

its an evolution thing. not a hey its already here thing lets just buy them all at once for a couple hits. no no no. too bad so sad sorry to say, if you cant farm anyone or be farmed, then you know what, perhaps just live off your income and build up some up... and so on... and hope to gary (god) when you create a new planet (account) that you will at least be started with more resources than you do now ;)
My Feed Back Thread
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

helsmar wrote:also, as for new players jumping in later,if they get access to the weapons whilst we were here blowing turn after turn to farm **Filtered** nothing, with nothing, for nothing... then they jump in start farming a hell of a lot, with a hell of a lot, for a hell of a lot... whats the point of playing for now? i might as well pump my up a bit, sell everything i have pump some more up, and wait it out.... get my army size bigger than anyone else and then when better weapons come out i get stronger.

the thing that SHOULD be done about it is possibly a time restriction.as mentioned earlier, perhaps not just on the techs themselves, (either one or the other you pick deal) that but also have you must have been part of the physical expanse for x amount of time (this is before they can even purchase the first upgrades aka level 3) perhaps, lets say between level 3-4 it took 1 month for them to get implemented.
i say a new account should have to wait 1 month fully, which starts to cron after they purchase the level 3 tech. i say this should ALSO go for new accounts now as it stands... they should have to be "living" for at least two weeks time aka active, before they are allowed to upgrade said techs.

its nothing against the new or "smaller" players, but i mean as stated above, if i could get full techs tomorrow, why would i be waisting my money on purchasing all these crappy weapons? this only makes it 100% rounded fairness. i have these crappy weps, you have these crappy weps. and so shall they when they play.

its an evolution thing. not a hey its already here thing lets just buy them all at once for a couple hits. no no no. too bad so sad sorry to say, if you cant farm anyone or be farmed, then you know what, perhaps just live off your income and build up some up... and so on... and hope to gary (god) when you create a new planet (account) that you will at least be started with more resources than you do now ;)

:-D agreed
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

you mean like the ones who used the link to gain army then everyone just got bumped to the same size :shock:
Ruki
Forum Irregular
Race: Nano Ti
ID: 1940100

helsmar wrote:also, as for new players jumping in later,if they get access to the weapons whilst we were here blowing turn after turn to farm **Filtered** nothing, with nothing, for nothing... then they jump in start farming a hell of a lot, with a hell of a lot, for a hell of a lot... whats the point of playing for now? i might as well pump my up a bit, sell everything i have pump some more up, and wait it out.... get my army size bigger than anyone else and then when better weapons come out i get stronger.

Well, there are restrictions on new accounts already. If you hadn't noticed that already. But they don't have that much of an advantage if any. We already have a higher UP higher income, and the weapons right off the bat. They have to wait for turns to come to be able to farm what we have already.
Egeria
Queen of the Tok'ra
Race: Tok'ra/Altera/Human
ID: 13823
Alternate name(s): ______
Lin - Human host
Zanuf - Tok'ra symbiote
Ayiana - Alteran host of Egeria

I have seen that newer accounts start with smaller army size.
Lin (Human Host)
Zanuf (Tok'ra Symbiote)
Tok'ra hunter pack
Egeria, Queen of the Tok'ra.
Old characters
Ayiana, Alteran scientist, host of Egeria.
Lut'ien, a Twi'lek Jedi padawan.
Narrative of Laren, host of Ptah. Her thoughts, inaudible.
Ptah, Goa'uld Scientist implanted in Laren. Her thoughts.
Jaffa of Ptah. Speech of the Jaffa.

Click here to see Stargate: Enmity Saga character profile
Anyone interested in blending with a Tok'ra can contact either me, my host Ayiana, Teal'auc, or Johauna, the host of Teal'auc.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Egeria wrote:I have seen that newer accounts start with smaller army size.

AG announced that.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Egeria
Queen of the Tok'ra
Race: Tok'ra/Altera/Human
ID: 13823
Alternate name(s): ______
Lin - Human host
Zanuf - Tok'ra symbiote
Ayiana - Alteran host of Egeria

That is one place I saw it.
Lin (Human Host)
Zanuf (Tok'ra Symbiote)
Tok'ra hunter pack
Egeria, Queen of the Tok'ra.
Old characters
Ayiana, Alteran scientist, host of Egeria.
Lut'ien, a Twi'lek Jedi padawan.
Narrative of Laren, host of Ptah. Her thoughts, inaudible.
Ptah, Goa'uld Scientist implanted in Laren. Her thoughts.
Jaffa of Ptah. Speech of the Jaffa.

Click here to see Stargate: Enmity Saga character profile
Anyone interested in blending with a Tok'ra can contact either me, my host Ayiana, Teal'auc, or Johauna, the host of Teal'auc.
none-delete-me
Forum Grunt

maybe so but in all fairness the player base is going to be almost 70% if not 80% from the same player base that already knew this game was "launched".

