Officers

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
Epyon {recruiting}
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Re: Officers

the officer-alliance idea + the proportional choice of income to officers get 4 thumbs up i had two rob the other two but we cant reattach them for him later
Epyon {recruiting} wrote:They Say You Should'nt Fear The Reaper, Thats True, But You Should Fear Me
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Now lets see what AG's devious little mind can come up with.

I wonder if he will put race resrictions on officers/commanders as well :lol:
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

I'm fairly certain at right now that Alliances and Officers will be merged, unless someone can come up with a terribly compelling reason for me not to.

If all goes to plan I'll be starting to write the alliance code soon, now that most of the bugs have been worked out.
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

adminGary wrote:I'm fairly certain at right now that Alliances and Officers will be merged, unless someone can come up with a terribly compelling reason for me not to.

If all goes to plan I'll be starting to write the alliance code soon, now that most of the bugs have been worked out.

Are you saying though, that you NEED to be an officer to be in the alliance (even though hopefully that is unlikely just want to be sure)
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

xXxsephirothxXx wrote:
adminGary wrote:I'm fairly certain at right now that Alliances and Officers will be merged, unless someone can come up with a terribly compelling reason for me not to.

Are you saying though, that you NEED to be an officer to be in the alliance (even though hopefully that is unlikely just want to be sure)

Or is it that you need to be in the alliance, to be an officer?

LOL

As for your question AG, Think it through

Some serious Cons to the idea
1. Lone wolves are screwed
2. If an alliance has 20 members, then everyone only gets 1 officer. If someone gets 2 officers then someone doesnt get one at all. If one person has 5 officers then thats 5 people that get none
3. What about Empires os sister alliances? can they pull officers from 1 alliance to the other? Say the core alliance is 10 members, and the training alliance is 30 members, can the 10 have the 30 as officers?

Just a few things to consider

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to do it, and I'm open to a entirely new system, even if it is very limiting.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

Lore wrote:
xXxsephirothxXx wrote:

LOL

2. If an alliance has 20 members, then everyone only gets 1 officer. If someone gets 2 officers then someone doesnt get one at all. If one person has 5 officers then thats 5 people that get none
3. What about Empires os sister alliances? can they pull officers from 1 alliance to the other? Say the core alliance is 10 members, and the training alliance is 30 members, can the 10 have the 30 as officers?

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to do it, and I'm open to a entirely new system, even if it is very limiting.

Great point Lore on fire :lol:
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

Lore wrote:
xXxsephirothxXx wrote:

LOL

:-D agreed! PLEASE NO OFFICERS AT ALL !
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Alliance command system... HELLO! :lol:

HC/leader members = NO commanders. Then just have people underneath them (if they want to be officers) join a certain rank. no benefits other than the tacit knowledge gained from being in that alliance.

That's what officers should be, at least the closest thing we get to them... non of this crap where you give them resources and stuff.. that would be lieges and lotark's now wouldn't it? Officers do thy bidding, in THY ARMY...they don't go their own way with things... At least.. if we're changing systems and creating new concepts can we PLEASE try and be a little bit more 'politically' correct with the terminologies we're throwing around... :roll:

These guys (different name depending on the race!) would only be allowed to join a player if they were in the same alliance.

Bonuses would be... either..

Type 1/1.5 = would get a naq bonus for a UP or AT boost, whichever you prefer. That makes sense.. UP boost = more man power, AT boost = more minor people to command your people for you.

Type 2 = if you wanted to be wacky, you could just have an officer's farming efforts donate a certain % of their stolen naq to you in tribute! (of course straight to your vault, until it's full) :shock: :D :wink:

More food for thought for you there!
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
adminGary

If I do bonuses for the rank system in alliances it would be something like
Rank 1 gets a 5 percent bonus to income
Rank 2 gets a 4 percent bonus to income
Rank 3 gets a 3 percent bonus to income
Rank 4 gets a 2 percent bonus to income
Rank 5 gets a 1 percent bonus to income

We might have an up bonus or something of that sort, I'm not sure at this time about it though.
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder
Alliance: Nemesis Tempest
Race: Necromonger
ID: 1961274

adminGary wrote:If I do bonuses for the rank system in alliances it would be something like
Rank 1 gets a 5 percent bonus to income
Rank 2 gets a 4 percent bonus to income
Rank 3 gets a 3 percent bonus to income
Rank 4 gets a 2 percent bonus to income
Rank 5 gets a 1 percent bonus to income

We might have an up bonus or something of that sort, I'm not sure at this time about it though.

Sounds like a very good plan to me AG. Also like the idea of being able to split the bonuses to officers.

Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

wouldnt this affect the lone wolfs ??? im in a one man alliance... why i cant have this ? i dont want more members i want to stay alone... me wants a bonuuuuuus whyyyy whyyy i cant... :lol:
seriously this will affect lone wolfs... any bonus for the no gang man ?
adminGary

keep in mind that a lone wolf doesn't have to pay alliance fees.

The bonus naq will never be enough to cover the alliance fees.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

You could also make it that a lonewolf can only have a person who is not in an alliance as an officer / co.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster

I like the variable income to officers, especially if one goes on vacation for a week lol.

Btw, your doing a good job with the server 8)
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder
Alliance: Nemesis Tempest
Race: Necromonger
ID: 1961274

Sarevok wrote:I like the variable income to officers, especially if one goes on vacation for a week lol.

Btw, your doing a good job with the server 8)

I second that. Love the game AG! Keeps my mind off the real fighting.

Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)

Return to “Development and Suggestions”