Officers

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
Vixion
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: α Allegiance
Race: NanoTi Master
ID: 1902907

Officers

I had a look in this section as well as a forum search, but didn't find anything on this; so with that in mind...

Is there any ideas floating around about introducing officers ? I think it would be a great addition, but make it so that you can only have 1 officer, none of this 10 rubbish - just the one.
"I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation
pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars
and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy crap we don't need." - Tyler Durden.
Hookoo2
Forum Expert
Alliance: Executive Solutions
Race: system lord
ID: 69357

Re: Officers

back when i started playing main we usued to be able to have 25

Vixion
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: α Allegiance
Race: NanoTi Master
ID: 1902907

Same here, well in fact i think there were more at one point. I remember certain players having pages upon pages of officers. I think just one on Origin would be best though. This addition to the game should cause minimal bug issues in my opinion and wouldn't be hard to implement, but we'll see what others think...
"I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation
pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars
and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy crap we don't need." - Tyler Durden.
Epyon {recruiting}
Forum Regular
ID: 0

tbh i think either 3 or 5 would be the perfect number officers outnumber commanders in genereal and it could be the beginings of a little army
Epyon {recruiting} wrote:They Say You Should'nt Fear The Reaper, Thats True, But You Should Fear Me
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

:lol: no more tahn five... still at this point i think would of been silly to have officers still could be something to get workin on... :-D
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

if memory serves it was more than 25 officers in main at one point. :lol:

However, I think as far as officers go, a nice random odd number would be good, like 3. 3 officers should be good, enough to get a fair benefit from a few newbies, but not enough to give anyone a disgustingly lead...
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

There didn't use to be a limit (or it was very high): _Apophis_ used to have around 100 officers :lol:

Definitely no more than 10 if this were to be implemented - 5 is probably a decent little number...
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I would go with 3 or 5, 5 getting my vote. I hope a fresh approach to Off/Co relationships arise tho. It should be more like it is in R/L. Its a cost to support another, not a race to mooch the most off your officers.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

I think a fresh approach to officers is needed for Origins.

I think it would be interesting to merge the alliances and officers.
Midnight
Forum Regular

Lore wrote:I would go with 3 or 5, 5 getting my vote. I hope a fresh approach to Off/Co relationships arise tho. It should be more like it is in R/L. Its a cost to support another, not a race to mooch the most off your officers.

I agree, and it should be open to some form of negotiation as well. I think the basic option of 10/20/30% just doesn't cut the cheese as the saying goes...
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Midnight wrote:
Lore wrote:I would go with 3 or 5, 5 getting my vote. I hope a fresh approach to Off/Co relationships arise tho. It should be more like it is in R/L. Its a cost to support another, not a race to mooch the most off your officers.

I agree, and it should be open to some form of negotiation as well. I think the basic option of 10/20/30% just doesn't cut the cheese as the saying goes...

oh so true mate, having one officer barely getting his worth and another getting farmed cuz he cant habndle the income is such a pain in the rear.

@ AG, I always kinna felt like officers and alliances should be tied together, was always stupid having officers in an alliance your at war with lol
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Midnight
Forum Regular

Lore wrote:was always stupid having officers in an alliance your at war with lol

:lol: Good to see I am not the only one who found that...

For some reason my officers are always extremely disgruntled when I dismiss them and then start massing them... After all... war is war...

An interesting thing to try, would be to reverse the flow of resources... The officer gets UU, and the commander gets naq...

However that would naturally only work if you had 3 or less officers... Could be interesting to see if people would reverse their logic and turn their officers into commanders...
[BERSERKER]
Forum Regular
Race: Tauri

Perhaps stick with the trade income, for increase in unit production.
However make the percentages dividable.

As in a limit of 30% income given out, but you can divide it 22-4-4, if you so desire.

Of course more than that can be added, the commander/officer relationship can be much more interesting than that I'm sure.
Hookoo2
Forum Expert
Alliance: Executive Solutions
Race: system lord
ID: 69357

i like that last post congratulations BERSERKER ive found that when i take a new person to the game as an officer they can get too much naq but its hard on the other officer/officers if someone with a up off 100k raw less than u gets the same amount.

Oberaan
Forum Newbie
Alliance: ~Horus Lords~/dRUNK mONKIES
Race: System Lord/Goa'uld

I like the idea of having officers tied into the alliances. it almost brings in a rank structure of sorts.
Oberaan Lord of the De'Danann

Return to “Development and Suggestions”