>>> SGW community.

and why should anyone suffer purely because player x started 4 months late? at best the admins should do what sgw failed to accomplish. balance for new starters, but everyone is going to complain true but i mean as an example look at sgw as it is now.... you start a new account you get what like 400 units... 10k naq? and like 100 turns?! now that's absurdity!

as it is for origins on the other hand don't give me bull **Filtered** about (sarcastic sissy voice) " ooooo they need to wait for turnnnnnns to commmme innnn"

that is utter stupidity... you basically get 45 turns/turn. if you "do not attack" you start building up extra turns... and they pile up fast. fast enough to be able to do constant daily farming.

as it stands the current "new beginning" for an account is fair enough for those late starters. and as i mentioned they should be not penalized but, restricted to learning all the techs within 1 RL day.... its not only unrealistic towards the game itself, its just simply unrealistic towards the current player base who had to wait... get pummeled, work with the crap they had available then some new kid on the block gets to skip this who stage.

**Filtered** happens. hence why the tier system for tech's came out. though would it be fair if someone right now purchased a weapon.. even just one, that had 2560 defense or 2560 strike?

it is harsh, i know, but this is why right now we are being "limited" so why would it be fair that others that come later on shouldn't be limited as well?

i mean hell... you stay on your fresh new account ppt, you have enough to skip the hardships and ordeals of which are the point of origins. you basically get a new main, and might as well have everyone that is playing right now stop using ANY of their turns. sell everything they have and ONLY build up. then, when the last tier comes online we all go nuts. but wait then people will complain... those guys have 5000 units and we only have 1000... why is that.... its not fair....

*then we all head-desk, and stress the fact that we actually played the game when it came out... we actually fought for our naq and strained the fact that each piece of naq gained threw each attack was as vital as the last. but in reality these newer players won't care all they will see is they have 1000 units and you have 5000. or you have a quadrillion power they have 1. its stupid to think that anyone will or should even be allowed (given a bit of time and farming which is actually possible even now) to be able to acquire this said "point" that players whom have been playing since the launch months after the released date.

stop the madness, slowly raise the starting accounts... like monthly or something.... at least this way they can still eventually catch up.

and to put it in simpler terms..... so that my rant can actually be understood :P

the point behind my rant:
if earth could just randomly go: "Hey look, we discovered how to cure every disease, as well as mastered the space time continuum..." wait... that doesn't make sense... because it would take several thousand years of research, development, practice and so on.... this is not a "Star Trek" where technology just suddenly appears out of the blue :P
(i assume someone is going to bash me due to that inaccurate reference)
but the fact remains a new player's "scientists" need time to "research" and "develop" these technologies. as it should even for ourselves, race changes and so on.....
My Feed Back Thread
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

Just so that everyone knows new accounts are based off the starting naq (40,000) and the turns since 0 hour (currently around 1300 turns). The same is true for the untrained units, the base was 350.

Currently a new player receives around 1.1Million Naq, and 1100 UU

The rule of thumb is for every turn that passes a new accounts will get 60 additional naq and 0.6 of a UU

As far as 'time to learn' techs go, we might have so of those in the future. Currently the Naq spent on weapon techs isn't research, but building the facilities to produce the weapons.
I honestly don't think it would be fair down the road that a new player to the game has to wait a week before thier tier 3 weapon research is done while the veteran players can sit on their accounts. I can't say for sure, but I'm willing to bet that if anyone started playing this game a month from now and had to wait 3 or 4 weeks to get to tier 5 weapons the whole time thier accounts have been hammered by older players with tier 7 or 8 weapons. Something just tells me that new player wont stick around for very long.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

adminGary wrote:Just so that everyone knows new accounts are based off the starting naq (40,000) and the turns since 0 hour (currently around 1300 turns). The same is true for the untrained units, the base was 350.

The rule of thumb is for every turn that passes a new accounts will get 60 additional naq and 0.6 of a UU

As far as 'time to learn' techs go, we might have so of those in the future. Currently the Naq spent on weapon techs isn't research, but building the facilities to produce the weapons.
I honestly don't think it would be fair down the road that a new player to the game has to wait a week before thier tier 3 weapon research is done while the veteran players can sit on their accounts. I can't say for sure, but I'm willing to bet that if anyone started playing this game a month from now and had to wait 3 or 4 weeks to get to tier 5 weapons the whole time thier accounts have been hammered by older players with tier 7 or 8 weapons. Something just tells me that new player wont stick around for very long.

At last an admin who is clued into the game, and how to keep it alive.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
~Coyle~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Doom
Race: Irish

GeneralChaos wrote:
adminGary wrote:Just so that everyone knows new accounts are based off the starting naq (40,000) and the turns since 0 hour (currently around 1300 turns). The same is true for the untrained units, the base was 350.

At last an admin who is clued into the game, and how to keep it alive.

Agreed there mate

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

No, you are right.. they should not have to WAIT, but they should have to WORK for their tier weapons.

I think aside from the third tier weapons, you should raise the cost's of the weapons tiers with a ratio symbolic of the average naq hit, currently ranging in the 190-200k at least for me.

So it cost's.. I dunno.. 500k for tier 4 now, but when the naq hits are 1mill a pop on average and there are twice as many farmable accounts in the game, then surely it would make sense to make the weapon 4 tier cost more in the region of 6-9mill naq or so.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Return to “Development and Suggestions”